Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Monsanto Protection Act Has Been Repealed

aztek

The bill, which passed both the House and the Senate on October 16, was a triumph of citizen involvement. Because of your emails, letters, and phone calls, and the hard work of a coalition of other organizations who joined together in this fight, we were able to wipe out the Monsanto Protection Act. The provision, which stripped federal courts of the authority to halt the sale and planting of potentially hazardous genetically engineered crops, was inserted at the last minute in a funding bill back in March by allies of Monsanto and other GMO companies, but it is now history. (If you wish to read it for yourself, Section 101(1) of the bill contains the repeal language.)

more here; http://www.anh-usa.org/monsanto-protection-act-has-been-repealed/

• Like 1

Yay!

• Like 1

Can't believe it... if I were a cynic I would say that Congress wants to improve their approval rating... If I were a big cynic I'd say: nice try!

• Like 5

If anyone can find a link about who voted /yes/no thatd be cool. I couldent find it.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Don't worry, there'll be something else done on the quiet to revoke the repeal, mark my cynical as all hell words.

Don't worry, there'll be something else done on the quiet to revoke the repeal, mark my cynical as all hell words.

Of course. Monsanto has way too much cash to go down without a fight.