Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Man dies after eating wife's homemade curry

8 posts in this topic

A man collapsed and died after suffering an allergic reaction to coconut milk which his wife was using to make a curry, an inquest heard.

Marcus Sweet started complaining of a sore throat within minutes of tasting the paste-like substance given to him by wife Julie.

http://www.telegraph...onut-cream.html

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like my wife cooking me a meal.Its normally under cooked meat that she tries on me though

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife fed me some tacos one time she made that I now non-affectionately refer to as Devil Tacos. I told her that if had been rich, and she stood to get anything from my death, I would have sworn she tried to poison me.

Mike

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he died from her curry recipe, I can't imagine how bad her meatloaf must be. :whistle:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a bit wary of Mrs.E's cooking every since I discovered the cookery teacher at her school was Lucrezia Borgia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the forum index the title says "Man dies after eating wife...". lol

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like my wife cooking me a meal.Its normally under cooked meat that she tries on me though

My girl tried the same thing on me one day with an under cooked chicken kiev , she blamed the oven :whistle:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is amusing, but if you read the article, it's really not.

This is one of the most horrific calls for a medical professional, especially a First Responder. Aka, Paramedic

. The article actually says the medic on the scene Froze for a few minutes and did nothing, because the man's presentation was so horrific.

A medic with thrifty years experience. Thus guys face and tongue swelled up, and I've seen this, it's scary. Like horror movie scary. The tongue looks like an inflated balloon too big for the mouth, and it turns purple.

The breathing turned into a death rattle, and the medic was just not coping well.

I once had a call, where the patient was allergic to mangos.

He had helped his mom go shopping. She got a mango.

He picked it up to put it away.

Picked it up, touched it with his hand, and we got there within six minutes.

The guy was dead on the ground.

Completely closed airways, nothing worked.

24 years old. And he died from touching a mango.

So.... I know I'm no fun, but I find no humor in this, as this man in the article died horribly, and not quickly.

He was terrified.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.