Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

sheriff's shoot 13 year old

OverSword

And you'd be b****ing if they let some guy with an AK go around shooting people. Same old story, aztek can't see beyond his nose.

wow, lol, what?????? you have no idea how far i see, and what i've seen so lets not make it personal shell we??

Edited by aztek

what is a cop shoots you thinking you have a gun pointed at him, while it was your phone, and you are texting???

what ifs never do much, and now they do absolutely nothing.

My phone doesn't look like a gun, please use your brain next time.

My phone doesn't look like a gun, please use your brain next time.

i do, and if you had any you'd know, it happened before, or better yet google cases where phones and valets were mistaken for guns and ppl died.

i do, and if you had any you'd know, it happened before, or better yet google cases where phones and valets were mistaken for guns and ppl died.

Guess what it's not working. I never said it didn't happen, but it's got jack to do with the article.

Guess what it's not working. I never said it didn't happen, but it's got jack to do with the article.

trolling is bad mkay, and guess what, you got jack to do with reality.

but i get it, you're p***ed off little boy that gets pi,,,ed if someone dares to dissagree. grow up,

Edited by aztek

trolling is bad mkay

And you still do it.

Edit: Only you could jump from an AK to a phone.

Edited by Rlyeh

You shouldn't put much effort trying to explain it to em... There scared of imaginary boogie men. "Be scared of your neighbor but trust your government local and federal without question" That is how there raised and that is how they will think.

• Like 3

It doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Another person is dead and the cops "might" offer their condolences but then go on about how they were only doing their job while giving each other high-fives for a job well done. They go home at the end of the day to their children while the parents, relatives and friends of the dead child have to somehow pick up the pieces of their now shattered lives.

There is no reset button here, kids. No magic potions, no spells to undo what has been done.

Sadly there are so many people (not necessarily here) who will flippantly say, with a derisive sneer, that the kid "deserved" to be shot dead and that if they were the cops they would have open fire a lot earlier. Better safe than sorry I guess is their motto. Two years old or 99, won't make a difference, a target is a target.

When a mistake is made the cops just shrug and say "Oh well. Too bad about the kid. There's more where he came from.". and never once think that this boy or any victim could've been their kid or their neighbors.

Like I said earlier, often when you have guns practically shoved in your face, you end up freezing in fear. Even if the kid had dropped the dun, would there have been any assurance that he wouldn't have been slaughtered?

My bet is that they would've killed him regardless.

I don't agree with this callous statement. I would be surprised if these cops have slept a wink or have not shed a tear over this tradgedy. They are humans and regardless of the image that police tend to have put on them most of them are very stand up good people, even after they have become jaded by thier job. These cops are also victims of this tradgedy because they have to live with the fact that they killed a kid that was no danger to them and marked a family in a bad way forever. I truly fel sorry for them as well.
  • Like 4

You shouldn't put much effort trying to explain it to em... There scared of imaginary boogie men. "Be scared of your neighbor but trust your government local and federal without question" That is how there raised and that is how they will think.

Quit being so naive.

You do realize, I hope, that a fake gun(if perceived as REAL) used in a bank robbery or such will still often net the offender with "armed robbery" even though no real gun was used. And the police response, if also perceiving it as REAL, will act accordingly.

Duh........

• Like 1

The police are our neighbors...they are not the government. It has become increasingly clear that some of you have no friends that are police officers. In your eyes it is the police who are the boogie men.

• Like 3

I don't agree with this callous statement. I would be surprised if these cops have slept a wink or have not shed a tear over this tradgedy. They are humans and regardless of the image that police tend to have put on them most of them are very stand up good people, even after they have become jaded by thier job. These cops are also victims of this tradgedy because they have to live with the fact that they killed a kid that was no danger to them and marked a family in a bad way forever. I truly fel sorry for them as well.

While I'd like to believe that is true... have you heard of this case here in the DFW area where a mentally challenged man was gunned down after the cops say he "lunged at them with a knife" and the video shows otherwise... I want to see the video before they say they were fearing for their life... I agree with the poster who said, "Some people should not be cops..."

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/23776757/dallas-officer-who-shot-ill-man-to-face-hearing

• Like 2

While I'd like to believe that is true... have you heard of this case here in the DFW area where a mentally challenged man was gunned down after the cops say he "lunged at them with a knife" and the video shows otherwise... I want to see the video before they say they were fearing for their life... I agree with the poster who said, "Some people should not be cops..."

http://www.myfoxdfw....to-face-hearing

And as you can see by at least 80% of the comments I've made in this thread I've started I'm in complete agreement about the dash cam footage, and in this case am not inclined to give these cops the benefit of the doubt because cops shoot too damned easily these days. And though I did not here about your case there was a nearly identical one here in seattle a few years ago, and many more as well. One of the many more, John T. Williams.

100903_john_t_williams.jpg

John T. Williams. RIP

Trigger happy police are a huge problem in Seattle. That does not translate into, all cops are trigger happy.

Edited by OverSword

I just got back home after being away a few days, and heard about this from the people I was staying with while I was gone. So I'm a bit late. I figured there would probably be a topic about it when I got back. It's a shame to see anyone killed senselessly. Sure, this kid had a 'military-style rifle', but it amounted to a simple Airsoft rifle. For the cops to gun him down - a simple child - they deserve to be fired and charged with involuntary manslaughter. As we've seen before cops are always seen shooting first and asking questions later - often citing that they felt a threat to their life. However, like we saw with the guy with the knife who was gunned down by cops for simply standing still - only for the cops to cite they felt 'threatened' - it seems they abuse this criteria for discharging their firearms, ironically, as a sort of cop-out to circumvent taking responsibility for reckless actions.. Like slaying a child with a toy gun.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 1

I just got back home after being away a few days, and heard about this from the people I was staying with while I was gone. So I'm a bit late. I figured there would probably be a topic about it when I got back. It's a shame to see anyone killed senselessly. Sure, this kid had a 'military-style rifle', but it amounted to a simple Airsoft rifle. For the cops to gun him down - a simple child - they deserve to be fired and charged with involuntary manslaughter. As we've seen before cops are always seen shooting first and asking questions later - often citing that they felt a threat to their life. However, like we saw with the guy with the knife who was gunned down by cops for simply standing still - only for the cops to cite they felt 'threatened' - it seems they abuse this criteria for discharging their firearms, ironically, as a sort of cop-out to circumvent taking responsibility for reckless actions.. Like slaying a child with a toy gun.

