Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Plans To Breed Beagles For Science Testin

Commander CMG

A US-backed firm wants to breed up to 2,000 dogs a year in Grimston near Hull and sell them for use in tests in UK laboratories.

Controversial plans to breed beagles in East Yorkshire for use in animal experiments have been resubmitted two years after they were thrown out by the government.

A US-backed firm wants to breed up to 2,000 dogs a year in the village of Grimston, near Hull, and sell them for use in tests in UK laboratories.

A previous proposal to breed beagles on the site was rejected by Communities secretary Eric Pickles in January 2012.

His department called the plans in after campaigns were launched by anti-vivisection group and planning permission was refused by East Riding Council.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 2

Have the US run oit of prisoners or are they all on parole working for Obama?

Time for the animal rights to get theirselves ready for a fight on this one.

• Like 1

Huh. Never heard of such a thing. Now mice I'm OK with, but why test on beagles?

They are cute, adorable, loving, and brings happiness out of a small child. Shame on those weirdo's.

• Like 2

Huh. Never heard of such a thing. Now mice I'm OK with, but why test on beagles?

They are cute, adorable, loving, and brings happiness out of a small child. Shame on those weirdo's.

But its ok for them to do it in our western civilised countries, because its all for the good of science and research.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I made a joke about the breed choice earlier, but.

If dogs are the best choice for this type of research, I don't actually have a problem with this.

It's not like they're kicking in a kid's door on Christmas day and stealing their puppy.

At first I thought this was some sick joke. What a world...

I hope they don't get permission to do this. Poor dogs, what a life!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice find and a great update. :tu: Great result in all. :tsu: :tsu:

• Like 1