Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Opinions On These Two Reports Please.

Hi guys,...

I just wanted to ask for your considered opinion on a couple of interesting 'Black Triangular UFO Reports' ...which I am personally of the opinion that.... they are Good!...but Fakes!

On January 15th, 1993 a Texas State Trooper, two truckers and another female bystander witnessed up close and personal a massive black triangle near a highway. The level of detail given in this report by a trained observer is nothing short of excellent...Location: Canadian, TX - Source: NUFORC database.."It was triangular in shape, massive in size and eerily quiet."

black-ufo.jpg

Firstly, I would inform you that I first came across this report about a year or so ago...and I remember posting it on here as a good story that just might be true?...But after a bit of thought and quite a bit of internet searching...I'm now of the opinion that it is just a good little story...and no more!

The main reason that I now doubt the sincerity of this report is that there seems to be no follow-up story!...

What I mean to say is that this 'event' is said to have taken place 'twenty years ago' , and fair enough, I could well swallow the excuse of [The fear of the ridicule that a state trooper might suffer] for there being no publicity for the first 12 years of this encounter...if he had actually been alone with no means of corroboration! ..But the 'Trooper' clearly makes a big deal of there being a further
'three independent witnesses'
that are prominently eligible for the purposes of verifying his statements!... [ Four independent close-up witness testimonies would be easy to discard.. to
debunkers
only!]...How are we supposed to believe that all four 'Independent Witnesses' would be of the same disposition with regards wanting to blab about something as massive as this??..Well you know what I mean...this must surely have been the biggest, most exciting day of their lives...and they all decided to keep schtum!!?..pretty unlikely imo!

Secondly....it has been a further eight long years since this 'sighting?' was submitted to NUFORC...and try as I might, I cannot find
any follow up whatsoever
on this remarkable story. [please surprise me and post something i've missed guys!]

What do you think guys....is it just a good little story?...
.....or am I being too sceptical to call this one a fake?

And then there's this very detailed and well written report that I stumbled across that even though I find an 'interesting tale'...I was suspicious of from the start!....

Camarillo_black_triangle_the_object_report_smaller.jpg

The thing with this report [and it's subsequent eager-correspondence] , that stands out to me personally, ..is that it is just '
too good
'!...too detailed and measured!...and the whole vibe coming from the "witness"in the article, is that "
you could ask any question you like...i'll have a good answer for you!
"...and not really from someone that has just had an encounter with one of these legendary 'mysterious looking and performing Black Triangles'!

...in fact, it is precisely the kind of article that I would expect to be reading if someone from this forum had decided to have a little fun by seeing if they could pull off a good hoax-story!...perhaps a 'light hearted insouciant sceptic' that was curious as to how hard [or easy] it was to start a ufological myth?...[cough..cough!..Slave2Fate, i'm keeping an eye on you!!
ihih.gif
.lol.]

Another thing that makes me file this report in the very bottom drawer of my possibility-cabinet is that the guy claims to be astounded by the craft's 'unusualness' ...inasmuch as it could well have been just about 'Anything'!..but then goes on to strongly hint' that his belief was that the object was a man-made secret military-craft, whilst all the time describing something that imo.. was more likely to have been far too big and advanced to have been terrestrially-manufactured!

...In his ..always 'reasonable-sort-of-chap-manner', he even goes so far as to suggest the location of the secret craft's hangar ...Palmdale AFB!

...And well!...the guys at 'Unknown Country' Object Report reporters..'Agent's K and D' seem to be convinced that this guy 'Willard' is on the level!...but i'm afraid that
i'm not!
....what about you guys...is Willard telling the truth about having a close up sighting of one of these huge black triangular UFO's?...or not?

...And also... are there any reports/testimonies that spring to mind that either strike you as being '
just too good
' or that you initially thought was likely a 'pukka-report', but with the benefit of hindsight
'your opinion changes'
that you would like to share with us?..

...as always...the opinions expressed on this post are only someone's opinions..mine!...and could well be wrong!...i'd love it if they were proven so!

Cheers.

