Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I being personally haunted?

Tbb93

Ever since I can remember I have thought I had some sort of 6th sense I am currently 19 years old male, and my mom has only just began to believe me but she has not experienced anything herself, she has just known that I've always talked about it. I live in a house of 5 and yet I am the only one who witnesses anything. My house does have somewhat a history, I live on a regular suburban street in New Jersey and my house used to be a doctors office privately owned by a man (the doctor) and he slowly got a tad bit inappropriate with regular exams and was eventually found frozen in a car in another state. And for a while teenagers partied in my house because of it being abandoned after the man passed away. There is rumor that he hid a big amount of money in the house because he was paranoid, he even made a hole from my sisters closet down to the garage and put a mirror in there to see out front because he always thought people were after him. The people in the house right before my parents said they couldn't find the money anywhere. I get all the normal paranormal experiences muffled screaming when house is completely silent, shadows the constant feeling of fear almost as if someone's right on my back, and noises and movement and lights even turn off here and there. The most recent event happened when it was in my room which actually used to be the checkup room I was on my computer and all if a sudden my lamp started flickering on and off and out of nowhere my computer crashed a a blue screen popped up and it's been stuck that way ever since. Me and my sister did a quija board in our laundry room a few years back as well which is actually the room right next to mine and ironically that's usually where I feel the strongest presence as well as right in front if my door way it's always cold just in that one spot as if someone is staring at me while I'm on my bed. I would like some advice or just input on why he is so fixated on me or if if even is him or not thanks!

• Like 1

I've heard that ghosts and spirits are drawn to people who are most likely to notice them, so people with, what I guess you could call a 6th sense.

I know how you feel. The spirits in my house only bother me. Creepy breathing, moving things, making noises, strong presences... Creepy stuff :/

Ever since I can remember I have thought I had some sort of 6th sense I am currently 19 years old male, and my mom has only just began to believe me but she has not experienced anything herself, she has just known that I've always talked about it. I live in a house of 5 and yet I am the only one who witnesses anything. My house does have somewhat a history, I live on a regular suburban street in New Jersey and my house used to be a doctors office privately owned by a man (the doctor) and he slowly got a tad bit inappropriate with regular exams and was eventually found frozen in a car in another state. And for a while teenagers partied in my house because of it being abandoned after the man passed away. There is rumor that he hid a big amount of money in the house because he was paranoid, he even made a hole from my sisters closet down to the garage and put a mirror in there to see out front because he always thought people were after him. The people in the house right before my parents said they couldn't find the money anywhere. I get all the normal paranormal experiences muffled screaming when house is completely silent, shadows the constant feeling of fear almost as if someone's right on my back, and noises and movement and lights even turn off here and there. The most recent event happened when it was in my room which actually used to be the checkup room I was on my computer and all if a sudden my lamp started flickering on and off and out of nowhere my computer crashed a a blue screen popped up and it's been stuck that way ever since. Me and my sister did a quija board in our laundry room a few years back as well which is actually the room right next to mine and ironically that's usually where I feel the strongest presence as well as right in front if my door way it's always cold just in that one spot as if someone is staring at me while I'm on my bed. I would like some advice or just input on why he is so fixated on me or if if even is him or not thanks!

I would say not, all of these things have mundane explanations for them.

It sounds mostly like an urban legend that's spooked you a bit, and your imagination is having an effect on you.

• Like 4

I had to read this a few times because I thought it read "me and my lamp..."

Personally, nothing sounds really odd. The lamp and computer are more likely the result of faulty wiring (older house) or surges.

• Like 2

Yea well if there are mundane explanations than I must just be out of my mind because there aren't, and I'm not saying that doctor is the story of my ghost but just some background of my house which I thought was pretty interesting, but there is some spirit in my house and I've known it for years u can't be skeptical til I've experienced anything paranormal.

Yea well if there are mundane explanations than I must just be out of my mind because there aren't, and I'm not saying that doctor is the story of my ghost but just some background of my house which I thought was pretty interesting, but there is some spirit in my house and I've known it for years u can't be skeptical til I've experienced anything paranormal.

let me ask you this, did you come here for help or just positive reinforcement on your claims? reason why I am asking is people whom post here, don't want to be embarrassed that they might be wrongnwith their claims. it is easier to get so emotionally and mentally focus over something then to find an alternative reason. oujia boards dont work, people who use them think they with your own subconscious movinh your finger tips.
  • Like 2

So far you have not described anything which is unusual, you have been told what they most likely are, so to put your mind at rest, you should listen to what people have advised...unless you do not want anyone to put your mind at rest?

What sort of background info do you have of the house which makes it interesting?....the doctor killing himself is not interesting as he did not do it in the house.

It also seems strange that a man so paranoid would keep a large amount of money in the house he obviously did not feel safe in, maybe he did have a stash of money, but I doubt it was in that house.

Reading your story you seem to be doing your best to freak yourself out a bit and are looking for anything to justify a haunting. As I said, please look at the logical possibilities explained to you, unless you have something more riveting, your story is nowhere near "haunted" level.

• Like 2