Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Paralysis Incident Today.

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

Took a nap today. 5 PM Eastern Time.

Dream starts. Me and several friends were outside. We look over the horizon, and see 3 grey spaceships. I can't describe the shape, very abstract.

It begins to rain, but the rain is burning my friends like acid, and killing them. Me and some others run into the house.

I wake up... or at least I thought I did.

There is a grey humanoid alien in my room, I feel its presence.

I'm laying face down in my bed, but I can not move at all. It walks over, and sticks some kind of weird drill against my back.

It begins drilling into me. I can not move at all, and I feel it. It doesn't hurt, but I feel the drill sliding and grinding into my body.

I wake up into actual reality, sweating, horrified. I've been in a daze since then, and every little noises is ******** with me.

Extremely horrifying experience.

• Like 2

I had a nice dream last night. My housekeeper starts the music in our house at six am, and this morning she played Mendelssohn. I woke up skipping over the breakers in the Hebrides.

• Like 2

I had a nice dream last night. My housekeeper starts the music in our house at six am, and this morning she played Mendelssohn. I woke up skipping over the breakers in the Hebrides.

Thanks for making me spit my morning coffee everywhere.

• Like 1

Took a nap today. 5 PM Eastern Time.

Dream starts. Me and several friends were outside. We look over the horizon, and see 3 grey spaceships. I can't describe the shape, very abstract.

It begins to rain, but the rain is burning my friends like acid, and killing them. Me and some others run into the house.

I wake up... or at least I thought I did.

There is a grey humanoid alien in my room, I feel its presence.

I'm laying face down in my bed, but I can not move at all. It walks over, and sticks some kind of weird drill against my back.

It begins drilling into me. I can not move at all, and I feel it. It doesn't hurt, but I feel the drill sliding and grinding into my body.

I wake up into actual reality, sweating, horrified. I've been in a daze since then, and every little noises is ******** with me.

Extremely horrifying experience.

Sounds... sexual :blink:

• Like 1

Whoa, horrifying indeed. Its a night terror, dont worry about it being real. I had a similar experience long time ago but with zombies. It really is scary

• Like 1

Weird. Most people that get Sleep Paralysis normally only get it when sleeping on their back? Did you wake up face down or face up?

• Like 1

Weird. Most people that get Sleep Paralysis normally only get it when sleeping on their back? Did you wake up face down or face up?

I actually had two sp episodes while sleeping on my side with my hand tucked under my head so I think thats a rumor

I never had a sleep paralysis with aliens. But then again I don't believe in them.

So It makes me want to ask. Do you believe in alien?

I just had a sleep paralysis episode yesterday while sleeping almost completely face down. Actually, I have never experienced sleep paralysis while sleeping on my back, but this is probably because I sleep face down/on my side.

I never had a sleep paralysis with aliens. But then again I don't believe in them.

So It makes me want to ask. Do you believe in alien?

I do not doubt the existence of extraterrestrial life at all.

I'm always paralyzed when I wake up, whether on my back or not, and I think most people are; it's nature's way of keeping up from getting up and moving about and maybe hurting ourselves while we are asleep. Sleep walking and the like are a manifestation of the system not working as it should.

In my case I lie there a few seconds or less (actually usually just a few moments) and it goes away. If I'm only half awake in a dream, I may dream I can't move; I dunno if that's part of the paralysis or part of the dream or both. In any case it's not to worry. I suppose if my dreams got scary that not being able to move would be pretty awful, but my dreams don't seem to get scary.

Is waking up while still in a paralysed state really that common? o.O I've never experienced it.

I had never given it any thought and assumed it was fairly normal to wake up paralyzed. I guess not considering the answers of other members of my family. I guess we are all different.

The episode of sleep paralysis mentioned in the first post may describe the majority of alien abductions which may be accounted for by sleep paralysis.