"The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively not by the false

appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly

by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by

prejudice." - Schopenhauer

GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO

• Like 2

Hi guys,...

I just wanted to ask for your considered opinion on a couple of interesting 'Black Triangular UFO Reports' ...which I am personally of the opinion that.... they are Good!...but Fakes!

On January 15th, 1993 a Texas State Trooper, two truckers and another female bystander witnessed up close and personal a massive black triangle near a highway. The level of detail given in this report by a trained observer is nothing short of excellent...Location: Canadian, TX - Source: NUFORC database.."It was triangular in shape, massive in size and eerily quiet."

black-ufo.jpg

Firstly, I would inform you that I first came across this report about a year or so ago...and I remember posting it on here as a good story that just might be true?...But after a bit of thought and quite a bit of internet searching...I'm now of the opinion that it is just a good little story...and no more!

The main reason that I now doubt the sincerity of this report is that there seems to be no follow-up story!...

What I mean to say is that this 'event' is said to have taken place 'twenty years ago' , and fair enough, I could well swallow the excuse of [The fear of the ridicule that a state trooper might suffer] for there being no publicity for the first 12 years of this encounter...if he had actually been alone with no means of corroboration! ..But the 'Trooper' clearly makes a big deal of there being a further
'three independent witnesses'
that are prominently eligible for the purposes of verifying his statements!... [ Four independent close-up witness testimonies would be easy to discard.. to
debunkers
only!]...How are we supposed to believe that all four 'Independent Witnesses' would be of the same disposition with regards wanting to blab about something as massive as this??..Well you know what I mean...this must surely have been the biggest, most exciting day of their lives...and they all decided to keep schtum!!?..pretty unlikely imo!

Secondly....it has been a further eight long years since this 'sighting?' was submitted to NUFORC...and try as I might, I cannot find
any follow up whatsoever
on this remarkable story. [please surprise me and post something i've missed guys!]

What do you think guys....is it just a good little story?...
.....or am I being too sceptical to call this one a fake?

And then there's this very detailed and well written report that I stumbled across that even though I find an 'interesting tale'...I was suspicious of from the start!....

Camarillo_black_triangle_the_object_report_smaller.jpg

The thing with this report [and it's subsequent eager-correspondence] , that stands out to me personally, ..is that it is just '
too good
'!...too detailed and measured!...and the whole vibe coming from the "witness"in the article, is that "
you could ask any question you like...i'll have a good answer for you!
"...and not really from someone that has just had an encounter with one of these legendary 'mysterious looking and performing Black Triangles'!

...in fact, it is precisely the kind of article that I would expect to be reading if someone from this forum had decided to have a little fun by seeing if they could pull off a good hoax-story!...perhaps a 'light hearted insouciant sceptic' that was curious as to how hard [or easy] it was to start a ufological myth?...[cough..cough!..Slave2Fate, i'm keeping an eye on you!!
ihih.gif
.lol.]

Another thing that makes me file this report in the very bottom drawer of my possibility-cabinet is that the guy claims to be astounded by the craft's 'unusualness' ...inasmuch as it could well have been just about 'Anything'!..but then goes on to strongly hint' that his belief was that the object was a man-made secret military-craft, whilst all the time describing something that imo.. was more likely to have been far too big and advanced to have been terrestrially-manufactured!

...In his ..always 'reasonable-sort-of-chap-manner', he even goes so far as to suggest the location of the secret craft's hangar ...Palmdale AFB!

...And well!...the guys at 'Unknown Country' Object Report reporters..'Agent's K and D' seem to be convinced that this guy 'Willard' is on the level!...but i'm afraid that
i'm not!
....what about you guys...is Willard telling the truth about having a close up sighting of one of these huge black triangular UFO's?...or not?

...And also... are there any reports/testimonies that spring to mind that either strike you as being '
just too good
' or that you initially thought was likely a 'pukka-report', but with the benefit of hindsight
'your opinion changes'
that you would like to share with us?..

...as always...the opinions expressed on this post are only someone's opinions..mine!...and could well be wrong!...i'd love it if they were proven so!

Cheers.

