Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why the Government lies about Bigfoot?

Midyin

So I've seen in many a thread on here people claiming that the US Government hides/destroys evidence of the existence of Bigfoot, but why?..

What does the Government have to gain or lose that would encourage them to not only get involved, but go threw the trouble of hiding the fact that Bigfoot exist?...

Guest Nathan DiYorio

Pulling out the big ifs...

If bigfeet were real, they would probably be extremely endangered. This, combined with the swarming mythos they've generated, would put the species into extreme danger of extinction should their existence be proven. Hush-ups might simply be to conserve the species, much as what happens when various officials attempt to reintroduce controversial specimens to a specific area.

Edited by Nathan DiYorio

None of the claims of the government suppressing/destroying evidence have ever been proven true. It's just a way for the believers to try to validate the existence of a creature that the evidence for it's existence is lacking.

• Like 2

The truth, and there are YouTbue videos to prove it, is that Bigfoot is the secret to immortality so obviously Them, The Powers That Be Powers, don't want us to have access to it.

• Like 3

It's an Area 51 thing. They have to cover up the Foots (they are alien life forms, you know, brought here by all those UFO's) for fear of what the general populace might do

• Like 3

So I've seen in many a thread on here people claiming that the US Government hides/destroys evidence of the existence of Bigfoot, but why?..

What does the Government have to gain or lose that would encourage them to not only get involved, but go threw the trouble of hiding the fact that Bigfoot exist?...

The catholic church. The catholic church has deep ties with our government and social fabric. They exert extreme pressure to hide any manifestations of anything that might cause conflict with biblical accounts and therefore, their mental hold over 100s of millions of people. Imagine if all them began to question the church overnight with the exposure of irrefutable proof of bigfoot? The Pope and the Vatican franchise would be begging with tin cups in a jiffy. Rich men like to stay that way..

The bible says that God created mankind as the only "man" around; master of all he sees, second only to God. The existence of a 9 foot tall sub-version still around and not described in the bible that can snap homo sapiens like a twig would set all that premise on its head, wouldn't it?

Ergo, bigfoot MUST NOT exist. Even if it does...

bigfoot's hardly the Babelfish, the Catholic Church (we're not Bond villains you know) would just go "meh, we told you Goliath was real" and move on to more important things like extracting sunbeams from cucumbers.

• Like 3

great question, I can only speculate, of course..

I think BF's and other hard to catch huge creatures like them (ie thunderbird) may or may not have a UFO connection but they seem to be interdimensional and whole new worlds are out there that Big Giv does not want to lay on people at this time. It is probably mind blowing to know where they come from.

just an opinion.

When your grasping at straws to explain away the fact that there is still zero physical evidence to support your belief, even the most ludicous excuses can eventually become legitamate and valid. I never understood this angle myself. How the hell would it benefit the government to suppress proof of a newly discovered animal? I suppose so that the dogmatic scientific orthodoxy isn't disprupted, thereby upsetting the precarious balance that our fragile society depends on to function properly. Stupid excuse I take it.

Why would the government cover up Bigfoots?

Seriously, why would they do such a thing? It would be like saying the Government was trying to cover up evidence that Jack rabbits exist.

The claims of government cover ups are just a part of the whine from those that have nothing to show for all of their nutty claims. It's just a pathetic effort to justify the lack of evidence of those making that particular claim.

If this is really a government cover up then we can see how poorly the government does a cover up. There are TV shows about bigfoot. There are DNA reports of opossum that are supposed to be bigfoot. There are all sorts of plaster casts of whatever that are supposed to be bigfoot. There are supposed to be bigfoot in Georgia freezers. There are people claiming to be bigfoot experts. There are books on bigfoot.

Looks like the ebil gummint aint too swift at covering thangs up.

The claims of government cover ups are just a part of the whine from those that have nothing to show for all of their nutty claims. It's just a pathetic effort to justify the lack of evidence of those making that particular claim.

If this is really a government cover up then we can see how poorly the government does a cover up. There are TV shows about bigfoot. There are DNA reports of opossum that are supposed to be bigfoot. There are all sorts of plaster casts of whatever that are supposed to be bigfoot. There are supposed to be bigfoot in Georgia freezers. There are people claiming to be bigfoot experts. There are books on bigfoot.

Looks like the ebil gummint aint too swift at covering thangs up.

Ah! But that is the genius of it!

They allow a select few to serve as disinformation conduits. Crappy hairy costumes in freezers and opossum DNA is exactly the kind of stuff the gubmint wants to get out. To keep Biff controversial, on the fringe, outside the interest of science! :P

Edited by QuiteContrary

Money (logging). But that's if, and, and but.

Oh, right! Good point. Mining and logging would be hugely disrupted if a rare giant primate were allowed to have all its evidence documented and acknowledged by the public. So they hide it all in the basement of the Smithsonian. How I'd love to get in there!

LOL, the government(s) (don't forget Canada too) are too busy killing Obamacare, snooping into your private emails, selling parts of the continent to China, and keeping the Greys from invading to mess with going to remote locations and cleaning up after Bigfoot.

My brother thinks bigfoot sightings are sightings of hippies. The government hates hippies.

I still say the catholic church [and BigLogging, true] would unravel if bigfoot were acknowledged as a species. If homo sapiens is not the biggest primate biped around, if there are others, then the bible might be watered down a bit more than they're comfy with. Notice the Vatican recently did an about face on life from outer space. They'd lose a lot of followers if they kept insisting the earth is the center of the universe, or that homo sapiens is the most mighty biped on earth.

I still say the catholic church [and BigLogging, true] would unravel if bigfoot were acknowledged as a species. If homo sapiens is not the biggest primate biped around, if there are others, then the bible might be watered down a bit more than they're comfy with. Notice the Vatican recently did an about face on life from outer space. They'd lose a lot of followers if they kept insisting the earth is the center of the universe, or that homo sapiens is the most mighty biped on earth.

I don't think it would affect the church at all. The discovery of neandertals didn't do much.

Which threads are those and which members are saying this?

Because I've been very active here for more than 3 years and can't recall seeing that theory espoused more than a couple of times.

Edited by Rafterman

Seriously, why would they do such a thing? It would be like saying the Government was trying to cover up evidence that Jack rabbits exist.

Because Bigfoot is the result of escaped alien/human hybrid breeding experiments that the government needs to keep secret. Yes, that's an actual claim I've come across.

As an ex-Catholic, I've never been subject to the idea that humans are special for being the biggest bipedal primates around. Is that really a Catholic thing? We're considered special alright, but because we're the biggest primates that walk on two feet? Never heard that before.

The Catholic Church survived heliocentrism and evolution. It'll easily survive some new species of primate being discovered and won't collapse like a house of cards because there's something un-Catholic about large primate bipeds.

Is there any evidence of Catholic Church agents in North America being involved in this cover-up? What form does it take? How would the Catholic Church cover up the existence of large bipedal primates in remote North American forests? Hunting them to extinction? Threatening Bigfoot hunters with violence to hand over the good photos and videos only leaving the blobsquatch photos behind? Enquiring minds want to know...