Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protests in Washington This Weekend

Kowalski

Two huge protests will be held in Washington, DC, this weekend....

Truckers For the Constitution

Link: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/07/truckers-for-the-constitution-plan-to-slow-dc-beltway-arrest-congressmen

Million Vet March to Reopen Memorials

Link: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/08/Million-Vet-March-on-Sun-Will-Demand-Obama-Admin-Open-Memorials

Their website is: http://1mvetmarch.wordpress.com/

Also:

Five Honor Flights will be at the Memorial on Saturday Oct. 12, including my chapter the North Country Honor Flight. We would appreciate it if in someway you could channel some of your followers to realize the WW-II Memorial is now open for Honor Flight’s WW-II veterans under a “First Ammendment” permit we have been granted. However we are still being DENIED access to the Iwo Jima Monument [Marine Corps Memorial] which is a standard stop for all Honor Flights. Do you see any way to get the word out on this and have a significant number of vets there on SATURDAY to assist us in getting access for dozens of WW-II Marine heroes who otherwise will never get the opportunity to see their monument? Also be advised there are no Honor Flights scheduled for Sunday October 13th so if any of your Million Vets want to meet the real heroes they should be at the WW-II Memorial and at Iwo the afternoon of Saturday October 12th.

Thank you.

Daniel L. Kaifetz, USMC 1970-172

Executive Director

NORTH COUNTRY HONOR FLIGHT

Link: http://1mvetmarch.wordpress.com/about/

Let's support these guys! :clap:

• Like 2

I'm really pysched about this! Definitely be interesting to see what happens....

• Like 1

I don't see D.C. being too happy about this.

My heart goes out to the veterans..

• Like 1

The truckers...that one could be interesting. I hope they get enough participants to actually get some coverage. I'm afraid the MSM will spin it bad though.

If truckers can't make it to DC...maybe they should just pull the rig over for a couple of days....I'm pretty sure that people all over this country...and even around the world in some instances...will have to sit up and take notice. Nothing moves without the truckers...whether it is from ship or rail...those truckers are what keeps commerce and products moving...

• Like 2

Tdayruckers...that one could be interesting. I hope they get enough participants to actually get some coverage. I'm afraid the MSM will spin it bad though.

If truckers can't make it to DC...maybe they should just pull the rig over for a couple of days....I'm pretty sure that people all over this country...and even around the world in some instances...will have to sit up and take notice. Nothing moves without the truckers...whether it is from ship or rail...those truckers are what keeps commerce and products moving...

Exactly! Without truckers stores will run out of food, in three days...Yep, people will notice that. Most people only have about a week supply of food.... Another thing to consider, is one of the things their protesting is the price of diesel....That is a big deal. If the price of diesel keeps going through the roof, things will get bad for commerce.

• Like 4

one company in Oz has had it's fleet of a hundred or so trucks pulled and we're already experiencing fuel supply issues.

Imagine the havoc hundreds of trucks not on the road even for a day will cause.

• Like 1

one company in Oz has had it's fleet of a hundred or so trucks pulled and we're already experiencing fuel supply issues.

Imagine the havoc hundreds of trucks not on the road even for a day will cause.

As Burt said, it will surely get some attention.

Whether this will be the start of another revolution, I have no clue.

• Like 1

As Burt said, it will surely get some attention.

Whether this will be the start of another revolution, I have no clue.

I mean revolution as in a way of thinking, really.... I think a lot of people are waking up to the corruption in Washington, DC....

• Like 2

I mean revolution as in a way of thinking, really.... I think a lot of people are waking up to the corruption in Washington, DC....

A revolution of the spirit and mind. :)

I agree with you. And that is what Washington fears.

They rather their constituents be distracted by Miley Cyrus and the NFL.

• Like 3

Won't happen. Look, imagine your a government employee. There is an 1884 law that says any spending not authorized by Congress could result in you going to jail. Are you reporting to work? I think not.