"The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively not by the false

appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly

by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by

prejudice." - Schopenhauer

GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO

They sweep the Good ones under the Table 1963 ! THe One In Stephenville Tx, was very similar,and even some wittnesse`s thought It too was a triangle ! :tu:

Some thought said it was retcangular !

They sweep the Good ones under the Table 1963 ! THe One In Stephenville Tx, was very similar,and even some wittnesse`s thought It too was a triangle ! :tu:

Some thought said it was retcangular !

Yep...that was a good sighting D! ....wasn't ET trying to get at 'good-ole George W' there? :yes:

http://wonkette.com/401180/giant-ufo-attacks-george-w-bushs-texas-ranch

Cheers buddy.

How come I never see one of those in my parking lot ? Also it is a lot difficult to tell from those pics if those are photographs or artist concepts. But in the spirit of the discussion, I too would like to know what that is. It is not everyday that somebody spots one of those big black triangle shaped space crafts. I wonder who they are. Does anybody else agree with me that we should try to establish an exterrestrial welcome center ?

Edited by spacelizard667
  • Like 1

How come I never see one of those in my parking lot ? Also it is a lot difficult to tell from those pics if those are photographs or artist concepts. But in the spirit of the discussion, I too would like to know what that is. It is not everyday that somebody spots one of those big black triangle shaped space crafts. I wonder who they are. Does anybody else agree with me that we should try to establish an exterrestrial welcome center ?

Lol...no they're not photographs spacelizard, they're just stock pictures from google that were added for effect!

And no my friend...I have never witnessed one of these things either! [in my parking lot, or anywhere]...and I also would like to know just what they are,..and more importantly, what are the motivations for being here?

...and as for a "extraterrestrial welcoming centre"...well some people think that we've already got such things in places like Dulce... Area 51 etc!...but I don't, and think that your proposal is a refreshingly light-hearted way of approaching "Initial Contact"! ...Would you agree to be the official greeter?? :P

Cheers buddy.

They were but once there they found not enough grey matter to bother with an abduction and only took a few Cows for dinner !

Now to get another Less advanced race to Pick up Bush jr.

:tu:

• Like 1

this is what they saw; you can say that all the "triangular ufo's" in 90's can be attributed to the classified B-2 stealth bomber.

The perfect triangular shape and the lights in the corners could be just misinterpretation of back side which usually is unseen from different angles or perhaps could be the next model

010323-f-0966e-003.jpg

very often the b-2 bomber can also be seen as flying saucer from a linear sight.

B2-bomber-initial-rollout-ceremony-1988.jpeg

Edited by qxcontinuum

this is what they saw; you can say that all the "triangular ufo's" in 90's can be attributed to the classified B-2 stealth bomber.

The perfect triangular shape and the lights in the corners could be just misinterpretation of back side which usually is unseen from different angles or perhaps could be the next model

very often the b-2 bomber can also be seen as flying saucer from a linear sight.

I'm really not convinced people fell for that. Triangular UFO's are not stealth aircraft. The noise, the wings, etc. It's the way the triangular UFO's move that raises eye brows as well as the shear size of them; hovering and darting off at incredible speeds. A good example being the 1989/1990 Belgium wave.

Stealth aircraft are just cumbersome tin cans by comparison.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

until now my information prove all triangle ufo are formation of alien's thing: spheres and matters, there are no one is alien high tech craft, but you may say they are the bio- ships.

Edited by Star Man

I don't know if it was ever built but there was once a classified project for a stealth airship. It was suppose to be sharply angular and faceted to reduce the RADAR cross section. One of its supposed features was a large video screen on the underside that could display an image of the sky above the ship to mask its presence at night. There was rash of similar sightings a few years back. Most notably in Arizona and southern Illinois.

One of the proposed uses was as a theater weapon capable of floating high above a battle field to deploy munitions controlled by systems in the air or on the ground. The largest ones were to be hundreds of feet across. If any were actually built, these sightings could be related.

Edited by sinewave

Can you confirm your post on wikipedia?

