Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A rather depressing scenario...

ambelamba

So we make the first contact someday. The aliens seem to be somewhat peaceful, resorting on diplomacy than an all-out shoot-em-up scenario.

But here's the problem. They look down on us. Openly. Unfortunately they seem to have much higher 'moral standard' and snobbish behavior. And even worse, they are completely lack of cognitive dissonance and incoherent behaviors, unlike humans. Mental illness is a rarity. Organized religions are some kind of comedic act at best. Promiscuity is purely an animal behavior. And they set up their HQ in the middle of West LA. (ha!)

They seem to be out to insult us and crush our souls. Unfortunately, they are also cognitively superior to us, by many folds. They do not hide their contempt on us. They do help us, but not without hurtful comments.

And teh worst part: They look human, except that they all look like the prime specimens of mankind: Tall, uber muscular, little body fat, super strength, super reflexes, cheseled looks... You name it, they got it.

• Like 1

So we make the first contact someday. The aliens seem to be somewhat peaceful, resorting on diplomacy than an all-out shoot-em-up scenario.

But here's the problem. They look down on us. Openly. Unfortunately they seem to have much higher 'moral standard' and snobbish behavior. And even worse, they are completely lack of cognitive dissonance and incoherent behaviors, unlike humans. Mental illness is a rarity. Organized religions are some kind of comedic act at best. Promiscuity is purely an animal behavior. And they set up their HQ in the middle of West LA. (ha!)

They seem to be out to insult us and crush our souls. Unfortunately, they are also cognitively superior to us, by many folds. They do not hide their contempt on us. They do help us, but not without hurtful comments.

And teh worst part: They look human, except that they all look like the prime specimens of mankind: Tall, uber muscular, little body fat, super strength, super reflexes, cheseled looks... You name it, they got it.

Don't worry.

That's only one type of ET.

What about the scores of others out there that people have had close encounters with over the decades?

Just because contact is made with one strain it doesn't mean that the mystery is over.

I would still want to know where they were all from, why they were here, why the abductions, why the cattle mutilations, why all those incredible granite structures thousands of years ago, and more importantly:

What happened to Elvis?

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

I DON'T KNOW IF IT HAS OCCURD TO OTHERS OR NOT, BUT SINCE ABOUT 1947(?), THERE MUST HAVE BEEN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF 'SIGHTINGS', OR MORE, OF UFO'S. THE PROBLEM IS, THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE 'SIGHTINGS', ARE OF DIFFERENT OBJECTS. SUSPICIOUS, DON'T YOU THINK? I DON'T THINK WE'RE

'ALONE' IN THIS UNVERSE, AS THAT IS NAIVE! ONE OTHER THING; 'ALIEN' ABDUCTIONS. THESE 'ALIENS', ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FROM A VERY ADVANCED

CIVILISATION ----------------- THEN WHY HAVE THEY ABDUCTED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE? COULDN'T THEY GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME?

• Like 2

I DON'T KNOW IF IT HAS OCCURD TO OTHERS OR NOT, BUT SINCE ABOUT 1947(?), THERE MUST HAVE BEEN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF 'SIGHTINGS', OR MORE, OF UFO'S. THE PROBLEM IS, THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE 'SIGHTINGS', ARE OF DIFFERENT OBJECTS. SUSPICIOUS, DON'T YOU THINK? I DON'T THINK WE'RE

'ALONE' IN THIS UNVERSE, AS THAT IS NAIVE! ONE OTHER THING; 'ALIEN' ABDUCTIONS. THESE 'ALIENS', ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FROM A VERY ADVANCED

CIVILISATION ----------------- THEN WHY HAVE THEY ABDUCTED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE? COULDN'T THEY GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME?

hear_hear-228x300.jpg

Well the picture the scenario depicts isn't quite as depressing as the title presumes okay certainly I wouldn't like a bunch of good looking poseurs acting all smug and superior and this is my only contention with what is outlined in the first post.

However as for these beings having a higher sense of morality well that is to be welcomed in my opinion and could serve as a valuable example to us humans whose own sense of morality has seemed to lessened and was always very inconsistent anyway as it was based around hypocrisy and double standards and not true impartial morality but rather on the whims of those who wielded it. In this respect the aliens condemning the hypocritical and also violent and intolerant nature of humanity would be essential so that we could be in no doubt that our nature has no redeeming features (which it doesn't) and through this we could learn to become less like humans and gradually evolve into more tolerant and passive beings.

Edited by aimlesswalk
  • Like 1

Well the picture the scenario depicts isn't quite as depressing as the title presumes okay certainly I wouldn't like a bunch of good looking poseurs acting all smug and superior and this is my only contention with what is outlined in the first post.

However as for these beings having a higher sense of morality well that is to be welcomed in my opinion and could serve as a valuable example to us humans whose own sense of morality has seemed to lessened and was always very inconsistent anyway as it was based around hypocrisy and double standards and not true impartial morality but rather on the whims of those who wielded it. In this respect the aliens condemning the hypocritical and also violent and intolerant nature of humanity would be essential so that we could be in no doubt that our nature has no redeeming features (which it doesn't) and through this we could learn to become less like humans and gradually evolve into more tolerant and passive beings.

I agree about learning to be better from whoever we can but the premise seems flawed to me. How can they act this way AND have a better developed sense of morality - the two don't go together. As to the rest of their behavior, it might actually cause people to better themselves in general both physically and emotionally.

