Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hollywood

qxcontinuum

It's all Hollywood really. Our minds and eyes or believes are very much driven by movies and Hollywood these days. That includes aliens, fake religions, believes, myths etc...recently there is a cult and admiration for vampirism.. Of corse it is from Twighlight!

What a twisted world , wake up peoples. Nothing a camera can't catch is real!

Edited by qxcontinuum

Of course it's real, whether it be actors or pixels, they exist.

(I know what you are trying to say, just wanted to point out that things exist as matter.)

Well you know what the Chilli Peppers say:

Space may be the final frontier but it's made in a Hollywood basement.

• Like 2

Hollywood at its worst is destructive and distorts everything. However there have been some pretty great movies made.

• Like 2

It's all Hollywood really. Our minds and eyes or believes are very much driven by movies and Hollywood these days. That includes aliens, fake religions, believes, myths etc...recently there is a cult and admiration for vampirism.. Of corse it is from Twighlight!

Myths, religions, aliens, etc, have only been around since Hollywood? You need to wake up.

Myths, religions, aliens, etc, have only been around since Hollywood? You need to wake up.

No, they've been around since Caveman A decided it was a good idea to sacrifice Caveman B because he saw lightening in the sky and thought it was some higher being. Then "religion" got organized and got people to believe in it without actually seeing anything. And to this day, man still looks up at the sky and sees things he or she cannot explain, no matter how terrestrial they may be, and think it's something it's not. In these cases, they think it's "aliens".

Hollywood distorts reality as well: Family life, current events, politics, cultures, mental illness...it's a loooong list.

It's what they do.

Is it possible to distort myths, legends, mysteries, and monsters (etc)?

Edited by QuiteContrary

I reckon, as has been pointed out already, its not the fault of Hollywood, Bollywood, Elstree Studio's, Golden Harvest or any other movie making outfit. Its down to the folk watching.

Remember Orson Wells allegedly freaked out many people with his radio show about alien invasion. No Hollywood involved there at all, no moving pictures to lodge in your mind....it was in all the worried and imaginative minds of the listeners.

And long before movies and radio....books were having similar effects...

So yeh, its down to how people interpret and process any info,

But I will say JAWS gave me a serious phobia of the seaside, and half the world too I expect!! But ALIEN (Sigourney Weaver) never made me worry about space monsters...funny that isnt it?

Edited by seeder

But I will say JAWS gave me a serious phobia of the seaside, and half the world too I expect!! But ALIEN (Sigourney Weaver) never made me worry about space monsters...funny that isnt it?

You got it right there. I have zero interest in serial killer thrillers or Jaws/Anacondas/Alligators et al. Give me a completely fictional, no hope of ever having to face such a thing in real life and therefore zero chance of living life with a phobia, thriller like Predator, Alien or Zombies etc and I am loving it.

• Like 2

The thing about brain is bound to reproduce images it sees. Under certain stress or relaxation conditions many times when someone is tired there can be conscious dreaming. We all know what would happen if we had a party last night and the next day we go to work. There would be segments of a few seconds short when we actually fall asleep and dream with eyes open. When Tiesto released a single a few years ago called "just be " i used to watch it every day. The girl in it was gorgeous the music was great. Then one day at work while i was tired and while watching the video again, someone rang at the door. The receptionist opened up and while doing a quick eyes inspection of the person coming i saw the very same girl from the video :). It was to me a revelation the exact example how brain can play tricks under certain conditions.

Not really saying that the ufos are result of movies and conscious dreaming but in this case hollywood and its scene can feed the brain with images which can be released sometimes.

Of corse overall Hollywood is screwing up people's minds distorting the most important concepts that build up the society such as family , politics, reality, etc.... We are doomed as long we watch tv, no matter how healthy and strong psychologically we are, it will eventually get us.

The books were not dangerous, they had not provided images to the brain.

Edited by qxcontinuum

We're all doomed!!

"It" will eventually get us? What will?

How overdramatic.

You realise Hollywood is the result of people's minds? Someone who can't separate reality from fantasy is already a little screwed up.

I may have to disagree there. Im sure that you, and everyone else, can imagine something even if I ask you not to imagine it. To demonstrate this Im going to ask you NOT to think of grasshopper - right now. And especially do not think of a huge grey elephant

Ok so you didn't just think of a grasshopper - or elephant - did you?

What, you did? But why when I asked you not to? :lol: - you see in order for our brains to process written or spoken language, we have to know the meaning of the word being read... its just how it works. And the brain cannot process negatives, so in order to know what not to think about, it first forms the idea of what it shouldnt think about..

Like if I say, when youre driving, to NOT run over the cat ahead, you have to know and see that cat first... in order to avoid it, don't you?

The first books I chose to read when young, were the stories of Enid Blytons famous Five. The books/stories FILLED MY HEAD...with images of deserted islands with spooky houses and tunnels not explored in centuries...as per the story flow. I imagined everything so well, looking back its almost 'as if' I had seen a movie !!

The mind is an incredible thing. The guiys and gals who author books, first 'see' the story in their minds, and continue to see it play out as they write and rewrite it, and so the readers too... form images of the story.

Nope Id say if people - and there are a good number here, are constantly having their minds taken up with UFO's, aliens and associated stuff, its because of what they are putting in their own minds to start with. Like I said before...its all a matter of choice.

very soon Im leaving this forum, I need to address health issues and be more active. So my thinking about anything ufo related will instead be replaced with positive health inspiring websites and stories, if I choose to do some minimal surfing... its what I have chosen.

