Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs in Ancient Art at Major Museums

teri107

http://s8int.com/Wor...at-the-peabody/

If it is true that man and dinosaurs interacted then shouldn't evidence exist in the archaeological collections of major museums--if they were willing to put them on display. A long at 10 to 15 potential dinosaur depictions....

http://s8int.com/WordPress/2013/10/19/no-your-dinosaurs-who-knows-for-certain-what-dinosaurs-actually-looked-like-nobodyexcept-perhaps-the-eyewitnesses-responsible-for-the-ancient-dinosaur-art-at-the-peabody/

I've only just skimmed the article so far, but it's already lost most of it's credibility for me by using a drawing of a jenny haniver as "evidence" that people saw pterosaurs.

Edited by tedthebug
  • Like 1

Man and dinosaurs did not live together, does not matter what the bible say. :whistle:

The reason there is no archaeological evidence in the museums is because................there is no archaeological evidence.

• Like 3

http://s8int.com/Wor...at-the-peabody/

If it is true that man and dinosaurs interacted then shouldn't evidence exist in the archaeological collections of major museums--if they were willing to put them on display. A long at 10 to 15 potential dinosaur depictions....

http://s8int.com/WordPress/2013/10/19/no-your-dinosaurs-who-knows-for-certain-what-dinosaurs-actually-looked-like-nobodyexcept-perhaps-the-eyewitnesses-responsible-for-the-ancient-dinosaur-art-at-the-peabody/

That is absolutely the most incredible piece of hogwash I've ever read.

But.. One of my earliest memories (i was about 6) is of a nightmare I had of going for a walk with my dad and as we got to the bottom of the the road I spotted a dinosaur behind a van. The thing was 'real' looking as it stepped out into the road, I was terrified and me and my dad ran back up the road to our house before a neighbor shouted and waved us in. We went upstairs to hide but bigger dinosaur went up the road and I could clearly see its head, nose, mouth and eyes etc.

Back when I was a kid all dinosaur movies were in stop-go animation and the creatures looked crap. Kids books about dinosaurs had pretty poor pictures. What I saw at the time I never saw the likes of until Jurassic Park came out many years later.

So what I'm saying is maybe it's possible in dreams to glimpse fragments of the future or past, but they mixed up along with random dream stuff?

It could be instinct, a domesticated pet cat that has never been shown how to hunt can suddenly go into hunting mode and then stalk and quickly kill an animal with no previous knowledge about it. Human infants born straight into water can swim. Birds know how to fly. Most creatures have an inherent fear of certain things. All creatures know how to procreate etc etc.

Some individuals maybe have some tiny, vestigial fragment of memory of some fear left in them from since before recorded time that they feel the need to share or create an image of so as to better explain it to friends and family. Maybe.

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 2

They are most likely dragons, not dinosaurs, which actually did (and still do) live alongside man. Dragons have been wrongly identified as dinosaurs for years.

• Like 2

They are most likely dragons, not dinosaurs, which actually did (and still do) live alongside man. Dragons have been wrongly identified as dinosaurs for years.

Don't hijack the thread just because you were soundly disproven on a previous thread. Or at the very least show evidence of your claims as in the OP.

• Like 2

But.. One of my earliest memories (i was about 6) is of a nightmare I had of going for a walk with my dad and as we got to the bottom of the the road I spotted a dinosaur behind a van. The thing was 'real' looking as it stepped out into the road, I was terrified and me and my dad ran back up the road to our house before a neighbor shouted and waved us in. We went upstairs to hide but bigger dinosaur went up the road and I could clearly see its head, nose, mouth and eyes etc.

Back when I was a kid all dinosaur movies were in stop-go animation and the creatures looked crap. Kids books about dinosaurs had pretty poor pictures. What I saw at the time I never saw the likes of until Jurassic Park came out many years later.

So what I'm saying is maybe it's possible in dreams to glimpse fragments of the future or past, but they mixed up along with random dream stuff?

It could be instinct, a domesticated pet cat that has never been shown how to hunt can suddenly go into hunting mode and then stalk and quickly kill an animal with no previous knowledge about it. Human infants born straight into water can swim. Birds know how to fly. Most creatures have an inherent fear of certain things. All creatures know how to procreate etc etc.

Some individuals maybe have some tiny, vestigial fragment of memory of some fear left in them from since before recorded time that they feel the need to share or create an image of so as to better explain it to friends and family. Maybe.

Ultimately possible. Such a survival instinct would be unbelievably beneficial to a species survival. There area quite a few ideas floating around about so called "genetic memory" as an explanation for mankinds subliminal fears of things such as spiders and snakes.

• Like 1

Betty, Betty, Betty....i gotta break it to you: Whatever they passed you as history books in school, it was fantasy novels all along.

Dragons are mythical creatures and the only way they ever coexisted with man is in the form of horrible tattoos.

And it was Dinosaur bones that were labeled "dragon" by their discoverers, not the other way round.

That is, unless you can prove me wrong with some (preferrably non-creationist, non-Tolkien) backup for this post of yours....

Ultimately possible. Such a survival instinct would be unbelievably beneficial to a species survival. There area quite a few ideas floating around about so called "genetic memory" as an explanation for mankinds subliminal fears of things such as spiders and snakes.

