Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cornell Study:All 50 States More Conservative

CyberKen

Cornell political scientist Peter Enns says conservatives are beginning to break through across the country.

I see a lot of RED on that map of the USA.

Americans are sick of the Full Fledged Embrace of the Welfare State.

Well, there goes the November 2014 Election ! It looks like Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will take over in the U.S. Senate.

The map can be seen at the link:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/14/study-conservative-Americans

post-142056-0-77830400-1381851600_thumb.

That's really nothing new. Compared to other nations, the United States always polls as a Center-Right/Right-Leaning nation.

The new Esquire poll that just came out is kind of interesting and dove tails nicely with this study and points more to the rise of a centrist party that leans conservative on things like fiscal policy, immigration, and welfare reform, but trends more liberal on social issues.

Here's the article: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/new-american-center-1113?src=soc_fcbks

I don't know about you, but to me that sounds a lot like a libertarian.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

Libertarian woooooooo :tsu:

There was actually one study taken on the GOP that's says now 25% identify themselves as libertarian or libertarian leaning. 45% percent viewed the term favorably and 37% just hasn't heard enough about it to make a opinion. These are all huge increases

So hopefully raftman is right and we are going more libertarian then we are conservative.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

There was actually one study taken on the GOP that's says now 25% identify themselves as libertarian or libertarian leaning. 45% percent viewed the term favorably and 37% just hasn't heard enough about it to make a opinion. These are all huge increases

So hopefully raftman is right and we are going more libertarian then we are conservative.

That map looks really - RED - to me !

The justification makes sense. The American people are sick of the full fledged embrace of the welfare state.

I predict Nancy Pelosi will just resign if the November 2014 Election is a disaster for the dems. :yes:

How awesome is that! :tu:

While im on the topic of libertarians I just want to point out that Libertarian attract a lot of formally left wing people too(specially since Obama has become president). The media trys to make libertarian look like extreme right wing but its really not. Its not right or left. Democrats become libertarians too!! lol

Okay done with my public service announcement.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

While im on the topic of libertarians I just want to point out that Libertarian attract a lot of formally left wing people too(specially since Obama has become president). The media trys to make libertarian look like extreme right wing but its really not. Its not right or left. Democrats become libertarians too!! lol

Is Glenn Beck a libertarian?

I think Bill O'Reilly is a libertarian. Now i see why his ratings are crushing MSNBC into the ground.

Like the late great Pat Paulson said during one of his comic runs for the Presidency... "I'm not left wing or right wing... I'm middle of the bird"....

Like the late great Pat Paulson said during one of his comic runs for the Presidency... "I'm not left wing or right wing... I'm middle of the bird"....

It looks a like a conservative will win the next Presidential Election in 2016.

President Ted Cruz ?

He will need a great VP.

Is Glenn Beck a libertarian?

I think Bill O'Reilly is a libertarian. Now i see why his ratings are crushing MSNBC into the ground.

ehhh he claims to be. Just like biIl Maher also says he's a libertarian.

Glen beck recently turned libertarian by changing some of his views like now he has support for legal marijuana, gay marriage, and is a non interventionist. He is now against the Patriot Act and he has other libertarian views.

But he used to be a hardcore republican. And I mean HARDCORE

So idk if his new libertarian ways are legit or if he is just a opportunist keeping up with the modern trends.

Edited by spartan max2

ehhh he claims to be. Just like biIl Maher also says he's a libertarian.

Glen beck recently turned libertarian by changing some of his views like now he has support for legal marijuana, gay marriage, and is a non interventionist. He is now against the Patriot Act and he has other libertarian views.

But he used to be a hardcore republican.

So idk if his new libertarian ways are legit or if he is just a opportunist keeping up with the modern trends.

Well, according to the Cornell Study : It's Over.

The number of conservatives is growing in All 50 States !

I think they will draft President Ted Cruz. His VP will probably be Sarah Palin.

Does that mean Libertarian is center-top? Or would they be center-bottom?

Libertarian = Jon Stossel

Jon oddly disagrees with Bill O'Reilly often.