On the flip side of course, you can see clearly what those who immerse themselves solely in ufology and aliens stories turn out like, take zoser for example, so immersed in all the ufo and alien tales, that he will argue for it all week long, and has been doing so for years, disregarding SOLID debunks and facts that prove otherwise..

So have an interest in ufology, but dont let it consume you. Dont let it be your only interest either. Remember there is no evidence of aliens whatsoever in the history of earth, and no decent proof of solid craft being ufos either...its all just stories. Though alien life is certainly possible of course, no film nor book nor loud screaming forum members can ever offer final proof.

So bear that in mind. While not getting an image in your mind of a kangaroo, right now, of course..just from reading the words :lol:

Edited by seeder

I don't think it's all Hollywood. There have always been storytellers that evoked notions and images. People have believed in things due to stories well before film was invented.

I don't think it's all Hollywood. There have always been storytellers that evoked notions and images. People have believed in things due to stories well before film was invented.

Right , they did but in different ways. Look what hollywood made from santa Claus. From a simple coca cola commercial 100 years ago and a Icelandic horror fairytale they born a different story exported world wide. I am sure in 100 years there will be reports of Sant's and rain deers flying above in the winter...

Certainly kids are enjoying it but it's a lie your basically telling one of them actually , expecting when they grow up to be fair and honest.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Certainly kids are enjoying it but it's a lie your basically telling one of them actually , expecting when they grow up to be fair and honest.

You mean like when an agent of the government pops up at the scene of a disaster and says, "We're here to help."

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Take a look at the scary cave drawings of monsters. They probably depicted creatures that the people believed were real.

Hollywood at its worst is destructive and distorts everything. However there have been some pretty great movies made.

District 9 :nw:

More likely Hollywood is inspired by real life events:

To ensure the film was as accurate as possible to the reported cases, Spielberg hired Dr J Allen Hynek. Widely considered to be the authority on the scientific analysis of the UFO phenomenon, Hynek came up with the UFO classification system, which Close Encounters of the Third Kindtakes it title from. Originally an astronomer, Hynek was hired by the US Air Force to look into the growing number of UFO reports that arose in the late forties. As sightings became more prevalent, the US government came under pressure to set up a formal body to study the cases- its main goal was to determine if any of these sightings were a threat to the American people. Called Project Bluebook, Dr Hynek served as the organization’s scientific advisor. His role was to look into the truly inexplicable cases and try to explain them. But the more cases he looked at, the more Hynek’s position changed from firm skeptic to a believer in the unexplained. In Project Bluebook’s seventeen year history, he oversaw the investigation of over 12,000 reported sightings from all over the United States in its seventeen-year history.

http://www.discovery...the-third-kind/

Consider the Portage County UFO case:

This case was actually what inspired the UFO chase scene in the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

http://www.rense.com/general43/cio.htm

Edited by zoser

The thing about brain is bound to reproduce images it sees. Under certain stress or relaxation conditions many times when someone is tired there can be conscious dreaming. We all know what would happen if we had a party last night and the next day we go to work. There would be segments of a few seconds short when we actually fall asleep and dream with eyes open. When Tiesto released a single a few years ago called "just be " i used to watch it every day. The girl in it was gorgeous the music was great. Then one day at work while i was tired and while watching the video again, someone rang at the door. The receptionist opened up and while doing a quick eyes inspection of the person coming i saw the very same girl from the video :). It was to me a revelation the exact example how brain can play tricks under certain conditions.

Not really saying that the ufos are result of movies and conscious dreaming but in this case hollywood and its scene can feed the brain with images which can be released sometimes.

Of corse overall Hollywood is screwing up people's minds distorting the most important concepts that build up the society such as family , politics, reality, etc.... We are doomed as long we watch tv, no matter how healthy and strong psychologically we are, it will eventually get us.

you can still see images from books without pictures, called imagination

• Like 1

Movies do have a big effect, it's already proven that reports increase when alien movies come out. But it's not where all these things ORIGINATED, it's where they're PERPETUATED, and distorted.

So bear that in mind. While not getting an image in your mind of a kangaroo, right now, of course..just from reading the words :lol:

DAMN IT ... wait that's not a Kangaroo - that's a WALLABY!

HA! Beat you at your own game.

• Like 2

DAMN IT ... wait that's not a Kangaroo - that's a WALLABY!

HA! Beat you at your own game.

hehe :tu:

Right , they did but in different ways. Look what hollywood made from santa Claus. From a simple coca cola commercial 100 years ago and a Icelandic horror fairytale they born a different story exported world wide. I am sure in 100 years there will be reports of Sant's and rain deers flying above in the winter...

That's nothing unique to Hollywood.

Look at what some people hundreds of years ago did with the idea of the Greek pagan god Pan and the Biblical idea of Satan. They jumbled the two ideas together to make Satan into a cloven hoofed sexually deviant Satyr like creature and people started believing it and associating paganism with Satanism. That's just one silly made up idea that many people believe that popped into my head. All sorts of egregious nonsense has been put down on paper as truth like medieval 'textbooks' on witchcraft that were utter BS made up by some proclaimed expert on the subject and which people believe and these kind of things led to very nasty results.

How is what Hollywood is doing any different or any worse?

People make stuff up all the time whether it's telling stories around a campfire, writing them down in books or shooting them on film. And they've been doing it since the dawn of time.

• Like 1