Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

sheriff's shoot 13 year old

OverSword

California cop's mistaken fatal shooting of boy unfolded in seconds

http://news.yahoo.co...-053109259.html

You realize that this timeline supports the LEOs actions, right?

They had a split second to make a decision based on what they were seeing.

Man

Gun

Drop it, didn't

Pointed it at them

Shoot

And it all probably happened about as fast as it took you to read that. That's what LEOs have to deal with on a regular basis. Decisions that you or I should be thankful we don't have to make.

Edited by Rafterman

You realize that this timeline supports the LEOs actions, right?

Decisions that you or I should be thankful we don't have to make.

supports ???? not really.

i'm not thanking cops for nothing, you can all you want.

Perhaps you should have done a better job of raising your grandson and teaching him to respect authority.

that is retarded, we have thousands of examples of police missconduct a year (go to policemissconduct.com, read them all), what exactly do i have to respect them for????

they almost shot me in broad day light right in front of my house, while i was working under the hood of my car. respect my A S S , they ain't getting none from me. neither from my kids.

Edited by aztek

Aren't toy guns supposed to have a red barral so the police will know by just looking at it.

The boy should have followed instructions, specally after the school shooting a coujple of days ago.

But, it sounds like the police were just doing ther job. To protect and serve.

I have a question.

What if the toy wasn't a toy and the Police hesitated? What if the police were gunned down by the AK47? We would be talking a different tune. Unfortunately it was a teen who was carrying an Airsoft gun (which is designed to look as real as it can).

The Police responded as they should of. They did what they are trained to do. And it was only after on close inspection that they saw it wasn't a real gun.

Aren't toy guns supposed to have a red barral so the police will know by just looking at it.

The boy should have followed instructions, specally after the school shooting a coujple of days ago.

The barrel in front of the 'gas tube' was broken off or removed.

they are, the piece of the barrel that had it is broken off, hypoteticly speaking, if i shot a kid and later realised he had a pellet gun with orange tip, i'd make sure it is not there. hey cops mistake valets, and cell phones for guns, and kill innocent, i don't expect them to look for orange tip on a gun,.

their job is not to serve and protect, it is a myth. ussc says so, not me.

I have a question.

What if the toy wasn't a toy and the Police hesitated? What if the police were gunned down by the AK47? We would be talking a different tune. Unfortunately it was a teen who was carrying an Airsoft gun (which is designed to look as real as it can).

but they were not gunned down, they killed a kid, that is all there is to it. what if, shoulda woulda coulda, doesn't justify anything

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

untill we see dashcam video, we have cops words and dead kid. and i have a feeling we wont see any video. cuz if there was one, we'd see it already,

Well looking at the ammount of cops that actually do get killed on duty no wonder they took extreme measures....just because his thirteen means nothing, in our sick world even 10 or 8 year olds are raping and murdering, all for gang life....and I'm sorry to say it, but his profile fitted young, mexican gang member, it happens all the time...why was he not taught(actually common sense) not to walk with a life like replica of an assault rifle in the street....I mean really, when I was tht age I wuldnt even dare walk with a knife on me in the street....come on people, his thirteen, not 5...he shouldve known better...noone taught me not to do it, its simple common sense.....

Something tells me he was trying to prove a point...be the hero who showed them all..

I live in a country where murder and rape are almost accepted because it happens so much...90 percent of the people arrested are youngsters, they are the new generation of gangs...brought up and taught by the older ones.....if it looks like a gun, you shoot, and you shoot to kill...I shouldn't have to tell him in 10 diff languages to drop it...simple request..following procedure...so that my kids get to see me again....

I live in a country where murder and rape are almost accepted because it happens so much...90 percent of the people arrested are youngsters, they are the new generation of gangs...brought up and taught by the older ones.....if it looks like a gun, you shoot, and you shoot to kill...I shouldn't have to tell him in 10 diff languages to drop it...simple request..following procedure...so that my kids get to see me again....

Where do you live?

So your saying that at 13 if you were walking along and someone said DROP YOUR WEAPON, you would just do as the unknown voice said? Is the word police some secret word only cops can say? No like most people kids and adults you would turn around to see who was barking at you.

What did the child do wrong??? Oh I know he should have known adults today are afraid of not only there own shadows but there children's shadow as well. We had a lot of toy guns (by toy guns I mean BB guns) Sherieff didn't shoot us.... But back in my day this only use to happen in California or New York.

actually, yea i would. and have.