Doesn't this come also under the label "collective conciousness"?? I also think this is very much possible, take the fight-or-flight-reflex as a first and obvious example....

Doesn't this come also under the label "collective conciousness"?? I also think this is very much possible, take the fight-or-flight-reflex as a first and obvious example....

Maybe that's just what happens whe your species is made up of inbreds. Hi cousin!

• Like 2

I hope you're a troll. I really do. I've seen your antics in that dragon thread under cryptozoology, and now firmly believe you are either a troll who should be dealt with by the admins, or one of the most delusional people on the planet.

Maybe that's just what happens whe your species is made up of inbreds. Hi cousin!

JoffreytheInbred-77422.jpg

• Like 2

That has to be one of the worst articles I've ever seen. It makes some of the creationist lectures I've attended look reasonable in comparison.

• Like 3

The religious aspect is obviously ridiculous, but as I said, in most cases where people talk about man and dinosaur together the are mistaking dragons for dinosaur (easily understandable though)

• Like 1

(easily understandable though)

only if i'd be a 14yr old RPG geek with fake pointy ears....

• Like 1

The religious aspect is obviously ridiculous, but as I said, in most cases where people talk about man and dinosaur together the are mistaking dragons for dinosaur (easily understandable though)

Your not exactly helping your position. I ask again, EVIDENCE! Preferably not in the form mockumentary.

Your not exactly helping your position. I ask again, EVIDENCE! Preferably not in the form mockumentary.

Etymology

The taxon Dinosauria was formally named in 1842 by paleontologist Sir Richard Owen, who used it to refer to the "distinct tribe or sub-order of Saurian Reptiles" that were then being recognized in England and around the world.[9] The term is derived from the Greek words δεινός (deinos, meaning "terrible," "potent," or "fearfully great") and σαῦρος (sauros, meaning "lizard" or "reptile").[9][10] Though the taxonomic name has often been interpreted as a reference to dinosaurs' teeth, claws, and other fearsome

characteristics, Owen intended it merely to evoke their size and majesty.

So the word has only been in our common language for the last few centurys, but before that it in other cultures other words are used. SO for some one to address them as Dragons and such is much more common than what we may call them by todays standard not just in fantasy or lore. I believe this is "BettyTheYeti" argument.

• Like 1

Etymology

The taxon Dinosauria was formally named in 1842 by paleontologist Sir Richard Owen, who used it to refer to the "distinct tribe or sub-order of Saurian Reptiles" that were then being recognized in England and around the world.[9] The term is derived from the Greek words δεινός (deinos, meaning "terrible," "potent," or "fearfully great") and σaῦρος (sauros, meaning "lizard" or "reptile").[9][10] Though the taxonomic name has often been interpreted as a reference to dinosaurs' teeth, claws, and other fearsome

So the word has only been in our common language for the last few centurys, but before that it in other cultures other words are used. SO for some one to address them as Dragons and such is much more common than what we may call them by todays standard not just in fantasy or lore. I believe this is "BettyTheYeti" argument.

I sincerely wish you were right, but that's just not the case:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256223&hl=%20real%20%20dragon&st=0

Etymology

The taxon Dinosauria was formally named in 1842 by paleontologist Sir Richard Owen, who used it to refer to the "distinct tribe or sub-order of Saurian Reptiles" that were then being recognized in England and around the world.[9] The term is derived from the Greek words δεινός (deinos, meaning "terrible," "potent," or "fearfully great") and σaῦρος (sauros, meaning "lizard" or "reptile").[9][10] Though the taxonomic name has often been interpreted as a reference to dinosaurs' teeth, claws, and other fearsome

Finally, someone who gets me!

• Like 1

Or perhaps hyraxes.
  • Like 1

Another poster mentioned having a dream about a living dinosaur that looked realistic, and dreamed it long before "Jurassic Park" that made dinosaurs look real. It could be a genetic memory, not just a physical one but external. Historical events have been known to "record" itself and play back in the future, during certain times of the year or century. Ghost sightings and noises have been explained by that. So maybe we can remember animals that used to live on the earth too? Dinosaurs have been alive far longer on the planet than humans have.

Another poster mentioned having a dream about a living dinosaur that looked realistic, and dreamed it long before "Jurassic Park" that made dinosaurs look real. It could be a genetic memory, not just a physical one but external. Historical events have been known to "record" itself and play back in the future, during certain times of the year or century. Ghost sightings and noises have been explained by that. So maybe we can remember animals that used to live on the earth too? Dinosaurs have been alive far longer on the planet than humans have.

Or he could have dreamed about dinosaurs as he knew of them at the time, then later watched the movie and let it shape his memory of the dream. Really, how can someone expect their memory of a dream that they had as a child decades ago to stay perfectly accurate? I don't believe dinosaurs could leave a "record" that people could pick up on like that. If there are any genuine examples of ancient art depicting dinosaurs, I would think they could easily have been inspired by dinosaur bones that the ancient people may have found.

• Like 1

1 Lama

2 An animal tied up for butchering, lama or deer.

3 Otter

4 coatimundi

5 alligator kind of animal

Out of time to do the rest.