Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Republican congressman goes ballistic on Cruz

questionmark

Appearing on MSNBC on Friday, Congressman Peter King continued his epic verbal assault on Ted Cruz — and, to a lesser extent, Rand Paul — by describing the Texas Senator as a “RINO” (Republican in name only) and a “fraud.”

Speaking with MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell, King called the ongoing government shutdown “the strategy of Ted Cruz” and wondered aloud “why more Republicans around the country didn’t join me in denouncing Ted Cruz” before the shutdown began. “We cannot allow our party to be taken over by the likes of Ted Cruz and Rand Paul,” King continued, describing Cruz and Paul as “isolationists” and “RINOs” who “don’t represent traditional Republican principles.”

“Ted Cruz, what he did here, was lead the party into a dead end with no strategy, somehow convincing a number of House Republicans that we just sent this to through Senate as far as defunding and closing down the government, he would manage to get Harry Reid and President Obama to back down,” said King. “He never had a plan. It was fraudulent from the start. And we have to cut this guy off now.”

Read more

I wish these clowns could put political gamesmanship, on behalf of their task masters, aside long enough to take care of the People's business. They appear to me as squabbling whining adolescents .

anyway.. I see Cruz's thrust into the limelight in these pep rally appearances as a test of his "like ability" as a possible Presidential runner in 2016.

• Like 1

I think it will be almost comical if the world economy goes belly up because of this silliness. And it would give the lie to the idea that some ultra rich cabal is puppeteering the processes.

Ted Cruz could be epic and respond with "You mad, bro?"

• Like 4

There's nothing wrong with political conservatism, but if this is the best messenger they have, then the Republicans are doomed.

He's a cross between a nerd and a Southern Baptist preacher. Every time I see him, I have to remind myself that I'm not watching Saturday Night Live.

• Like 2

I think it will be almost comical if the world economy goes belly up because of this silliness. And it would give the lie to the idea that some ultra rich cabal is puppeteering the processes.

I think it's a funky puppet show because it's being produced by competing puppeteers. Think gangland Chicago.. on a Global scale.

The politicians like McCain, Lindsey graham and Romney are the real Rinos.

Rand Paul has actually stood up for peoples civil liberties. If standing up for peoples rights and not wanting to intervene in every war is being a "Rino"( Republican in name only) then its no mystery why people don't want to be republicans.

So you are a tool peter king

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

I think any mass collapse of global economies would benefit those super rich puppeteers. Just like the Rothschild's back when Wellington defeated Napoleon, they started the crash by selling off their assets (indicating that Wellington had lost and Napoleon was coming) then when the market was in free-fall, they brought everything at a reduced rate and increased their wealth in England dramatically.

All this would be is another designed collapse to benefit the super rich

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 1

Seems to me there is an internal squabble over the Republican brand name. I was a republican a few decades back. The party changed from what I believed and now it is changing again. People can change with it, fight to keep it the way it was, or walk away.

Maybe the GOP is finally waking up to what a cancer the Tea Party is.

The Cancer is the OBAMA Administration! The Cancer is the Left. Ted Cruz is an honorable Texan and now....a National Hero...Tear Down That Wall!

I know what you think about the Tea Party. What do you think about the Communist Party....yeah...

There's nothing wrong with political conservatism, but if this is the best messenger they have, then the Republicans are doomed.

He's a cross between a nerd and a Southern Baptist preacher. Every time I see him, I have to remind myself that I'm not watching Saturday Night Live.

Ted Cruz took on the Establishment in Texas and won...now he is taking on the Washington Establishment...and winning...or did you not get the memo about the WWII barricades that ended up in front of the WhiteHouse?

• Like 3

The Cancer is the OBAMA Administration! The Cancer is the Left. Ted Cruz is an honorable Texan and now....a National Hero...Tear Down That Wall!

I know what you think about the Tea Party. What do you think about the Communist Party....yeah...

500pxHA_HA_HA_OH_WOW-1.jpg

• Like 2

Everyone is like " We want change, our government is corrupt screw the establishment blah blah blah".

Then some politicians show up and actually go against the establishment and decide to do something new and people are like "radicals!, crazy extremist!"

If everyone wants change then that means we actually have to do something new. But if you do something new then that inherently makes you a "radical"

Big business is funding a candidate to go against Justin Amish( a ron paul type Libertarian leaning candidate). The establishment republicans do not like the new republicans and the establishment democrats do not.

