Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] "User no longer active"

Abominable Snowman

Probably means they haven't posted in some time

Like, nothing official, they arent banned or deleted their account, they just haven't said anything in awhile

Edited by SkepticalB

Where does it say No Longer Active at? Is it on the membership Profile? Or does that pop up if you try to IM them or something??

I just checked a couple of posters I knew back in 2008-09 and they still say "Offline Last Active Apr 19 2009 12:43 PM"

So, I'm wondering if it actually is because someone deleted, or canceled their membership purposefully. Rather then just not posting...

I'd help you out if I could, but I don't know what it means, either.

Can you ask for you account to be deleted? If so, then I'd imagine it would say "no longer active" .

It probably says the same if you're banned.

This happened with a poster recently, and he'd been sailing a little close to the wind leading up to that.

All speculation though.

I can't say that I've ever seen that anywhere - could it be someone's custom profile title ?

I think this pertains somewhat to the topic: What does it mean when someones username is grey/dark grey instead of the usual blue?

That usually means that you aren't logged in.

Well using the iPod as usual and when I sometimes click on their name it brings me to their profile but other times it says that. Maybe its something to do with the iPod?!

And many thank yous for all the replies

I've seen it before!

I just thought it meant they had retired and wanted peace or maybe been hit by a bus or some such thing.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a list of those that were banned so I can think....I remember that person.....wonder what they did to get banned !

• Like 1

Well using the iPod as usual and when I sometimes click on their name it brings me to their profile but other times it says that. Maybe its something to do with the iPod?!

I've looked in to this some more, it looks like this message does appear to a logged in user if they attempt to view the profile of a member whose account has been banned or disabled. I'd never seen it before because as an admin it just shows me the regular profile page.

Mystery solved. :)

• Like 3