Jon is right on target with the public school system. :tu:

I think they will draft President Ted Cruz. His VP will probably be Sarah Palin.

I'd rather see Bigfoot as president. Mothman can be his VP.

• Like 2

I Look at it like this.

Libertarian-Nolan-Chart.png

Were-Libertarians-fit-77429849200.jpeg

And since it has gotten more mainstream a lot of people are now claiming to either be Left leaning libertarian or right leaning libertarian. Which some libertarians get mad about but im fine with it. As long as more people adopt libertarian views im happy, I don't expect everyone instantly adopt all libertarian views over night.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

I Look at it like this.

Libertarian-Nolan-Chart.png

Were-Libertarians-fit-77429849200.jpeg

And since it has gotten more mainstream a lot of people are now claiming to either be Left leaning libertarian or right leaning libertarian. Which some libertarians get mad about but im fine with it. As long as more people adopt libertarian views im happy, I don't expect everyone instantly adopt all libertarian views over night.

The next conservative President of the United States will be 100% " FOR" the 2nd Amendment. :tu:

Jon Stossel and Bill O'Reilly fit into your top box.

With the numbers growing in ALL 50 STATES, it's a done deal. The Left Wing Loons are already on their way back to the bushes.

President Ted Cruz : November 2016

I'd rather see Bigfoot as president. Mothman can be his VP.

I'd take them over the current adminstration any day

• Like 5

I'd take them over the current adminstration any day

We may see President Joe Biden move into the White House. Joe will need a good VP.

Obama may be guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors.

CyberKen I think you need to stop holding this study up as the second coming and actually look at the information that it's being presented. This is not a snapshoot of the US right this second, but rather from a period from 1964 to 2010. Note the last date there, 2010. So all the states are more conservative and yet Obama still managed to win the 2012 election. This study in no way means that the GOP is going to win every election every as you are trying to claim in every thread. Plus just because people's views have shifted over a peroid of 46 years doesn't mean they're all going to vote for the GOP. A lot seem to be opting to just stay home.

CyberKen I think you need to stop holding this study up as the second coming and actually look at the information that it's being presented. This is not a snapshoot of the US right this second, but rather from a period from 1964 to 2010. Note the last date there, 2010. So all the states are more conservative and yet Obama still managed to win the 2012 election. This study in no way means that the GOP is going to win every election every as you are trying to claim in every thread. Plus just because people's views have shifted over a peroid of 46 years doesn't mean they're all going to vote for the GOP. A lot seem to be opting to just stay home.

I was surprised that conservatives are increasing in number in ALL 50 STATES. What? Vermont? Massachusetts?

The reason is that the public usually moves in the opposite direction of policy.

Now it all makes sense.

Cornell political scientist Peter Enns says conservatives are beginning to break through across the country.

I see a lot of RED on that map of the USA.

Americans are sick of the Full Fledged Embrace of the Welfare State.

Well, there goes the November 2014 Election ! It looks like Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will take over in the U.S. Senate.

The map can be seen at the link:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/14/study-conservative-Americans

post-142056-0-77830400-1381851600_thumb.

Uh oh

elephantcharge.jpg

• Like 3

I was surprised that conservatives are were increasing in number

there. I fixed that for you.

For another big reveal, compare the rising "conservatism" chart to the debt chart over the same years.

Conservatives: Small government is not global military, it's not $100 trillion (to infinity, and beyond) federal prescription drug programs, and it's not going into people's bedrooms and telling them what kind of marriage to have. That government is huge, insolvent, and invasive government.

• Like 4

Yeah I wouldn't say it is the hard edge conservatism that CyberKen wishes it was. I would say its a more moderate view that is emerging in America. Fiscal conservatism and liberal social views are on the rise, thankfully. It just means people are starting to wake up and reject the Democrat and Republican institutions, finally. Oh, Ted Cruz for president in 2016? good luck getting that exploitaive, obstructionist clown re-elected as senator. Who am I kidding, the tea party stupidity knows has no apex.

Edited by EnderOTD
  • Like 1