Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Goats filmed walking on near vertical dam

Still Waters

Footage from the dam in the Gran Paradiso National Park in Northern Italy shows the Alpine ibexes about half way down the rocky wall.

The goats appear to easily walk along the bricks of the wall despite the fact that it is a near vertical face.

http://www.telegraph...rtical-dam.html

• Like 2

What you can't see is that they have special suction cups in lieu of hooves that allow them to "stick" to natural surfaces. ;)

• Like 3

I wish I had spiderman powers as well

• Like 3

Amazing, and I know people who can barely stand up on level ground.

• Like 6

If the cheapskates would put out a few salt/mineral blocks the goats wouldn't need to risk their lives in such precarious positions.

• Like 1

I am struck as to how seemingly fearless such animals are.

• Like 1

Wow, I couldn't imagine seeing that.

• Like 1

If the cheapskates would put out a few salt/mineral blocks the goats wouldn't need to risk their lives in such precarious positions.

Climbing is what goats do... they live in the mountains and climb it's their nature. They would do it regardless.

I am struck as to how seemingly fearless such animals are.

It probably helps they have no real conception of what happens when an accelerating object meets and immovable solid surface, or of death for that matter.

• Like 2

It probably helps they have no real conception of what happens when an accelerating object meets and immovable solid surface, or of death for that matter.

True enough. I've seen this type of behavior in extremely dangerous "free rock climbing" with some humans.

• Like 3

I can hardly stand to watch them. We saw them on rock cliff faces in parts of the Appalachians too ! Unbelievable the way they can do that.

• Like 1

It seems almost impossible what these goats can do yet they seem to be doing it and quite easily too.

I just hope none of them fall.

I can hardly stand to watch them. We saw them on rock cliff faces in parts of the Appalachians too ! Unbelievable the way they can do that.

They truly are amazing climbers. We have little goats in Hawaii that climb our sheer hills and mountain faces and those have loose rock and gravel yet they never fall.

• Like 2

I've seen a longer version of this video that shows more of their movement up the dam. It's quite incredible! A friend of mine has five small goats, they're probably pygmy goats... even those things are super climbers. She regularly finds them on the roof of the barn and to this day, she can't figure out how they get up there. LOL. She's dying to catch them in the act. LOL. She usually sends her husband up there to get them with their homemade "goat sling" it's like a tarp on a rope he puts them into then lowers them back to the ground. I'm guessing they can probably get down on their own, but she's never let them try. LOL. Or she's hoping her husband will plummet to his death... I haven't decided which it is. LOL

• Like 2

:D Goats are awesome!
  • Like 1

They are probably wondering what happened to their food source:

"its got to be among all this concrete somewhere?"

• Like 3

I bet they would say this if they would talk: "Hahaha, scre* gravity!"

(I didn't want to get in trouble with the people in charge here, so I censored it.)

• Like 1

Goats have "cloven hooves", right?

How they can do this is beyond me. It's like Madonna scaling Hoover Dam with split high-heel shoes.

• Like 4

Spider goat, spider goat, does whatever a spider goat can *best sung in the voice of Homer Simpson*.

• Like 5