A revolution of the spirit and mind. :)

I agree with you. And that is what Washington fears.

They rather their constituents be distracted by Miley Cyrus and the NFL.

You are right. I am seeing a huge awaking in people though... :)

I like this:

"Plays, farces, spectacles, gladiators, strange beasts, medals, pictures, and other such opiates, these were for ancient peoples the bait toward slavery, the price of their liberty, the instruments of tyranny. By these practices and enticements the ancient dictators so successfully lulled their subjects under the yoke, that the stupefied peoples, fascinated by the pastimes and vain pleasures flashed before their eyes, learned subservience as naively, but not so creditably, as little children learn to read by looking at bright picture books. Roman tyrants invented a further refinement. They often provided the city wards with feasts to cajole the rabble, always more readily tempted by the pleasure of eating than by anything else. The most intelligent and understanding amongst them would not have quit his soup bowl to recover the liberty of the Republic of Plato. Tyrants would distribute largess, a bushel of wheat, a gallon of wine, and a sesterce: and then everybody would shamelessly cry, 'Long live the King!' The fools did not realize that they were merely recovering a portion of their own property, and that their ruler could not have given them what they were receiving without having first taken it from them."

Etienne de La Boétie

Discourse on Voluntary Servitude

Edited by Burt Gummer

I have to admit, the first thing that popped into my mind was, "If the truckers clog up the roads, how are the veterans going to get in to do their march?"

• Like 2

I have to admit, the first thing that popped into my mind was, "If the truckers clog up the roads, how are the veterans going to get in to do their march?"

What a conundrum. You just found the media spin to backfire on the truckers.

• Like 1

What a conundrum. You just found the media spin to backfire on the truckers.

I hope there aren't any government employed troll-messengers on here. :whistle:

Kidding.

Now, that is a thought.

• Like 2

I am very interested to see how this plays out. I hope The Hill chokes on the black smoke of thousands of idling big rigs. The truckers can hang for days. They can store supplies and live in their truck bedrooms. They're used to having nowhere to go and living out of their vehicles. I'll tell you one thing. A lack of trucks will make my business feel the pain far more than a lack of nonessential government employee has. Hopefully my kitchens come in tomorrow before the delivery guy heads off to DC.

• Like 1

Shouldn't just be Washington D.C., it should extend to all states and cities with memorials or parks. We should spark an nation-wide protest against our government.

• Like 2

If the veterans want to protest something, why don't they protest the number of suicides every day from their ranks, for surely it is they who are the truly forgotten.

Type this question into Google, "How many veterans commit suicide each day?" 22

Now type this question into Google,"How many suicides are there each day in the United States?" 105

Next ask, "how many veterans are there in the United States?" 21.5 Million

What is the current US population? 314 million

21.5/314 = 7%

22/105 = 21 %

These figures tell us one of two things. Either the U.S. military has three times the number of cowards and misfits as the general population, or they feel guilty for killing their fellow man. My guess would be the latter.

The one question, which you will not find an answer for in Google, is why do they feel guilty?

My guess would be undeclared wars, perhaps, because we did not see this after World War II.

Judas Iscariot may provide an answer.

• Like 1

Judas did his job and was vilified for it.

So I suppose your analogy is true.

If the veterans want to protest something, why don't they protest the number of suicides every day from their ranks, for surely it is they who are the truly forgotten.

Type this question into Google, "How many veterans commit suicide each day?" 22

Now type this question into Google,"How many suicides are there each day in the United States?" 105

Next ask, "how many veterans are there in the United States?" 21.5 Million

What is the current US population? 314 million

21.5/314 = 7%

22/105 = 21 %

These figures tell us one of two things. Either the U.S. military has three times the number of cowards and misfits as the general population, or they feel guilty for killing their fellow man. My guess would be the latter.

The one question, which you will not find an answer for in Google, is why do they feel guilty?

My guess would be undeclared wars, perhaps, because we did not see this after World War II.

