Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What was it that made Einstein a genius ?

UM-Bot

Researchers have long pondered over what factors played a role in making Albert Einstein so clever.

Possibly the most recognized name in science, Albert Einstein revolutionized our understanding of physics and is widely considered to be one of the greatest geniuses that ever lived. Since his death in 1955 scientists have long tried to determine what it was that made him so intelligent.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/255795/what-was-it-that-made-einstein-a-genius

How about pure interest, passion, dedication, hard-work and sacrifice? Why do people not factor in these things also? Is it necessary to have like a neuro-pathology in order to be a genius? The same can be said about other geniuses too like Bach, da Vinci, etc.

Just saying...

• Like 3

I think partly his ability to concentrate wholly on one subject for long periods of time.

I remember years ago reading in a book (I don't remember its title) about a physicist who published something interesting to Einstein, and visited Einstein at his home in Princeton. He arrived late one morning and went directly to Einstein's study where they went over the idea until lunch (where Albert had to be told to eat), then the two studied until dinner, then after dinner they continued until bedtime.

(I don't remember if the physicist stayed that night at the house or not), but the next morning the two studied the consequences of the physicist's theory until two o.clock in the afternoon, when the guest had to leave.

The guy said when he returned home he was so mentally exhausted he couldn't think about physics for several days. He said his visit with Einstein was the most strenuous intellectual effort he had ever experienced.

Then he thought, Einstein has worked at this intense intellectual level every day of his life. He thought this dedication of Einstein was beyond the capabilities of himself or of any scientist he had ever known.

• Like 2

It is cultural pride that keeps Einstein in such a prominent place in science, not his math skills. Many of the ideas attributed to Einstein were actually developed by others, such as Charles Lorentz. Do a search for "einstein plagiarism" to get the details. Einstein's real success is due to his Jewish ancestry. He was suggested to be the first President of Israel, but he declined, which ironically proved he was a genius in other ways. Also, the math behind General Relativity is a sham (see the work of Stephen J. Crothers). The so-called "proofs" of Relativity Theory are also a sham since the "relativistic signal" is easily lost in the data background noise. If you want to examine brains to find out why Einstein is such a genius, try looking at the brains of "ordinary" people to find out why they are so gullible.

• Like 2

Eating the right breakfast cereal?

Some people seem to be gifted in certain areas, such as in the arts, music or sciences and make outstanding contributions in their field.

For myself, I lead a pathetically boring life, and the Earth will quickly forget my eventual passing.

Well, except for UM, of course, where my contibutions have been OUTSTANDING BEYOND COMPARISON. :passifier: :passifier: :passifier:

:w00t:

Edited by pallidin

Being absolutely convinced he was right.

I feel like anyone can change their brain chemistry to become powerfully effective with the right kind of thinking and mindset. Ambition and a strive for knowledge is more important than many people think

There are unquestionably biological anomalies and imperatives that impact our thinking and brain or we would not have evolved into our current form. More rapid evolution was perhaps more likely to occur in the past when our physical lives depended upon an ability to adapt and formulate viable solutions. Those who were not as able, well, they simply failed to procreate due to death. But, there are certainly behavioral, cognitive, social methods that we can use to become better thinkers. Whether we are willing to step from our areas-of-comfort to endeavor to become better thinkers is, of course, a measure of our willingness to take risks.

Humans are so silly. we excel in COMPLICATING the mundane and simple. What made Einstein a genius was his imagination. That's right, the same thing he and many others were told in their childhood in school that got them labeled as slow is what made them excel far beyond the confines of the limits of the science of their day. Ironic isn't it that IMAGINATION bolsters genius, and FAITH sees it through.

The atomic bomb ... If only I knew, i would have done the clockmaker.. (famous sentence of Einstein) ..if at least he was a misunderstood genius..

It is cultural pride that keeps Einstein in such a prominent place in science, not his math skills. Many of the ideas attributed to Einstein were actually developed by others, such as Charles Lorentz. Do a search for "einstein plagiarism" to get the details. Einstein's real success is due to his Jewish ancestry. He was suggested to be the first President of Israel, but he declined, which ironically proved he was a genius in other ways. Also, the math behind General Relativity is a sham (see the work of Stephen J. Crothers). The so-called "proofs" of Relativity Theory are also a sham since the "relativistic signal" is easily lost in the data background noise. If you want to examine brains to find out why Einstein is such a genius, try looking at the brains of "ordinary" people to find out why they are so gullible.

