Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman hypnotized in to drinking vinegar

Saru

Certain types of vinegar have a very mild taste. That being said, power of persuasion, and the want to be hypnotized helps in these things.

She volunteered, went up on stage, that indicates she wanted to be hypnotized for the sake of the show.

I was chosen to go on stage at a hypnotists show once, it was me and 4 other people and a huge load of BS. Most of those people were doing it just to be able to participate. It was ridiculous. The dude told me I was an ant looking for food to bring back, I walked to my table and sat down. One person I believe went under and all she did was sleep on stage.

• Like 1

I think Derren is amazing the things he can make people and himself do, the power of the mind is truly amazing.

Lava Lady is hitting nail on head.

Having been through the experience of hypnosis on an entertainment level, I can tell you honestly, it's a bunch of bull. I do, however, believe that hypnosis can be a powerful tool used in therapy with a professional.

I think Derren is amazing the things he can make people and himself do, the power of the mind is truly amazing.

Unfortunately, hypnotists absolutely cannot "make" anyone do anything. That is a fact. The people onstage participate in the show and do what he asks because they want to participate. He has no control over their behavior. That is not how hypnosis works. He is just an entertainer and that's it.

I've drank vinegar before for a dare and i didn't need to be hypnotised to do it. Guess i'm just stupid.

You aren't stupid! lol Vinegar has health benefits, I've drank vinegar for stomach ailments. Also, we eat it in salad dressings and other foods so what's the difference between eating and drinking it? ;)