Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Remote 'lost world' discovered in Australia

UM-Bot

Several new vertebrate species have been found in an isolated region of northern Australia.

The discovery was made by Conrad Hoskin who was accompanied by a National Geographic film crew to the rugged Cape Melville mountain range on Cape York Peninsula. The region is believed to have been isolated for millions of years and is home to a plethora of strange and unusual creatures.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256937/remote-lost-world-discovered-in-australia

• Like 1

Not mind blowing; man hadn't gotten there yet. I hope we leave it alone.

• Like 1

Interesting, wellt this is the first step. The next one is cutting down the forest and build a spa luxury resort and a city for wealthy ppl.

• Like 1

Can we start a pool as to when the GEICO Gekko's "cousin" shows in the commercials?

This is amazing. Too bad it'll be gone soon.

• Like 1

This is what will transpire. People will want to go and see the 'lost world' for themselves and "look but not touch"(but that will not happen). Then people will want a souvenir from the 'lost world' (the attitude is always, it won't hurt anything if I take this one thing home)and before you no it. No more 'lost world'. Sound about right?

• Like 2

sounds like only the most experienced and well equipped crew could explore any of it. Be surprised if the Aus govt doesn't declare it some kind of protected wilderness.

This is what will transpire. People will want to go and see the 'lost world' for themselves and "look but not touch"(but that will not happen). Then people will want a souvenir from the 'lost world' (the attitude is always, it won't hurt anything if I take this one thing home)and before you no it. No more 'lost world'. Sound about right?

Sadly, yes. But a very cool discovery none the less. :D

• Like 1

It's Northern Queensland, Preimer Neumann will have sold the land to the mines already, so don't worry - it'll be well and truly lost shortly.

• Like 1

Perhaps the hype is aimed at the younger generation so that when they reach adulthood they could say" hey, I remember that scene when I was a kid growing up! It was a rare discovery; I wasn't aware that last discovery of that kind." Privacy? that word no-longer relevant and you my friend with the clear and present foreign substance on your undies! you threw them in the corner thinking noone will see you. Wrong! No Privacy! Perhaps there's an urgency to this knowledge.

Edited by 33SD

The title is a bit misleading to me, “Remote ‘lost world’ discovered” a leaf-tail gecko, a skink with gold colouring and a new type of frog, not quite what I pictured.. Tyrannosaurus, pterodactyls, a stackfull of dinosaurs & a race of ape-men, is what I had in mind.

Edited by Sir Rupert Von-Fritz 3rd