I agree about learning to be better from whoever we can but the premise seems flawed to me. How can they act this way AND have a better developed sense of morality - the two don't go together. As to the rest of their behavior, it might actually cause people to better themselves in general both physically and emotionally.

Well taking away the whole good looking aspect of the aliens mentioned in the first post which I wish hadn't of been included I think humanity needs to have it's faults pointed out in the strongest possible terms but instead of some good looking and mentally flawless achievers as they are depicted in the opening post they should be asexual genderless pacifists whose philosophy is centred around passivity and tolerance. They should condemn the aggressive and intolerant nature of humanity and teach us to become more passive like themselves.

This subject assumes a hypothesis contrary to fact. That doesn't mean we can't speculate on it, but we sure shouldn't be drawing moral and political conclusions.

• Like 1

This subject assumes a hypothesis contrary to fact. That doesn't mean we can't speculate on it, but we sure shouldn't be drawing moral and political conclusions.

You mean it's a very hypothetical situation?

Yes I agree.

No one out there in their right minds would venture too far into this madhouse.

Lets just run with it Eah ! THe scenario is as posted Post one : Headquarters in West L.A. Spoiled rotten Aliens,all wearing there versions of Gucci`s and Calvine Kilnes or what the Heck ever see thru nuddie space undies !

They come not In Peace,but in THe Mission to Put us in our place. Now the problem is ,What Could we do ?

1.Either Get with the Program,

2. Try to Blast-em-outta the Sky.

3.Nothing. best choice in my opinion.

4.Breed with them,Always a fun choice ! Specially If there as Hot as the Venusian`s !

5.Offer to be there Slaves and then under the table plan the Revolt and Demise !

6.JUst Let them Know that They really are Us just from the Future,and that indeed will start a psychological melt down within there Race and They Will mostlikely Bolt from our Planet.

7.ANd Last but not least ,Everyone on the Planet Jump to the Left,Step to the Right ,Put your Hands on your Hip ,And THen We all Will Live in Harmony ! :tu:

There are many types of extraterrestrials.. Only the logical types will think like that, because we are silly and act on emotion.

these type of people, arrogant poseur look down us kinda people already exist on earth we interact with these *******s every day and we still live and learn so should be no problem and there's no way I'm giving up my animal instincts!! :-)

and there's no way I'm giving up my animal instincts!! :-)

Serious question: do you really think it is simply a matter of choice?

You can't kick any habit just like that. It requires a special kind of will and in some cases special knowledge.

Edited by zoser

My point is this: How would we react when we face a situation that collectively crushes our ego and self-esteem?

My point is this: How would we react when we face a situation that collectively crushes our ego and self-esteem?

It would do the human race a lot of good to be humbled particularly at this time.

We have not treated the planet well, or the animal kingdom or ourselves for that matter.

The world's most successful nation (the US) is on the verge of total financial disaster, leaving a power vaccuum to be filled by God only knows who.

The future looks jolly bleak to me. The prospect of being humbled is the last of our problems.

If nothing comes to help out down here soon I fear it will be too late for all.

• Like 1

It would do the human race a lot of good to be humbled particularly at this time.

We have not treated the planet well, or the animal kingdom or ourselves for that matter.

The world's most successful nation (the US) is on the verge of total financial disaster, leaving a power vaccuum to be filled by God only knows who.

The future looks jolly bleak to me. The prospect of being humbled is the last of our problems.

If nothing comes to help out down here soon I fear it will be too late for all.

Thanks. I think you got my point.

• Like 1

If they are landing you should run. Interest is what is driving them through galaxies. They are hungry for resources and food. Otherwise wouldn't have left their space... Curiosity or space explorer is not a solid reason for leaving behind a galaxy ...

My two cents.

If they are landing you should run. Interest is what is driving them through galaxies. They are hungry for resources and food. Otherwise wouldn't have left their space... Curiosity or space explorer is not a solid reason for leaving behind a galaxy ...

My two cents.

You've been watching 'Signs' again haven't you?

• Like 1

You know those people who do their jobs and duties but still being snobbish and are full of badmouthing? My extended family is full of them. When I was in the military I complained a lot, but ironically I was the best chef in the entire base.

Serious question: do you really think it is simply a matter of choice?

You can't kick any habit just like that. It requires a special kind of will and in some cases special knowledge.

I think we are who we are, inhabitants on this planet have a hard time getting along with each other so what chance do we have of getting along with extraterrestials (should they happen to pass this way) and as regards kicking habits it's all down to how much you want to kick it and how strong your own personal willpower is

My two cents.

I doubt it. Where on the planet do you see stolen resources being transported off bu UFO's?

There was one case in Australia where a spherical UFO was seen sucking up water. Apart from that there is little evidence that we have what they want.

I think we are who we are.

I doubt whether any but a small handful really know what humans really are and what they could be. The UFO mystery relates to this. The mass still think that humans are one step up from apes, and have every right to display similar animal traits.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Without coming into contact with new knowledge on the subject their perceptions will come to rest there.

inhabitants on this planet have a hard time getting along with each other so what chance do we have of getting along with extraterrestials (should they happen to pass this way)

The human race largely lives in ignorance about religion and the bigger picture. Over population has not helped either.

and as regards kicking habits it's all down to how much you want to kick it and how strong your own personal willpower is

If you are talking about kicking the habit of smoking then that may well be true. What about habits of narrow thinking, prejudice, meanness, pettiness, evasion, laziness, politics, familiarity, and more?

These can not be tackled by ordinary means, and need knowledge of personal development.

Edited by zoser