Einstein used the most modern ideas, but he had the insights. This is insulting.
  • Like 2

Humans are so silly. we excel in COMPLICATING the mundane and simple. What made Einstein a genius was his imagination. That's right, the same thing he and many others were told in their childhood in school that got them labeled as slow is what made them excel far beyond the confines of the limits of the science of their day. Ironic isn't it that IMAGINATION bolsters genius, and FAITH sees it through.

Einstein doesn't much seem to have had much truck with faith. He had a big head with lots of neurons and lots of interconnections. What he did though boggles the mind.

Even if he used the work of others as his basis more than a lot of us think, doesn't it still stand that no one else connected everything he did, the way he did? If he "just" put the pieces of the puzzle together that makes him insightful in my eyes, dont know how much of the reputation he deserved though.

But... why doesn't anyone look at this through astrology? It's useful for stuff like this, though it doesn't tell everything. But... the first step Einstein took mentally, was always "Unravel, deciphering, revealing natural patterns" and "Revealing the inner workings". Only one of 180 people have that placement, and also his ascendant sign works very well as he had more thinking capacity than he knew himself (gemini 12th house) and was unrelenting and always pushing forward in his work (aries 10th house). Quaoar, the asteroid that's said to be the source of "revealing natural patterns" according to http://www.astrologicaldepth.com/TNOInfo/Quaoar.htm , takes 286 years to go around the sun once. So once in a 286 years there's around a 25-year span where only one of 180 people have this placement. And to have so much planets on the upper side of his chart does contribute to fluency in scientific work, especially to that you can keep at it prolonged. These things alone reduce the odds to have his decisive aspects in chart greatly, and there's more but I doubt anyone's interested. Just making a point his chart was very fitting to what he did, and that many people dont have the kind of chart he had.

Quite simple: imagination and visualization.

But being a man with a huge imagination myself, I doubt Einstein theory has being perfect. There are a like of rigor and doubt in Einstein that makes me quite perplex.

Or another reason was that his biggest theory was related to astrophysic, where most theories are wrong, anyway!

Schizo

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone here know if he has any living children or grandchildren?

I wonder if any of them(if they exist) shares in this so-called "genius trait"

Probably not important as I guess we would have heard about it by now.

Being absolutely convinced he was right.

Thats true. When Brittish journalist ask him, just before scientists will test his theory during sun eclipse, what if is turn out that he was wrong.

He respond: I dont care for results of experiment. My theory is still right. (paraphrsed 1st sentence.)

On OP:I think to answer this question we need to study all genious and find pattern.

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone here know if he has any living children or grandchildren?
First Wife: Mileva Maric, 1875-1948 (married 1903, divorced 1919), Serbian Christian, physicist, three children

Daughter: Lieserl Maric, 1902-?, put up for adoption as infant, fate unknown

Son: Hans Albert Einstein, 1914-1973, professor of hydraulic engineering, three children

Son: Eduard Einstein, 1910-1965, institutionalized for schizophrenia, no children

Grandson (son of Hans Albert): Bernhard Caesar Einstein, 1930-, physicist, five children

Grandson (son of Hans Albert): Klaus Einstein, 1932-1938, died of diphtheria as child

http://www.shmoop.co...ein/family.html

I've also read the Albert Einstein thought that he himself may have been slightly schizophrenic, or what we now label as slightly autistic.

Edited by StarMountainKid

What makes Einstein a genius? (or anyone, for that matter...what are the qualifications)?

He developed very advanced theories that were groundbreaking at the time, but so have plenty of other people after him who were not labeled geniuses. We tend to think of Einstein's theories as "genius" because it deals with a realm of physics that the common person does not comprehend. For scientists who were working on cutting edge projects and theories at the same time as him though, Einstein was probably just another scientist to them--albeit a very lucky one. He grew up during a scientific boom and was in the right place at the right time to grow an interest in and develop such theories and ideas. He had a strong passion for science.

...that's a very "relativistic" perspective though. ;)