Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extraterrestrial Etiquette.

seeder

I thought this was a good question, how to deal with ET if we ever meet?

quote:

Extraterrestrial Etiquette: How Should Humanity Interact with Alien Life?

Humanity should start thinking about how to interact with alien species long before coming into contact with extraterrestrial life, experts say.

Coming up with a strict set of guidelines that govern the way people on future interstellar space missions study and interact with aliens is imperative before anyone blasts off to a distant world, according to attendees at Starship Congress in August.

While a "prime directive" — the rule that prevented Star Fleet officers from interfering with the business of alien life-forms on TV's "Star Trek" — might be a little extreme, such a rule could help govern interactions between aliens and humans.

More

http://www.space.com/23302-alien-life-humans-first-contact-rules.html

• Like 1

since we're living in a society where we don't discriminate sexually or religious believes I'll vote for "intimate meetups" with Aliens-ele..i am personally however against "anal probing" :no:

• Like 1

I wish I'd been at Starship Congress. You can just imagine the number of people in Star Trek uniforms, can't you.

• Like 3

What if aliens did visit Earth one day and they actually want nothing to do with the humans as we are not advanced enough, and they have come to see the intelligence on this planet which they feel they can relate to better...the ant?

• Like 1

or seeing humans as live stock !

• Like 2

What if aliens did visit Earth one day and they actually want nothing to do with the humans as we are not advanced enough, and they have come to see the intelligence on this planet which they feel they can relate to better...the ant?

If true, they probably view us as an amusement park or Zoo, I know I will if i was a wise and one billion year old race, enlightened as can be :innocent: . Seeing us blow up ourselves with bombs and fighting over oil, I would not approach the humans as of yet but instead watch them for good entertainment and study.

Edited by lufia
  • Like 1

If or when we ever meet ET, how should first contact be handled? Good question. Should it be the brightest and best, scientists, politicians that get to shake ETs hand or should it be a common person....or a religous, philosophical figure, or...? I used to think that discovering intelligent extraterrestrials would be a great thing.

But Im not so sure anymore.

Lets say the Allen Telescope Array will parse the nearest thousand light-years of space. If there are other occupants of this galactic neighborhood, we could turn up a signal. What if that day comes??

Then what..!?

I personally dont think it would cause mass hysteria or public disorder. If anything, it might unite people from all over the world. For once, people from all over the world will have a feeling of being on the same side.

Or lets say they landed and said -Hello!

Then what..!?

The bottom line is, who they contact, and when, would most certainly be their decision, and if they spend time learning about us, I think their choice will be clear. I think that scientists would be the best choice,... politicians and religious leaders shouldnt even be on the list.

• Like 2

I hope we interact in a way with aliens which permanently undermines our anthropomorphic views which foster a human view of the universe and leads to more diverse perspectives.

Edited by aimlesswalk

Then we would find aliens to be totally irrational and illogical, and not after all advanced?

If or when we ever meet ET, how should first contact be handled? Good question. Should it be the brightest and best, scientists, politicians that get to shake ETs hand or should it be a common person....or a religous, philosophical figure, or...? I used to think that discovering intelligent extraterrestrials would be a great thing.

But Im not so sure anymore.

Lets say the Allen Telescope Array will parse the nearest thousand light-years of space. If there are other occupants of this galactic neighborhood, we could turn up a signal. What if that day comes??

Then what..!?

I personally dont think it would cause mass hysteria or public disorder. If anything, it might unite people from all over the world. For once, people from all over the world will have a feeling of being on the same side.

Or lets say they landed and said -Hello!

Then what..!?

The bottom line is, who they contact, and when, would most certainly be their decision, and if they spend time learning about us, I think their choice will be clear. I think that scientists would be the best choice,... politicians and religious leaders shouldnt even be on the list.

Might want to add UFO nuts and AA fanatics to that list. I have a feeling their excitement might get the better of them and they'd leave the impression we're a very... uninhibited... species. :)

• Like 1

Shoot first. Ask questins later.

Yep, Star Trek shows us the way - we come in peace, shoot to kill...

From what I have decoded personally from the WOW! signal aliens are extremely offended by females in clothing, it disgusts them, and is an insult, also, strangely enough whilst they require liquids, they have evolved beyond a need for pure water, which is hard to come by on long space journeys, so they require concentrated forms with contaminates to improve the quality of the liquid with time, what we call "alcohol".

