Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markdohle

Self Knowledge

6 posts in this topic

Self knowledge

I have found that the more I struggle with myself, the less I need to fight with others, perhaps it is because there is no energy left to do so, but I have found this to be true. Self-knowledge, even a little, can bring about an acceptance of others that was missing before personal experience of one own weaknesses, compulsions and sins were dealt with.

How do others experience this? Do you find more inner peace when you are in touch with your own inner problems? do you find more peace in relationships?

1 person likes this

I find that relationships can only work if you have a level of self-knowledge. If you aren't comfortable with yourself, how can any one else be comfortable with you? If you do not have the self-knowledge to love yourself, how can anyone have the option to love you? You can be in peace while alone - but a relationship, specifically a romantic one, as trying as it can be at times, can offer a certain variety of peace that cannot be found anywhere else.

1 person likes this

I often times forget about the world and the people in it when Im dealing with my own personal problems, but as far as self - knowledge im very comfortable with myself and I have pretty high self esteem.

I try not to struggle with myself, just recognize what I'm feeling or thinking and have that be OK, as long as I don't act out negatively. I've had a lifetime of people criticizing & judging me, I promised myself some time ago that I wasn't going to do it to myself. Instead I try to bring love & compassion to myself. When I do that the self-struggle disappears and the answers appear. Maybe the answers can't be heard underneath all the drama I sometimes create for myself.

1 person likes this

I find that I don't struggle with myself as much if I try to not be too hard or too easy on myself. For me, their has to be balance.

I've found that getting down on myself is non-productive, it just makes me feel worse. Loving & forgiving myself is much harder, but more worthwhile. What is it about human nature that causes us to beat ourselves up so often? Is it something we learned as kids?