I wouldnt ask questions either if the 'gun' was pointed at me. I would shoot. Not because I want the person dead. I would rather have no one die. But I would rather they be removed as a threat than me become a casualty.

Yes it turned out to be a simple airsoft gun but that was when the examined it closely. You dont have that luxury when it is pointing at you. An airsoft gun is made to look nearly identical to the weapon it is based. These officers did their job as outlined by the law.

We have the luxury of looking at this in hindsight. We can scrutinize everything they did based on the outcome. unfortunately a teen died. However we have to go by the facts as they where at the time. The fact is the teen was carrying an AK47 (regardless if it turned out to be an Airsoft gun, at the time it was an AK47 rifle to those officers and the civilians in the area who called it in). Based on the info released he was ordered to drop the weapon twice. at which point he turned around with the barrel pointing at the officers. The officers had fractions of a second to react or potentially lose their life. One of the officers opened fire striking the teen multiple times. They then called for EMS. That is the facts as they are presented.

the police need to respond as though they have a live gun even if it turns out to be airsoft. They should never assume its airsoft or it could be the last thing they ever do.

• Like 3

I wonder if the manufacturers of the airsoft guns feel any guilt about this?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

I have to reserve judgment on these things. Several years ago a 15 year old was shot by police in my city and all we heard was "the poor little boy". It turned out this kid was 6'1" 210 pounds and had fired on them first. Ya never know.

• Like 1

However we have to go by the facts as they where at the time. The fact is the teen was carrying an AK47 (regardless if it turned out to be an Airsoft gun, at the time it was an AK47 rifle to those officers and the civilians in the area who called it in). Based on the info released he was ordered to drop the weapon twice. at which point he turned around with the barrel pointing at the officers. The officers had fractions of a second to react or potentially lose their life. One of the officers opened fire striking the teen multiple times. They then called for EMS. That is the facts as they are presented.

the police need to respond as though they have a live gun even if it turns out to be airsoft. They should never assume its airsoft or it could be the last thing they ever do.

the only facts we sure of is that a kid got killed by cops, and he had a toygun. the rest is just their word, not facts.

in a link above cops also said the guy with a knife went for them, video proved he didn't. so again, cops story is not a fact,

also officers had 10 seconds, not fraction.

and so what they called ems, cop pumped the guy who was down with 6 more bullets.

you made no point, and did not make cops look any more right.

Edited by aztek

The police are our neighbors...they are not the government. It has become increasingly clear that some of you have no friends that are police officers. In your eyes it is the police who are the boogie men.

Friends??? never there all losers or corrupt. Now I do know some retired ones and there cool. I do deal with em at work as a PI... And ya the whole cops are good guys and heroes blah blah blah keep on drinking that media kool aid. Oh and Cop neighborhoods are a lot different from normal ones. When I was in illegal business ventures certain neighbors you didn't mess with cause that is where the cops lived.

Friends??? never there all losers or corrupt. Now I do know some retired ones and there cool. I do deal with em at work as a PI... And ya the whole cops are good guys and heroes blah blah blah keep on drinking that media kool aid. Oh and Cop neighborhoods are a lot different from normal ones. When I was in illegal business ventures certain neighbors you didn't mess with cause that is where the cops lived.

There is no such thing as "cop neighborhoods". :w00t:

And on behalf of my friends and relatives who are cops, I would thank you not to spread such idiocy, but I know you can't help yourself.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

Cop neighborhoods? What the hell is that? Are they the next street over from the chef neighborhoods? The plumber neighborhood?

• Like 1

there are buildings\areas that are gvmnt subsidized and correction cops live there, it is true in nyc, but in nyc regular cops live where regular ppl live, the only thing they don't live in the area they work. but that is nyc, in some other place it may be different, idk.

Edited by aztek

I also have cop relatives, and as a teen worked for a family friend on his horse boarding ranch who was a cop and like a second father to me, I know from these people, intamate relationships all, that you are not entirely incorrect. After years on the job they do tend to get a little cynical, they can be very prejudiced, and usually slightly corrupt, perhaps not taking bribes, but definetly taking liberties. But that does not by definition make them bad people.

I wonder if the manufacturers of the airsoft guns feel any guilt about this?

They should, yet I doubt they would considering they have fought tooth and nail to defend their right to manufacture replics to be nontranslucent.

Here in California, carrying around a replica firearm in public is illegal and obviously immoral.

Any replica firearm sold in California must have a 6mm orange tip on the muzzle and removing it is

Misdemeanor offense.

There is no such thing as "cop neighborhoods". :w00t:

And on behalf of my friends and relatives who are cops, I would thank you not to spread such idiocy, but I know you can't help yourself.

So when did I ever say it was a term cops or friends of or relatives of cops would even understand. You do get the reference of illegal buisness? If you dont understand how the game is done on both ends... dont act like a prick like you know it all. There are certain areas that you do not steal or sell drugs in. :rolleyes: Oh and there are also cops you can get supplies from... OMG , but what you know about that

For a musical interlude during this gently heated debate, enjoy, from musician Jamie Archer on the X-Factor...