The military industrial complex doesn't like the new republicans because they actually don't want to intervene everywhere. And they want to end foreign aid to dictators.

All the established powers that be are going after these guys. Why? because they are actual wanting change unlike the false campaigned promises our presidents keep giving us.

Im no fan boy of the tea party, I think they are a little to moralist and Christian based. But I like their non interventionist , their strong stance on the constitution and some of their civil rights views.

My point is you want change. Well real change is actually here. You can accept it or call them radicals and continue making the same mistakes we have been for the past decades.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

I guess I should say thank you to our 'National Hero' Ted Cruz.

This is what Republican Rep. Peter King has to say about him:

"Because since he started this maniacal crusade of his, the fact is over the last 10 days support for Obamacare has gone up 7 percent in the country. Not because Obamacare is working, not because it's played out well at all, but because he's given such a bad image to the anti-Obamacare forces," said King. "So President Obama and the supporters of Obamacare should thank Ted Cruz, because he's their biggest ally right now."

Ted Cruz took on the Establishment in Texas and won...now he is taking on the Washington Establishment...and winning...or did you not get the memo about the WWII barricades that ended up in front of the WhiteHouse?

I've lived in Texas, and I liked the people there, but this guy makes my skin crawl. I've also loved every reality show that I've seen on Alaska, but I cannot stand Sarah Palin.

Cruz and Palin should start their own party. I would have total respect for them if they did that. I might even listen to what they've got to say if they broke away from the Republican establishment. I hope they're thinking about this, because they don't belong in the GOP.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I don't see how shutting down the government is taking on the establishment. Once it ends, they'll be back at square one. Political opposition should be about scrutiny and alternatives, not obstruction.

The United States seems to have just about the least mature group of politicians running it and the least mature electorate of any country on this planet.

• Like 1

Everyone is like " We want change, our government is corrupt screw the establishment blah blah blah".

Then some politicians show up and actually go against the establishment and decide to do something new and people are like "radicals!, crazy extremist!"

If everyone wants change then that means we actually have to do something new. But if you do something new then that inherently makes you a "radical"

Big business is funding a candidate to go against Justin Amish( a ron paul type Libertarian leaning candidate). The establishment republicans do not like the new republicans and the establishment democrats do not.

The military industrial complex doesn't like the new republicans because they actually don't want to intervene everywhere. And they want to end foreign aid to dictators.

All the established powers that be are going after these guys. Why? because they are actual wanting change unlike the false campaigned promises our presidents keep giving us.

Im no fan boy of the tea party, I think they are a little to moralist and Christian based. But I like their non interventionist , their strong stance on the constitution and some of their civil rights views.

My point is you want change. Well real change is actually here. You can accept it or call them radicals and continue making the same mistakes we have been for the past decades.

Bravo

• Like 1

Cruz was hired to represent the people who hired him. Nothing more, nothing less. Regardless of what anyone says, the global economy is going to collapse. Now just ask your self this, come that time, do you want someone in charge who will represent the will of the people. Or do you want another 0bama/McCain who will clearly represent the will of the bank? This isnt rocket science folks. Its so sad to see main stream still forming most of your opinions for you.

• Like 2

You say the world economy is going to collapse. On the basis of that I should believe you know what you are talking about?

Its happened before, with far less debt then what we see today. Hell America cant afford its interest payment on nearly 20 trillion bucks.

I think the term " National Security " will floated on many networks all day Thursday.

There better be an 11th Hour Compromise or the U.S. Military may conduct a military coup.

If they did then they would need to put someone like President Jimmy Carter in charge of the nation until things calm down.

Cruz was hired to represent the people who hired him. Nothing more, nothing less. Regardless of what anyone says, the global economy is going to collapse. Now just ask your self this, come that time, do you want someone in charge who will represent the will of the people. Or do you want another 0bama/McCain who will clearly represent the will of the bank? This isnt rocket science folks. Its so sad to see main stream still forming most of your opinions for you.

Senator Ted Cruz is 10 foot tall and bulletproof. All of the name calling was a waste of time and only made him stronger.

The main problem today is that Obama got - punked - by Putin over Syria. In order to recover Obama must DEMAND

an unconditional surrender from the House of Representatives. He will not get it.

Dana Perino made a few phone calls when she returned to Washington D.C. on Sunday.

Speaker John Boehner has a plan and it's a good one!

A perfect storm has been created.