• Like 1

I just have experienced SP yesterday. i wasn't dreaming nor hallucinating... but, im still afraid of repeating it again. i'm just 16years old, but it is frequent for me to have SP. i hope this would stop. it scares me alot. :no:

I just have experienced SP yesterday. i wasn't dreaming nor hallucinating... but, im still afraid of repeating it again. i'm just 16years old, but it is frequent for me to have SP. i hope this would stop. it scares me alot. :no:

You should check out the Dreams & conciousness threads. I have a post called "Beginner's guide to OBEs". If you get SP frequently, then you can learn to turn the experience into an OBE. If it all REALLY scares you and have no interest in this stuff, then you can end SP by simply changing your breathing pattern.

• Like 1

I'm always paralyzed when I wake up, whether on my back or not, and I think most people are; it's nature's way of keeping up from getting up and moving about and maybe hurting ourselves while we are asleep.

Normally this paralysis only happens in dream states and disappears in a fraction of a second when they wake up. People move all the time when they're asleep.

I've been experiencing sleep paralysis for as long as I can remember (47 yrs old now), but didn't have a name for it until recently. I was watching a Smithsonian documentary on the Amityville Horror case, and the father (Lutz) explained that he awoke, unable to move, with an invisible presence holding him down. A scientist stated that this was most likely sleep paralysis, which is frequently the source of many paranormal "visitations." A quick review of wikipedia and I knew that SP is what I have. My own experience never involved hallucinations, though my dreams prior to awakening are very vivid and often frightening. My panic was fixated on feeling like I was in a coffin, awake and frozen. Exacerbating this fear was the dread that there was a neurological problem and that one day the paralysis would not subside. Over the years I trained myself to limit these occasions by either changing my sleeping position, if I felt one coming on, or having my wife shake me during an episode. I am able to groan when this occurs, so she understands this as a cue. The next time SP occurs I plan to wait longer before shaking out of it to see if there are hallucinations associated with the event. I half-jokingly suggested my wife snap a picture to see if a succubus is sitting on my chest, but she refused - too spooky for her. Finally, it's good to know that this is a relatively harmless problem and not a precursor to a real physical ailment.

Sleep disorders are not well understood but people with them often experience more than one symptom. People who experience sleep paralysis are more likely to have other kinds of sleep disorders like hypnagogic hallucinations. Some don't.

I've had hypnagogic hallucinations for over thirty years but I've only had a single incident of sleep paralysis. Fortunately I recognized what it was immediately and was eventually able to break out of it. Sleep paralysis would have been useful for my disorder since I wouldn't have gotten out of bed and smashed so many things!

I've been experiencing sleep paralysis for as long as I can remember (47 yrs old now), but didn't have a name for it until recently. I was watching a Smithsonian documentary on the Amityville Horror case, and the father (Lutz) explained that he awoke, unable to move, with an invisible presence holding him down. A scientist stated that this was most likely sleep paralysis, which is frequently the source of many paranormal "visitations." A quick review of wikipedia and I knew that SP is what I have. My own experience never involved hallucinations, though my dreams prior to awakening are very vivid and often frightening. My panic was fixated on feeling like I was in a coffin, awake and frozen. Exacerbating this fear was the dread that there was a neurological problem and that one day the paralysis would not subside. Over the years I trained myself to limit these occasions by either changing my sleeping position, if I felt one coming on, or having my wife shake me during an episode. I am able to groan when this occurs, so she understands this as a cue. The next time SP occurs I plan to wait longer before shaking out of it to see if there are hallucinations associated with the event. I half-jokingly suggested my wife snap a picture to see if a succubus is sitting on my chest, but she refused - too spooky for her. Finally, it's good to know that this is a relatively harmless problem and not a precursor to a real physical ailment.

The easiest way to end SP episodes are by changing your breathing pattern. It's a signal that basically tells your body that you are actually awake. I'm not sure why no one else seems to know this.

There's a lot of negativity and misinformation out there about SP. Yes it's true that some scary things happen during SP, but It's much more valuable to learn how to turn SP into an out of body experience rather than learning to avoid it altogether.