Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcisms

Skep B

Ok first off, you see my name, think I'm here to argue. Well, its a good thing this isn't the psychic thread becasuenope, I don't want that.

I see the religion section of these fine forums are always active, and one particular aspect of faith/religions/cuilts/whatever you personally call it that has always interested me was the ide aof exorcism being done in modern time.

So, do you have any stories about exorcisms? Seen one? had family/friends to has seen one? Gone through one? Felt posessed and want to be exorcised?

Bring me ya stories, I want to read them.

What kind of exorcisms do you want to know about.

there are exorcisms of places, and people.

People are far more disturbing and dangerous.

Places, in my opinion, are easy.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

What kind of exorcisms do you want to know about.

there are exorcisms of places, and people.

People are far more disturbing and dangerous.

Places, in my opinion, are easy.

I thought you mihgt pop up in this.

people or any sentient things preferabley.

if you got place/thing stories though ill read them too

• Like 1

Ok first off, you see my name, think I'm here to argue. Well, its a good thing this isn't the psychic thread becasuenope, I don't want that.

I see the religion section of these fine forums are always active, and one particular aspect of faith/religions/cuilts/whatever you personally call it that has always interested me was the ide aof exorcism being done in modern time.

So, do you have any stories about exorcisms? Seen one? had family/friends to has seen one? Gone through one? Felt posessed and want to be exorcised?

Bring me ya stories, I want to read them.

I was with some friends one night and was accosted by a man spreading his gospel. He mentioned that there was an exorcism being preformed at the nearby hospital. I told him it was happening on the 7th floor and he got really quite and asked how I knew that. I just smiled real slow and said that they always try to keep me out, but I just find another way in.I have never seen a man so scared in my life. :devil:

Of course, I knew that the 7th floor of the hospital he was referring to was the floor used, at the time before their addition was completed, for psych patients.

• Like 2

I do wonder why the only people exorcised seem to be those who believe in possession. One would think that, if there were anything to it, atheists would be the most vulnerable.

I do wonder why the only people exorcised seem to be those who believe in possession. One would think that, if there were anything to it, atheists would be the most vulnerable.

Not really. The first step in possession is to admit the demon into your personal space by interacting with it on some level. Since atheists do not recognize even the existence of demons in the first place, that simple act alone affords a HIGH degree of immunization.

Not really. The first step in possession is to admit the demon into your personal space by interacting with it on some level. Since atheists do not recognize even the existence of demons in the first place, that simple act alone affords a HIGH degree of immunization.

Well, that and the fact that possession is complete hogwash.

Well, that and the fact that possession is complete hogwash.

Without exploring the matter more deeply, just offhand, I would say that I do not believe the majority of reported cases are genuine. But since I have not studied this subject extensively I would not dismiss it as "hogwash".

Edited by Labyrinthus

That's not true at all.

Non believers end up possessed, and then believing

I thought you mihgt pop up in this.

people or any sentient things preferabley.

if you got place/thing stories though ill read them too

Well, technically it involves client confidentiality in many cases.

And of of course for the case of a non believer, the willing suspension of disbelief.

None of the cases I've been involved with had spinning heads or levitating furniture.

I've been told they do exist, by people who have witnessed it.

My padrino, the man who trained me in Palo, is an active exorcist .

He is a bona-fide shaman in my opinion.

My high priestess in wicca, who has fifty years experience, goes to him when SHE has a problem.

I also refer cases to him, where I don't think I can handle it alone.

And no, I don't take money. If a simple cleansing needs to be dome, and I need to buy supplies, the client pays for it, but that's it.

In some cases, you just need to cleanse a space with a simple haunting.

They are not all possessions, but in one of the stages leading to possession, depending upon the entity in question.

My first case would more or less be my own. And there was no possession, but I'd say we were at the point of infestation.

It's basically what got me involved with the occult practices, to the extent I have been saturated.

I've gone on cases with padrino , which was my initial exposure to the more intense stuff involving people.

There are usually some underlying similarities in their beliefs, but not usually their mental state, which a non believer would automatically bring to the fore.

My last case I did alone, but it was stubborn.

The subject was Muslim actually, and had no Catholic guilt and no mental disease.

The experience for this person was odd, and in the end I called in help.

It's best not to do them alone really, but this person was local to me, and I didn't want to call in the troops if I don't have to .

The person had very odd physical afflictions.... And always the eyes. The eyes always scare me, because it's obvious more than one entity is looking out at you.

This is even described in Chinese medical practice, so I look at it from multiple angles.

Edited by Simbi Laveau