Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCFan

Dracula (TV Series 2013 - )

6 posts in this topic

• Series introduces Dracula as he arrives in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who maintains that he wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. In reality, he hopes to wreak revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries earlier. There's only one circumstance that can potentially thwart his plan: Dracula falls hopelessly in love with a woman who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
    - Written by NBC

• Stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the Count.

• The plot is simply a rehash of the Stoker story only set in modern contemporary times. IDK, the jury's out for me but I am going to get the show a chance and set it on my DVR.

Vampires are sooo 2011..... boring.

Well, the original source material is pretty, ahem, immortal, but this rehash is boring. Poor Meyers: desperate to not become typecast since the Tudors? As far as being an adaptation though, there are so many things wrong with what I've seen so far, beyond the more modern era thing (which doesn't bug me too much). The up-coming episode looks terrible. You can't go in the sun? Poor guy. Might as well throw on some glitter and go for it.

Edited by Funky Poacher

Maybe they can do Mummies (for a decade) next time?

• Stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the Count.

He's a fascinating vampire in Velvet Goldmine.............................................................