Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The "Guardian" Footage

CMan0928

August 18, 1991, West Carleton, Ontario. Still the best and most compelling UFO footage I'm aware of. I actually get goosebumps watching the video because I truly believe it to be legit. Typically I'm a skeptic on this sort of subject. What's the consensus on this video here? Real or faked?

August 18, 1991, West Carleton, Ontario. Still the best and most compelling UFO footage I'm aware of. I actually get goosebumps watching the video because I truly believe it to be legit. Typically I'm a skeptic on this sort of subject. What's the consensus on this video here? Real or faked?

It is not a question of real or fake. I see fuzzy lights. What conclusions can anyone draw from the video?

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2

It is not a question of real or fake. I see fuzzy lights. What conclusions can anyone draw from the video?

Look closer. I see more than just fuzzy lights. I see a disc. The video I linked to is rather dark. Other copies online may be better. I just linked to the first one I found on YouTube.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link. With all due respect I don't believe the truck theory.

well thats up to you, its a version of events and there are many.. But I dont believe the landed ufo theory. :lol:

• Like 4

well thats up to you, its a version of events and there are many.. But I dont believe the landed ufo theory. :lol:

Fair enough. Does it look like a truck to you? In all honesty?

• Like 1

Heres a page from someone who closely investigated the case, and concluded...no ufo! Its all text so I hope youre a patient reader

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/mufonontario/archive/carp.html

• Like 4

To be honest it does not look like anything in particular to me - just lights. If there is a disc shape there, what does it mean?

• Like 1

To be honest it does not look like anything in particular to me - just lights. If there is a disc shape there, what does it mean?

I have no idea what it means. But I see the outline of what appears to be a disc. To each their own.

Heres a page from someone who closely investigated the case, and concluded...no ufo! Its all text so I hope youre a patient reader

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/mufonontario/archive/carp.html

I'm halfway through the literature there. Good stuff. I'll finish later when I have more time. Just because Oechsler was trying to "make a buck" doesn't mean the video isn't real. If just means he's trying to capitalize on what he believes is an opportunity to cash in. That may not help his cause in the eyes of a lot of people, but it doesn't disprove anything, either.

Edited by CMan0928
  • Like 1

I'm halfway through the literature there. Good stuff. I'll finish later when I have more time. Just because Oechsler was trying to "make a buck" doesn't mean the video isn't real. If just means he's trying to capitalize on what he believes is an opportunity to cash in. That may not help his cause in the eyes of a lot of people, but it doesn't disprove anything, either.

Interesting take. You are willing to accept he might be dishonest but he was not lying about the ET thing.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2

Interesting take. You are willing to accept he might be dishonest but he was not lying about the ET thing.

Where did I say or imply he might be dishonest? I simply said he might have his own motives for getting involved. Again, doesn't disprove anything. Kind of like when someone gets in a car accident and aren't really too hurt, but claim lingering injury to avoid work and/or collect wages from disability. Same difference. It doesn't mean there was never a car accident, right?

flying object yes...UFO ... yes ....alien in Origins; NO

Why? very simple ... has gotten the standard aviation flashing light on top ...

flying object yes...UFO ... yes ....alien in Origins; NO

Why? very simple ... has gotten the standard aviation flashing light on top ...

Give me a break.

• Like 1

You have to admit, there would be little purpose to a flashing light on an extraterrestrial vehicle.

People have reported flashing lights in UFO sightings since before UFO sightings became documented...

• Like 1

Give me a break.

Well actually, he is right.

People have reported flashing lights in UFO sightings since before UFO sightings became documented...

And your point?

Ask aquatus1 what his point is. Flashing lights and UFO's are synonymous. Are they not? All of a sudden a flashing light is all the proof one needs to deem this video a fake?

Seems fair enough...

erm, how would that be known if they really werent documented? Plus dont forget, people have also reported fairy sightings,

• Like 3

erm, how would that be known if they really werent documented? Plus dont forget, people have also reported fairy sightings,

Check out Mayan text or several "UFO-like" objects in artwork from hundreds of years ago. These unofficial sources mention/show flashing lights.

• Like 1

a "documented UFO = unidentified flying object" is no longer a UFO .

Your argument is a contradiction.

You are basically posting a thread, linking to an UFO sighting but claiming to be an alien spaceship due to in-existent "documentation" ...

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 2

a "documented UFO = unidentified flying object" is no longer a UFO .

Your argument is a contradiction.

What? You're missing the point. Today we have the internet, smartphones, and extremely capable portable digital cameras that fit in your pocket. They didn't have those luxuries hundreds of years ago. They had to showcase their experiences/sightings in other ways. And they did so in the most popular forms of art they had for that time period.

• Like 1

Ask aquatus1 what his point is. Flashing lights and UFO's are synonymous. Are they not? All of a sudden a flashing light is all the proof one needs to deem this video a fake?

Seems fair enough...

For many years the Catholic church received reports of parishioners forming stigmata (wounds of Christ) on their hands and feet. Hundreds if not thousands of reports every year. Some time later, a historian working for the church published a paper on crucifixions that stated it was unlikely for practical reasons the Romans nailed thought the feet and hands. He felt there was evidence to suggest the nails were driven just above the wrists (between the radius and ulna) and just above the ankles. The church accepted his idea and almost immediately new reports of stigmata had the wounds located in the new positions where they remained for several years. Another Roman scholar published a paper that contradicted the previous one and as if by magic, stigmata moved back to the original locations.

Back in the early '70s there were a few Bigfoot sightings in northern California and southern Oregon that made the national news. Almost immediately there were sightings all across the country. From Florida to Maine. Across the Great Lakes all the way back to the Cascades. Nearly every report was identical to the ones from California.

What does that have to with UFOs? People will report what is expected. We expect flashing lights and we get them.

• Like 5

For many years the Catholic church received reports of parishioners forming stigmata (wounds of Christ) on their hands and feet. Hundreds if not thousands of reports every year. Some time later, a historian working for the church published a paper on crucifixions that stated it was unlikely for practical reasons the Romans nailed thought the feet and hands. He felt there was evidence to suggest the nails were driven just above the wrists (between the radius and ulna) and just above the ankles. The church accepted his idea and almost immediately new reports of stigmata had the wounds located in the new positions where they remained for several years. Another Roman scholar published a paper that contradicted the previous one and as if by magic, stigmata moved back to the original locations.

Back in the early '70s there were a few Bigfoot sightings in northern California and southern Oregon that made the national news. Almost immediately there were sightings all across the country. From Florida to Maine. Across the Great Lakes all the way back to the Cascades. Nearly every report was identical to the ones from California.

What does that have to with UFOs? People will report what is expected. We expect flashing lights and we get them.

I disagree.

• Like 1