Hi everybody, I am [the] space lizard, I am studying earthlings and their cultures, whatever I can learn about Earth people and their long forgotten past and their yet future will no doubt become known also to others in this solar system and beyond it. You can help me out here, by commenting on any articles that I may write to grab your attention and to test your psychological ability to adapt to my own questioning mind and superior intellect. During my investigation you might experience some slight feelings of annoyance and niggling irritation, a leftover remnant from your evolution from the apes. Take a deep breath and take a high step up into the light for a moment, and realize that now you have the chance to rise above the chaos of your ignorance.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Spacelizard667

...perhaps a 'light hearted insouciant sceptic' that was curious as to how hard [or easy] it was to start a ufological myth?...[cough..cough!..Slave2Fate, i'm keeping an eye on you!! ihih.gif .lol.].

Hey '63, good to see ya, and sorry for the belated response. I've been a bit busy lately and have only had time for a few blurbs here and there.

While it might be interesting to see what the outcome would be with an intentionally fictional report I think all it would do would be to confirm some well reasoned and firm suspicions anyway. I can see the appeal for a few laughs among those who are 'in the know' however I like to think I have a bit more respect for the phenomena and all that jazz. :tu:

I find myself agreeing with your assessment of the Texas patrolman's account with one exception. He sounds awful sincere and I'm not seeing a lot of supposition and speculation put forth by the witness. It's kind of a 'just the facts ma'am' type of report one would expect from a law enforcement officer. It may sound odd that I would argue in favor of the sincerity of the witness given my overall skeptical stance (don't be too hasty to lump me in with zoser yet! :P ) however I'm not skeptical at all of UFO's, just the alien visitation stories associated with them. As far as the lack of a good follow up to the case, maybe there hasn't been a decent follow up investigation done. Couple that with the age of the initial sighting and the gap between the incident and the report and even the most seasoned UFO researcher might give this story a pass for some of the 'low hanging fruit' that seems to garner the most attention nowadays. As a tentative stance on this case I'd say that it is entirely possible that the witness(es) saw something. But then again, it might just be a well told tale. I would like to dedicate some time to looking for any more information about this case (I do find it interesting at the very least) however with my current schedule I can't promise anything. :tu:

As far as the second case you presented I'll have to look into it another time perhaps.

Always good to hear from you '63 and I've always been a fan of UFOlogy policing itself (No, I'm not suggesting you become a debunker, I know better than that :P ). We may be on opposite sides of the fence but with any luck and some cooperation between both camps maybe we can do away with the fence altogether someday. :tu:

• Like 2

Hey '63, good to see ya, and sorry for the belated response. I've been a bit busy lately and have only had time for a few blurbs here and there.

While it might be interesting to see what the outcome would be with an intentionally fictional report I think all it would do would be to confirm some well reasoned and firm suspicions anyway. I can see the appeal for a few laughs among those who are 'in the know' however I like to think I have a bit more respect for the phenomena and all that jazz. :tu:

I find myself agreeing with your assessment of the Texas patrolman's account with one exception. He sounds awful sincere and I'm not seeing a lot of supposition and speculation put forth by the witness. It's kind of a 'just the facts ma'am' type of report one would expect from a law enforcement officer. It may sound odd that I would argue in favor of the sincerity of the witness given my overall skeptical stance (don't be too hasty to lump me in with zoser yet! :P ) however I'm not skeptical at all of UFO's, just the alien visitation stories associated with them. As far as the lack of a good follow up to the case, maybe there hasn't been a decent follow up investigation done. Couple that with the age of the initial sighting and the gap between the incident and the report and even the most seasoned UFO researcher might give this story a pass for some of the 'low hanging fruit' that seems to garner the most attention nowadays. As a tentative stance on this case I'd say that it is entirely possible that the witness(es) saw something. But then again, it might just be a well told tale. I would like to dedicate some time to looking for any more information about this case (I do find it interesting at the very least) however with my current schedule I can't promise anything. :tu:

As far as the second case you presented I'll have to look into it another time perhaps.