Well, i didnt DROP it, that could cause it to go off accidentally. I eased it down and then *I* stayed down.

Course i was 14, so i reckon that 1 yr diff made me more careful *rolls eyes*

Look, i never ever said the child deserved to die. In my opinion legs coulda been shot.. i mean, to ME that would be the answer, but I was not there, nor do i know the complete story.

yea, and i agree, but we just don't know exactly how it happened. it might be they way you said , and it also may not have happend the same way.

also i woud like to see numbers of cops killed on duty in usa. i don't believe they are as high as you say they are.

actually, yea i would. and have.

Well, i didnt DROP it, that could cause it to go off accidentally. I eased it down and then *I* stayed down.

Course i was 14, so i reckon that 1 yr diff made me more careful *rolls eyes*

Look, i never ever said the child deserved to die. In my opinion legs coulda been shot.. i mean, to ME that would be the answer, but I was not there, nor do i know the complete story.

well if you had gun in your hand muzzle pointed forward, and cops said turn around, you would, and so would your shoulder and your gun, well guess what, you pointing the gun at them now,

was he holding it by the pistol grip and pointed it at cops, or he just grabbed by the foregrip and had other had free?? if you are cop with power to kill, you must look at those things as well, in USA, before you take someones life. he had enough time to see the gun pointed at him, he had enough time to see how it was held.

Edited by aztek

I wish no one was shot , but if police were concerned and had to shoot, i would wish they shot at the legs, (yes i am sure shoulder woulda worked, but it is to close to head/chest and accidents happen)..

I learned to shoot at a young age, my pawpaw told me to shoot to kill if someone broke into our house and was causing fear/damage et.. my mammy told me to shoot the legs, so if the person was only stealing, or a kid/teen, they could at least live.

I alwys thought mammy had the right of it. And I would like to assume police would/could have this option,

THATS my opinion, i of course have not been in such a situation to test out if that is what i would really do. i hope i am never in such a situation

And papa if you want proof ill post you the official governmental crime stats...

That's not necessary. I was just wondering what country you lived in, since you didn't specify and it's not on your profile.

I wish no one was shot , but if police were concerned and had to shoot, i would wish they shot at the legs, (yes i am sure shoulder woulda worked, but it is to close to head/chest and accidents happen)..

If they had shot his legs and it was a real gun he could still be able to fire at the police. That's way they shoot center mass, to stop the person from firing on them.

• Like 1

With proper training and understanding from parents on what is guns and how to handle guns, this situation would never happen. The child would immediately place the replica on the ground, back away so the cop could look at it to make sure it was a fake. No... the child froze up and the cop shot the child because he or she wasn't listening to his commands, leading to another child being murdered by a trigger happy cop. This cop should have enough sense to at least talk to the child, try to make him understand it is wrong to carry an replica like that around and to talk him into relinquishing his replica. Increasingly gun scared population of united states is making it harder to teach our children responsibility or protect our children. The politicians are the ones too blame mostly, they are making mass hysteria where people die because fear is contagious. All because of their so called crusade to rid America of guns.

Maybe you should've been there, you could've use your psychic powers and let the cops know it was a replica.
  • Like 1

If they had shot his legs and it was a real gun he could still be able to fire at the police. That's way they shoot center mass, to stop the person from firing on them.

Bah.. i get it.. i just dont like it.

I think the thing I hate most is this

everyone is prejudging before facts are really out. so it is a lose lose situation now because of us.

If the police were in the right, they still need punished, because if they are not, we will never believe it. we will think there is a coverup. period.

if they were in the wrong, they will still be punished, but.. we will always feel there is a coverup and punishment was not enough.

so it is going to be a lose lose situation no matter what.

Its the Cops that need psychiatry and mental health tests,if a Cop shot my Grandson I would be straight round his house and terminate him.

What about if a cop let someone carrying an AK shoot your grandson? He might've thought it was a replica.

What about if a cop let someone carrying an AK shoot your grandson? He might've thought it was a replica.

what is a cop shoots you thinking you have a gun pointed at him, while it was your phone, and you are texting???

what ifs never do much, and now they do absolutely nothing.

but they were not gunned down, they killed a kid, that is all there is to it. what if, shoulda woulda coulda, doesn't justify anything

And you'd be b****ing if they let some guy with an AK go around shooting people. Same old story, aztek can't see beyond his nose.
  • Like 2