Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Resh

Energy Balls

7 posts in this topic

Sometimes I have weird vivid dreams where something weird is happening and suddenly all the imagery, characters and landscape disapear and im left looking at a huge ball of energy, bright red for example, with a weird reddish backround. I have no Idea what this meant and I got scared and woke up fairly calm.

Another time I was in the theater, and the curtain opened up and a huge ball of energy was in the stage. I got scared at the time because I knew what it was this time.

Unconsciously, what does it mean when you see these things? When thought forms take on this type of symbolism?

Anyone ever heard about something similar?

2 people like this

No one truly understands the nature of dreams. They may or may not have any meaning at all. Our dreams may be a result of our unconscious mind processing information, or they may be a result of something on your mind, or a combination of both, or maybe neither is the case at all. There is no "right" way to interpret our dreams, and no one can tell you what they truly mean. You can give yourself the best answer. Ponder the recurrence for a while. What do YOU think it means? Your choice of interpretation here is very powerful. You can choose to think nothing of it, or you can choose to determine that it has significant meaning. The latter will affect your actions and decisions which in turn affect your life. I get the feeling that the ball of energy scares you...or perhaps you fear not knowing what it is. I'd recommend that you take it from an inquisitive/curious viewpoint versus one of fear.

No one truly understands the nature of dreams. They may or may not have any meaning at all. Our dreams may be a result of our unconscious mind processing information, or they may be a result of something on your mind, or a combination of both, or maybe neither is the case at all. There is no "right" way to interpret our dreams, and no one can tell you what they truly mean. You can give yourself the best answer. Ponder the recurrence for a while. What do YOU think it means? Your choice of interpretation here is very powerful. You can choose to think nothing of it, or you can choose to determine that it has significant meaning. The latter will affect your actions and decisions which in turn affect your life. I get the feeling that the ball of energy scares you...or perhaps you fear not knowing what it is. I'd recommend that you take it from an inquisitive/curious viewpoint versus one of fear.

Here's one explanation.

Our complexes are processing machines. Eat, digest, excrete, you know the science I'm sure. The brain is no different but it doesn't thrive on sausage and chips like our internal organs do.

It thrives on electrical impressions from the senses and the environment. According to the three fold law of eat, digest, excrete, the brain must comply with that.

How the brain does it is this:

There are a wide number of experiences that a human is subject to in one day. Some are resolved and relegated while some are not. The impressions that the brain cannot relegate need to be expelled. It does this by clothing that impression in the form of a familiar image and it gets expressed in dreams which are low grade images.

So as an example, you may be wondering about magic mushrooms one day. Your brain not knowing what to do with this will clothe it in some familiar imagery and you may for example dream about a guy walking with a mushroom growing out of his foot.

That's how it works. Many dreams therefore are nothing more that the brain taking a dump.

Now other dreams may be to do with your complex telling you it has a need. For example let's say your body needs you to go to the toilet in the night but you are in deep sleep? Your brain may give you a dream with you in a toilet block where all cubicles are soiled. See how it works?

The other night I slept with the window open by mistake. It turned cold. My dream was about me being in the antarctic. My complex and brain was trying to tell me something.

Most dreams are not profound but can be explained in this way. In my experience very very few are of a prophetic nature. I wouldn't say they are not possible, just rare.

Hope that helps.

1 person likes this

This model should hold for conscious dreaming as well. What happens if you become aware that you're dreaming? Does your brain have to "pinch the loaf" if you decide to take control? ;)

This model should hold for conscious dreaming as well. What happens if you become aware that you're dreaming? Does your brain have to "pinch the loaf" if you decide to take control? ;)

Conscious dreaming? Day dreaming? I think this is just a loose brain looking for an escape from boredom.

Far better to keep the mind focused on something constructive than let it wander on it's own. Would you let your child wander through a busy town on it's own?

Conscious dreaming? Day dreaming? I think this is just a loose brain looking for an escape from boredom.

Far better to keep the mind focused on something constructive than let it wander on it's own. Would you let your child wander through a busy town on it's own?

Oh no I'm talking about lucid dreaming -- gaining full awareness/consciousness while in a dream. If you decide to take control of the dream, then according to your model you can consiously take control of this process. If you interrupt this process then you should probably expect worse overall health and brain function if this process is just your brain "taking a dump". Well as far as I know, lucid dreaming has no negative effects on health. I've been lucid dreaming for years and I'm in excellent health.

And I mean no offense, but I just want to play devil's advocate here -- I think it's important to do this whenever anyone makes bold claims:

I agree that dreams CAN be influenced by information on your mind and by the surroundings around your body while you sleep, but I don't think this explains all dreams. We can construct all sorts of scenarios that would probably fail to be explained. All this means is that the model isn't accurate -- it might be for SOME dreams but not all dreams. If it were really that simple then we should easily be able to replicate dreams by controlling our sensory input, and this model can be tested scientifically. Here's an easy experiment to test: go to sleep in a cold room every night for a week. Record every dream you can remember. Do all of them take place in cold environments or have some cold theme? Of course we would need to test this on a large group. There are some obvious pitfalls in doing experiments with dreams since not everyone can remember every dream every day. But if any dream failed to have a "cold" theme in our excitement then the model fails and we need a new one. If every dream DOES have a manifestation of something cold, then this is only a step in the right direction. But this would only say that dreams can be influenced externally -- it doesn't mean that all dreams are a result of external stimuli. That requires more testing. Any model that fails to explain one dream is not an accurate model for all dreams. Not to mention, you believe prophetic dreams are possible. I don't see how this would come about in your explanation unless you think that these rare occurrences were purely coincidence.

Unconsciously, what does it mean when you see these things? When thought forms take on this type of symbolism?

Anyone ever heard about something similar?

I find that symbolism is mostly unique to the dreamer, but there are certain ultimate truths, symbols or archetypes that are shared by everyone..

Everything is energy.. there's nothing to fear about that..

As for the meaning of these things, and dreams in general, I'm toying with the idea that some Dreams are a landscape of our own minds where thoughts are manifested as the things we see and interact with in our dreams. Thoughts are things.. Some dreams might even be Egoic in source, and others might even be vague memories of the Astral or other dimensions that we can't comprehend in the 3-d dimension.