Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus and Mary 'appear' on Google Earth

Still Waters

An amazing image, which looks like a shrouded Jesus Christ shadowed by a prayerful Mother Mary, has been found on Google Earth.

The startling image, found at the coordinates listed below, was snapped by Google as its imaging vehicle drove along the A5 highway near Walensee, Switzerland.

http://www.bubblews....oogle-earth-pic

• Like 2

The problem is that no one knows what Jesus looked like,its assumed that he had long hair and a beard which seems to be the popular image,but its some painters imagination.

• Like 3

It's a problem with the lens. If you go take a look at it (47.110579 9.227568) and you keep going into the tunnel, you can see that the image is affected at the same exact spot as you keep going

It is quite common in Europe for there to be roadside shrines.You can often see ones to the Virgin Mary or of Jesus Crucified. There might even be a few to a particular saint. That might be what they caught.

I wonder why all the articles came out from the news sites on this thing when people have already been explaining about this same picture from years ago on discussion forums including this one.

Well, that is a letdown.

• Like 1

When I twirl around in circles my camera doesn't focus very well either... I can't be sure... But, that looks like a mountain peak taken by a camera moving at a very fast pace... -Nothing more / Nothing less

• Like 1

Funny how it’s always Jesus or Mary, it looks more like Paul & Sheila who own a fish and chip shop in Bradford to me.

You get a photo of bigfoot and everyone complains about the quality of the shot but when we get a burned piece of toast, a water mark on a wall, dirt on a window or a blur in the sky, its Jesus. :lol:

• Like 5

Are we sure its not the slender man and the women in white out on a date??

• Like 4

Someone mentioned that no one knows what Jesus looked like: a group made a head of Jesus, much like the forensic teams do with ancient skulls, where they rebuild the flesh to see what the person looked like. Of course they had no skull, but they took what people looked like in the region where Jesus came from, and built upon that. He looked dark, swarthy black hair and facial hair, prominent nose, like a middle eastern man, which makes a lot more sense than the classical "white guy" with brown hair that is so often depicted.

And there was more than one Mary, remember Mary Magdalene. That is if they existed at all of course!

• Like 1

I dunno..it looks a little bit like Lakshmi ( the Hindu goddess of wealth) either that or Sesshomaru (InuYasha's brother)

• Like 1

Someone mentioned that no one knows what Jesus looked like: a group made a head of Jesus, much like the forensic teams do with ancient skulls, where they rebuild the flesh to see what the person looked like. Of course they had no skull, but they took what people looked like in the region where Jesus came from, and built upon that. He looked dark, swarthy black hair and facial hair, prominent nose, like a middle eastern man, which makes a lot more sense than the classical "white guy" with brown hair that is so often depicted.

And there was more than one Mary, remember Mary Magdalene. That is if they existed at all of course!

Yep... if Jesus were alive and spreading the word today he'd be a sure bet for being 'detained' at checkpoints worldwide for looking like a terrorist.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

Jesus? Why not Joseph?

I've always felt sorry for Joseph. He hardly gets a mention in the tale of Jesus, all things considered.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

There is a road next to that one. If you can navigate to that road you can see them in a different angle!

Edited by MrPringle
  • Like 1

Lol. It looks like a smudge on the camera.

Also if that is Mary she looks fat to me, maybe pregnant. So maybe its Mary Magdalene pregnant with Jesus's baby. I dunno.

Must be a smudge or issues with camera.

• Like 1

Jesus is from research `is a illuminati creation.i still am doing more research not finished yet but its a false creation though as for the virgin marry well not sure yet tom be honest.you can look it up yourself's not trying to break anybodies hopes or beliefs here.the vatican took over they sound like a group of people called the illuminati jesuits.

I've always felt sorry for Joseph. He hardly gets a mention in the tale of Jesus, all things considered.

Just like Andrew Ridgley in Wham, George Michael stole the limelight. Now I am going to dance to 'Club Tropicana', :su :su

• Like 1