This is why they avoid us, we offend them.

Until women start getting around nekkid, and we give up water for alcohol just forget first contact. If you want to see aliens, people, you know what to do.

Hop to it, you're holding us all back. Why do you think rednecks who are out checking their still's get all the luck with aliens????? The alcohol draws them in, and then they give the Redneck a display of what is acceptable (Alien often turns into a Pamela Anderson look alike nekkid) but these numpties misinterpret it selfishly. Goes all the way back to the Boas case.

• Like 2

From what I have decoded personally from the WOW! signal aliens are extremely offended by females in clothing, it disgusts them, and is an insult, also, strangely enough whilst they require liquids, they have evolved beyond a need for pure water, which is hard to come by on long space journeys, so they require concentrated forms with contaminates to improve the quality of the liquid with time, what we call "alcohol".

This is why they avoid us, we offend them.

Until women start getting around nekkid, and we give up water for alcohol just forget first contact. If you want to see aliens, people, you know what to do.

Hop to it, you're holding us all back. Why do you think rednecks who are out checking their still's get all the luck with aliens????? The alcohol draws them in, and then they give the Redneck a display of what is acceptable (Alien often turns into a Pamela Anderson look alike nekkid) but these numpties misinterpret it selfishly. Goes all the way back to the Boas case.

All sound Ideas ,psyche101 ! I do hope they get right on this train of thought ! Afterall the sooner`s the better`s ! E.T only pop`s in from time to time for there little jolly`s A Cow tipper here,a probe there, you know the drill.

Ouch ! Its the Drills that get me every time !

But on a serious a note ! As if that can be so,We will as you know Blast -em- right outta the Sky If they dont sneek in and grab Pam,and then Off with all our Brew`s !

THat wont be too bad a First encounter If you ask me ! We can Always bribe -em-back If we take Pam back ! :tu: They will want to Deal you can bet your Krillian Dollars on that !

• Like 1

All sound Ideas ,psyche101 ! I do hope they get right on this train of thought ! Afterall the sooner`s the better`s ! E.T only pop`s in from time to time for there little jolly`s A Cow tipper here,a probe there, you know the drill.

Ouch ! Its the Drills that get me every time !

But on a serious a note ! As if that can be so,We will as you know Blast -em- right outta the Sky If they dont sneek in and grab Pam,and then Off with all our Brew`s !

THat wont be too bad a First encounter If you ask me ! We can Always bribe -em-back If we take Pam back ! :tu: They will want to Deal you can bet your Krillian Dollars on that !

Yes, if it was not for teenage aliens borrowing Mums sports saucer, and buzzing people and tipping cows, then we would have no clue they even existed.

I think Pam ought to be a bulk deal, they should take all of PETA with them. There has to be an asteroid someplace where we can send PETA people and stray domesticated animals.

But they will be reading this, forums is how they stay one step ahead.

Back to my Roast Lamb sandwich...........

Edited by psyche101

Then we would find aliens to be totally irrational and illogical, and not after all advanced?

Well they would have a leg up on us if they could find us before we found them.

There is no reason for them to be anything like us, so there is as much chance that they would be an ant, as they would be a human. The chances are they will want to try and communicate with what ever species on this planet resembles themselves, and it does not have to be man.

So do I go buy the Large cans of Raid,and the Laser guns to protect myself,Or Do I go dig that hole in the back yard?

Its going to be fun for at least a few min`s either way ! I cant wait to Greet & Meet !

So do I go buy the Large cans of Raid,and the Laser guns to protect myself,Or Do I go dig that hole in the back yard?

Its going to be fun for at least a few min`s either way ! I cant wait to Greet & Meet !

Better play it safe and get a bigger grill.

Big D has got that one covered, Im sure,...

Im going to need a pic of that Halloween BBQ,.. D!!

• Like 1

Big D has got that one covered, Im sure,...

Im going to need a pic of that Halloween BBQ,.. D!!

Ok I`ll Shoot another one Some how last month Aliens broke into my Hard drive and stole all my DATA ! And the only thing they left in return was "Z" `s address ? Hum I wonder what they meant by that? :tu::alien:

• Like 1

Cheery grin, outstretched hand, "would you like a jelly baby?".

Done.

• Like 3

Whyever do you assume that? Are ants irrational and illogical? They're very logical in so far as their society is organised. And why shouldn't a society based on those lines be technololgically advanced?

• Like 1