Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Secret of Time

The_Spirit_of_Truth

Diechecker,

"That sounds like Time requires an Organism. Is that true?"

If I may, I believe time does not need to be perceived in order for it to exist. It simply is. Time is eternal, it is without a beginning and end, lasting forever, always existing.

Diechecker,

If I may, I believe time does not need to be perceived in order for it to exist. It simply is. Time is eternal, it is without a beginning and end, lasting forever, always existing.

Not according to Spirit-of-Truth. He seems to be indicating that only when a living creature is present does time move. I'm trying to confirm if that is actually what he is saying or not.

Diechecker,

Things are in motion and through that motion they change. Usually, they move in the way that cause what we people call "growing old". But they can also cause the opposite.

Time needs things to create motion within and around them. Motion and transformation & change connected with them = time.

Time requires matter and space where it would be changing it through motion.

Correct. Time would exist even if no one perceived it.

Must be the first units of time were measured in accordance with lunar and solar cycles? We noticed that the cycles of the moon repeated 'monthly' .. and the sun's cycle , annually? We eventually even noticed larger patterns of changes in the sky like the precession of the constellations ? We set our clocks by these sorts of things , not by some giant cosmic clock ticking away ? .. I don't get time being anything other than a consequence of movement or change. But physicists, do i guess.

.. time to eat : )

Arguably, the first unit of time we recognised was our pulse, And hence the first music we created was based on the rhythm of the human heart beat.

• Like 1

Diechecker,

Time may exist independent of observation but there is no certainty that time always existed. That depends on time's relationship to the other elements of the universe and on how long the universe has existed . Eg for infinity or for less.

Mr Walker,

Why is time dependent upon the Universe existing? Why does time need something to exist in it in order for it to be? Why is it you want to put boundary's on something that can't be measured?

Mr Walker,

Why is time dependent upon the Universe existing? Why does time need something to exist in it in order for it to be? Why is it you want to put boundary's on something that can't be measured?

There is considerable debate about the nature of time and whether it even exists, but my view in simple terms is this.

Time only exists when it can be measured by some physical factor eg entropy or radioactive decay. In a sense if nothing AT ALL changes, then time does not exist because it is immeasurable. And so, without external factors which an reflect the passage of time through changes in them, like mater and energy, to record the passage of time, time does not pass.

I am also pretty sure that most science does not accept that time is a physical thing with an independent existence, but that is less a factor than the first point I made

Let us suppose that you died and then were reborn. You awake to find the world has not changed one bit from the instant of your death. How much time has passed between your death and your re-awakening, if there are NO indicators by which you can determine the answer? One might assume the answer is that no time has passed, but it might also be aeons of time.

• Like 1

Time, matter and space are related and in order to explain time better, I have to quote few paragraphs from "Infinity":

Infinity 1:

It is "limitedly endless" and valid within the Allorganism. It contains "subjective time" and it has two main values:

1. ∞

2. Number that expresses "points", that is "particular positions" of the whole story that is going on within the Allorganism (somehow comparable to the number of frames in a movie).

In this infinity line gets curved and all the way it "goes along the same points" round and round, because the inside of the Allorganism is fixed.

Infinity 2:

It is "fully endless" and valid outside of the Allorganism. It contains "objective time" and mostly it is filled by fragmented (all)matter. Within these "Endless Spaces" there is a gigantic area occupied by Supergods and our Precreator originates from it, too.

Do you guess the way by which line goes in this infinity? Does it go straightly, does it curve or does it split up itself? Anyway, I can give you hints that all the way it goes along different points, because the inside of the "Endless Spaces" is not fixed, but naturally changing.

And there is some interesting bonus:

littlemountain.jpg

Edited by The_Spirit_of_Truth

If this is religious, then the question then is... is the body immortal or is the essence/spirit/soul immortal? There is no point to controlling time, unless you want to physically live forever.

In Christianity, we are told that our lives here are just a blink in time, and we want to follow the path of Jesus/Christ as close as possible while here so we are rewarded in the eternity that follows. Being alive is a short test of a person's choices, and with Free Will we are allowed to screw it up.

This mumbo-jumbo sounds like a belief in eternal physical existance if you know the Secrets that might be Unveiled. Usually such a statement is followed by asking for money in exchange for the Holy Secret.

In the words of Queen, "Who wants to live forever... anyway..."

Kudos to you for quoting Queen. Freddie Mercury was a god walking on Earth.

Kudos to you for quoting Queen. Freddie Mercury was a god walking on Earth.

Personally i would say anyone who is happy, loved, and fulfilled on earth, would like to live forever in that state. I knowIi would love to have a few millenia to learn to grow to evolve and enjoy lving. I might even learn to play music improve my painting and become a better poet. I would like to spend that time with my wife and family with whom i have always had a loving and caring relationship. I suspect that only those unhappy in some way with their life on earth would not enjoy living it for eternity. (or at least many hundreds of thousands of years. There is so much to learn and to experience, especially when you can visit any part of the universe at will. So many places to go, so many "people " to meet, and so many books to read.