Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman hasn't eaten hot food for seven years

Still Waters

Existing on a spartan diet of nuts, seeds, fruit and vegetables might not sound particularly appetising, but Susan Reynolds, 29, says it keeps her looking so young, she is regularly mistaken for a 16-year-old.

Susan, who hails from Edinburgh, last ate cooked food seven years ago and now consumes nothing but uncooked fruit, vegetables, grains, seeds, nuts, and beans.

http://www.dailymail...n-teenager.html

The cheesy posing for the photos destroyed any credibility.

She looks almost deranged in every image too.

• Like 3

Spinach, herbs and lettuce and she calls that interesting?

Stay off the nuts luv, they seem to have gotten to you.

Mistaken for a 16 year old teenager? someone give me a roast!

• Like 1

What a nightmare she would be to live with. Imagine trying to go out to dinner with friends?

• Like 2

She may not live 100 years but it will sure seem like it with a grazing diet like that .. sheesh.. to each his own.

• Like 2

I know people who look equally good and eat cooked food. Oh, they eat only healthy fruits/vegetables, lean protein, whole natural grains/seeds... but some of it is indeed cooked.

• Like 2

I was under the impression that many beans are very hard to digest if they are not cooked or at least fermented first.

Same with nuts too. A little roasting or steaming makes them more easily digestible and hence the nutrients easier to extract.

Oh well..whatever.

In this pic:

article-0-18B60A7300000578-368_634x477.jpg

Megan Nighbor

Megan Nighbor

she looks like one of those unfortunate children that have that aging disease. I'm NOT trying to be disrespectful or make fun of the disease, I'm merely point out the similarity of appearance.

I do see benefit in eating lots of raw veggies and such but, it's not going to make her live forever. In fact, all those "oldest person alive" reports are of people reporting they eat whatever they want but in moderation. They even drink quite a bit of liquor.

Seems like the key is eat a balanced diet in moderation and the rest is in the genes. Ya die when it's time to die.

Also, I feel like poking her in the eye when I see this pic.

article-2457571-18B612D900000578-849_634x591.jpg

I find this pose annoying for some reason.

• Like 2

She looks AMAZING for her age!

She is obviously eating the food that we are naturally born to eat.

Sadly, I would rather look old, die young, and eat pizza.

• Like 3

.....those are the eyes of a serial killer.

i know, i dont wanna explain how i know....but they are

Banned for not telling us why she looks like a ....errrr wait a sec, wrong thread.

On Topic - I think she looks great and I've always wanted to adopt such a diet, sadly I haven't the will power that she seems to have. Trish Stratus is also another famous yogi who looks great for her age.

If she was closer to 40 or 50 I'd be impressed, but she's barely pushing 30. At that age staying out of the sun could get you the same results.

• Like 4

I used to look young and fresh right up until 27. I had that lovely pale flawless English skin, long hair and a happy carefree face. Then I got pregnant. Everything changed after that. Now it's wrinkles, stressed skin and grey hairs and a very changed body. No amount of nuts or seeds would have helped. Let's see how she is in 10 years and I might be more impressed.

a nose piercing on each side?

Eat a steak and get some respect for yourself girl.

Yes I agree. Just to be even more snippy I'd have to add that the condition of her hair is not great. Obviously her diet is lacking in something! Oh, that's right... :unsure2:

• Like 1

She looks good but nothing special for a 30 year old woman. And actually she does have wrinkles under her eyes. Small women would get mistaken for younger until you look up close. I bet she would look the same whether she ate raw food or not. A difference would be if she smoked and drank a lot. Smoking ages people a lot.

If she's going to push the raw food as a healthy way to live I'd be more convinced by her telling me it cured some disease she had and backing it up. Who cares so much about looks, that's mostly genetics.

• Like 1

Also, if it gave her superpowers.

I'd consider eating everything raw if I could set fires with my brain.

• Like 2

Also, if it gave her superpowers.

With her diet she probably does have superpowers - just like The Spleen from Mystery Men.

Go on, pull my finger... :unsure2:

I can't believe the comments in this thread. But, of course, I shouldn't be surprised: people are either suspect, jealous or afraid of things they don't approve of, and this forum is full of people who don't respect other's opinions, especially when it comes to food. "Eat a steak and get some respect for yourself"? Are you kidding? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'd be interested to know what she does for a living, though. That kind of diet can be pretty expensive. A whole bag of lettuce in one go? Yikes.

• Like 3