Judas Iscariot may provide an answer.

You should not assume what veterans think without asking them. No, they do not feel guilty. They are proud of what they have done, and have seen the good come from the wars. The good that you will never see or hear about.

You should not assume what veterans think without asking them. No, they do not feel guilty. They are proud of what they have done, and have seen the good come from the wars. The good that you will never see or hear about.

I have no doubt that they passed out a lot of chocolate bars to the parent-less kids in the streets, but the fact that we saw so little of the carnage, as was reported during the Vietnam war, meant that the war went on for much longer than it likely would have, with adequate coverage of the number of civilian deaths. The Iraq war was white washed.

Geraldo Rivera was a perfect example of this. He was kicked out of Iraq by the U.S. military for trying to report the truth early in the war, using the excuse that he was compromising the mission. This had a chilling effect on reporters from the very start who wanted to cover what was actually going on. Compromising the mission had become an excuse of hiding the truth of what that mission was really accomplishing, which was to shift the religious factions around, and the balance of power. This has led to civil war, which is exactly what we see happening in Syria. We set the example. Will it be worth it in the long run? I don't know, but chocolate bars don't make up for the dead parents of the children, who don't even have orphanages. I doubt that generation loves U.S., and to believe that they do is a fantasy. They're not better off, and anyone watching the aftermath knows this. Nothing was accomplished there .... NOTHING.

What ancient Rome did, we have done, only we have exchanged the collection of taxes for trade and expectations of oil stability, which is the equivalent. Now we have become over extended, and our meager cash reserves are being fought over by the cats and dogs in the Congress.

What fools we have been, and what fools the veterans are for celebrating the Iraq we see today. My sincere sympathies go out to their delusion, which is pure propaganda, put out by people in Washington who now have their own civil war to contend with.

March for truth, that's all I'm asking for. Tell the story now, instead of waiting for history to reveal the lies.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

I have no doubt that they passed out a lot of chocolate bars to the parent-less kids in the streets, but the fact that we saw so little of the carnage, as was reported during the Vietnam war, meant that the war went on for much longer than it likely would have, with adequate coverage of the number of civilian deaths. The Iraq war was white washed.

Geraldo Rivera was a perfect example of this. He was kicked out of Iraq by the U.S. military for trying to report the truth early in the war, using the excuse that he was compromising the mission. This had a chilling effect on reporters from the very start who wanted to cover what was actually going on. Compromising the mission had become an excuse of hiding the truth of what that mission was really accomplishing, which was to shift the religious factions around, and the balance of power. This has led to civil war, which is exactly what we see happening in Syria. We set the example. Will it be worth it in the long run? I don't know, but chocolate bars don't make up for the dead parents of the children, who don't even have orphanages. I doubt that generation loves U.S., and to believe that they do is a fantasy. They're not better off, and anyone watching the aftermath knows this. Nothing was accomplished there .... NOTHING.

What ancient Rome did, we have done, only we have exchanged the collection of taxes for trade and expectations of oil stability, which is the equivalent. Now we have become over extended, and our meager cash reserves are being fought over by the cats and dogs in the Congress.

What fools we have been, and what fools the veterans are for celebrating the Iraq we see today. My sincere sympathies go out to their delusion, which is pure propaganda, put out by people in Washington who now have their own civil war to contend with.

March for truth, that's all I'm asking for. Tell the story now, instead of waiting for history to reveal the lies.

.Okay. the story now: We eliminated a Tyrant in Iraq. We left the MAIN Tyrants in power. Pointless excersise. The huge mistake was not taking out Iran. They stopped in Bagdad...they should have continued on to Tehran.

• Like 1

Again, you are clueless to what you are speaking about right now. All you have is the media to tell you about Iraq and Afghanistan, and no matter how many paragraphs you sit there typing away, that will not change. You did not personally see changes within a country over the years. You didn't witness the good, but yet you try to act as an expert on the subject because....of Geraldo Rivera?

• Like 1