Always good to hear from you '63 and I've always been a fan of UFOlogy policing itself (No, I'm not suggesting you become a debunker, I know better than that :P ). We may be on opposite sides of the fence but with any luck and some cooperation between both camps maybe we can do away with the fence altogether someday. :tu:

nice post again S2F, I agree you always come across as having more respect for the subjectand tend not to get involved in the ridicule that can sometimes occur.

also good to see you discussing testimony :)

I too will have a little look into this case and see what we can drag up.

• Like 1

010323-f-0966e-003.jpg

B2-bomber-initial-rollout-ceremony-1988.jpeg

Flying overhead at altitude, perhaps. But can it hover? And moreover, could it do so silently? Even if it did have this secret feature that's never been revealed publicly, why would they do so anywhere the Public could see it? If they wanted to test the secret antigrav technology, wouldn't they do so somewhere well away from public eyes?

• Like 1

nice post again S2F, I agree you always come across as having more respect for the subjectand tend not to get involved in the ridicule that can sometimes occur.

also good to see you discussing testimony :)

I too will have a little look into this case and see what we can drag up.

I've had occasion to dabble in the Dark SideTM though, I can't claim to be anywhere near a saint in that regard. I try not to let my opinions get heated though that can be very difficult at times. :whistle::tu:

• Like 1

I'm really not convinced people fell for that. Triangular UFO's are not stealth aircraft. The noise, the wings, etc. It's the way the triangular UFO's move that raises eye brows as well as the shear size of them; hovering and darting off at incredible speeds. A good example being the 1989/1990 Belgium wave.

Stealth aircraft are just cumbersome tin cans by comparison.

they're actually pretty awful aerodynamically, the F-117 needed computer input just to keep it in the air. Even though the B-2 may have been improved, you'd be really foolish to try anything too clever in it.

And they're not exactly silent either...

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh

Flying overhead at altitude, perhaps. But can it hover? And moreover, could it do so silently? Even if it did have this secret feature that's never been revealed publicly, why would they do so anywhere the Public could see it? If they wanted to test the secret antigrav technology, wouldn't they do so somewhere well away from public eyes?

Yeah, I'm not sure that the B-2 is the best explanation for the Texas case. I'm not even sure classified military/government aircraft could be responsible unless we can determine that the witness was way off the mark with his estimations. I mean 1000 ft. wide (if I remember correctly)? That's pretty big for any aircraft. That's one of the few things about this case that has a hint of absurdity about it though.

Edited by Slave2Fate

oops*

Edited by Slave2Fate

Yeah, I'm not sure that the B-2 is the best explanation for the Texas case. I'm not even sure classified military/government aircraft could be responsible unless we can determine that the witness was way off the mark with his estimations. I mean 1000 ft. wide (if I remember correctly)? That's pretty big for any aircraft. That's one of the few things about this case that has a hint of absurdity about it though.

I don't know how anyone can ever estimate the size of something (or its altitude) without knowing roughly what it is in the first place. It might be something big high up, or something fairly small much lower. These things always sound to me like details added to make it sound more colorful- er, to add authenticity.

I don't know how anyone can ever estimate the size of something (or its altitude) without knowing roughly what it is in the first place. It might be something big high up, or something fairly small much lower. These things always sound to me like details added to make it sound more colorful- er, to add authenticity.

That's true though the patrolman's estimate would have to be off by about 83% to put it in the size range of the B-2. (The B-2 being about 172 ft. wide)

Edited by Slave2Fate

After a quick check, the witness said the object was approximately 1000ft. per side which means he was describing an equilateral triangle shape. That's significantly different that the B-2's flying wing shape.

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 1

Yeah, Brian, I am a direct decendant of reptillian Annunaki, so when earthlings are talking to me I don't always immediately get it. Already I am much see the need for the utility of an extraterrestrial welcome center and I myself would be willing to meet and greet visitors to Earth....this position I would readily accept in a heartbeat. So do I get any votes for myself here ?

Edited by spacelizard667
  • Like 1

Of course thats a fake.

http://www.google.co...ved=0CDAQ9QEwAg This one is real. The article is debunking the wrong photo. Just like you are.

Get it together Dbunk, you are losing it. j/K

Really? http://www.realityun.../petit-rechain/

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1