Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Swim with a dolphin, eat its meat

Still Waters

A Japanese town that became synonymous with the mass slaughter of dolphins after it was the subject of a harrowing Oscar-winning documentary is to open a marine park that will allow visitors to swim with the animals - and then eat them.

http://www.iol.co.za...46#.UlnSwVO90dU

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo **** you japan!!

This makes me think less of the Japanese. I realize it's just a different culture but it's no different to me than the fact that some Chinese eat dogs. Just cannot comprehend doing such a thing unless true starvation was knocking on the door.

• Like 1

Do you get to pick it out of a tank and watch it being boiled alive too?

This makes me think less of the Japanese. I realize it's just a different culture but it's no different to me than the fact that some Chinese eat dogs. Just cannot comprehend doing such a thing unless true starvation was knocking on the door.

That's a little different - with dolphins the main issue is conservation.

Edited by Timonthy

And does it have a name? I'd really like to know it's name, and maybe swim with its parents or children while its being boiled.

I find despair is a very good seasoning

• Like 5

That is so incredibly gross. Although, I do wonder - if many choose to swim with them, will they then change their minds about dolphins as food? I hope it really does turn out that way, it would be so poetic.

• Like 1

What would dolphin taste like...its a mammal, so cattle like i guess?

It would probably taste good! Just like human flesh!

Is it just me - I didn't know that killer whales were dolphins!

It would probably taste good! Just like human flesh!

Is it just me - I didn't know that killer whales were dolphins!

Well human flesh tastes closest to pork, with a certain sweetness to it.

• Like 1

Well human flesh tastes closest to pork, with a certain sweetness to it.

Depends on the marinade.

• Like 1

What would dolphin taste like...its a mammal, so cattle like i guess?

I would guess it would taste closest to squid

I'm thinking, if you've eaten processed tuna, you've eaten dolphin. Apparently the Japanese just don't like the tuna part.

• Like 1

That is so incredibly gross. Although, I do wonder - if many choose to swim with them, will they then change their minds about dolphins as food? I hope it really does turn out that way, it would be so poetic.

Even more poetic if they don't feed the dolphins for a few days before the swim and they end up eating the Japanese.
  • Like 1

....I really hate humans.

I could understand if people were starving to death. But they aren't. (As far as I know.)

Can you imagine bringing your kid thinking it was an awesome new water park while on vacation in Japan?

"Alright Little Johnny, since you loved your dolphin SO much, he can be a part of you forever! Or until you have to crap, anyway."

Ugh.

• Like 1

....I really hate humans.

I could understand if people were starving to death. But they aren't. (As far as I know.)

Can you imagine bringing your kid thinking it was an awesome new water park while on vacation in Japan?

"Alright Little Johnny, since you loved your dolphin SO much, he can be a part of you forever! Or until you have to crap, anyway."

Ugh.

Yeah, the thing that gets to me is that dolphins are so intelligent you know that they are interacting with the swimmers only to be killed and eaten. Seems callous and cruel.

Yeah, the thing that gets to me is that dolphins are so intelligent you know that they are interacting with the swimmers only to be killed and eaten. Seems callous and cruel.

I wonder how long it is before the dolphins catch on and fight back... If they ever do - I'm on their side...

• Like 2

I really hate Japan.

Pardon me for saying, but wasn't the documentary made by a teacher getting into the place where they kill the dolphins, and then getting footage of it? Pretty solid proof.

(I need to know if this is true, because my brother told me that his history/science teacher was the one that did it.. I'd like to know if he was lying or not.)

I would swim with salmon and then eat them. Maybe from thier POV there is not much difference. From mine there is before you yell at me. Who could eat a dolphin?

Is the Japanese way of getting rid of the evidence? We know their waters are now contaminated with radiation, so what better way to hide it, feed it to the tourists! In five years time those dolphins will be cancer ridden!

Can`t believe the rest of the world are allowing this to happen!

Edited by freetoroam