Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

former canadian defence minister on aliens

qxcontinuum

Now this one is a very interesting official declaration.

Zoser..you'd love this one... the minister is describing numerous alien races, interstellar politics, etc...

[media=]

[/media] Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

QX you're a little late, this was posted, and ripped to shreds earlier, allow me to post one of my responses

so the only thing I can really see that causes a stir is that he is an ex Defence Minister. Who in later years has began to reveal he believes in ET.

So in the respect, he is no more credible than you or I stating what we believe in. None of us have proof of ET or proof of contact, so just stating what you believe is neither here nor there.

Read this article after Ive quoted this bit from it:

quote: "For someone like Hellyer, however - a guy who once stood at the pinnacle of the Canadian political system, and then proceeded to flush his once-promising career down the toilet over a period of three decades, to the point where he exists now as little more than the answer to a trivia question ("what idiot put the Canadian navy and air force in army green?") - it isn't the size of the pond that matters anymore, but the size of the fish. Particularly when he's the fish.

Most important to the ETH proponents (and their more radical off-shoots, the True Believers), he was a VIP (sure, that was forty years ago, but they'll take what they can get these days).

He was going to blow the roof off the joint.

He was going to expose secrets.

In the words of one of the event organizers when he introduced Hellyer this past Sunday, "we are here today witnessing history."

As Hellyer's fellow speaker, exopolitics-activist / conspiracy theorist Steven Bassett, wrote:

"The Toronto Symposium will break new ground. It will mark the first time in history that any defense minister or secretary of defense of any first world nation (and possibly any nation) will state publicly that he or she is convinced the UFO phenomenon is extraterrestrial in origin."

And then The Big Fish opened his mouth.

THUD.

In short, it seems that the Big Fish has become the Big Flop.

Why?

Because they've finally figured out that he doesn't know anything, at least not in an official capacity.

Worse, he's not just another believer. He's an exopolitical, Phil Corso-reading believer.

More

http://redstarfilms....fish-flops.html

Prev thread (which didnt last very long)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=249063&st=0&p=4801288&hl=+paul%20+hellyerentry4801288

• Like 2

Has the UFO season gone into reruns already? There's a reason this guy is a former defense minister.

Why do you always need a reservation Mr S?

I personally find extremely interesting that a former minister and by such rank will come forward making such strong claims.

Although my believes towards UFO's are very dimmed right now, I cannot easily digest the scenario that this guy is another "nut case"

• Like 1

QX you're a little late, this was posted, and ripped to shreds earlier, allow me to post one of my responses

so the only thing I can really see that causes a stir is that he is an ex Defence Minister. Who in later years has began to reveal he believes in ET.

Better to take the content piece by piece and comment on it rather than make baseless umbrella statements.

So what are your points against his address?

I personally find extremely interesting that a former minister and by such rank will come forward making such strong claims.

Although my believes towards UFO's are very dimmed right now, I cannot easily digest the scenario that this guy is another "nut case"

Me neither but I'm only half way through. I'll give you my thoughts shortly. Thanks for sharing.

This is one guy I find of interest.

I have viewed quite a bit of his material and can not see any reason for him to openly and blatanly lie.

Has the UFO season gone into reruns already? There's a reason this guy is a former defense minister.

Exactly. No matter the topic, truth-telling while in office is most rare and usually leads to quick retirement. Think Jocelyn Elders.

• Like 2

Exactly. No matter the topic, truth-telling while in office is most rare and usually leads to quick retirement. Think Jocelyn Elders.

yups, he was sacked for simply opening his mouth... good thing they didn't kill him... :rolleyes:

And then The Big Fish opened his mouth.

THUD.

In short, it seems that the Big Fish has become the Big Flop.

Why?

Because they've finally figured out that he doesn't know anything, at least not in an official capacity.

Worse, he's not just another believer. He's an exopolitical, Phil Corso-reading believer.

:whistle:

It was a weird address.

He laid out a few snippets that are pretty common knowledge about different types of aliens. Linda M Howe gets a mention as does Charles Hall and his famous description of the 'Tall Whites'.

He makes out that he is holding a couple of pieces of information back on the basis that it would not be good for us to know and that it may all come out some time in the future.

He then goes on to describe the US working with aliens, and a conspiracy theory involving elite groups of individuals (iIluminati) who he thinks have some grand plan that is against the public interest and against which there is no defense.

He finished with a new age style appeal that to embrace our spirituality and reach out to all forms of life would be in out best interests.

Weird. Painfully short on detail.

I learned nothing new there myself, but I'm more intrigued by why he would make such a curious seemingly empty address?

Edited by zoser

the point is regardless if true or false if an official is still empowered , he cannot make disclosures of any kinds. The fact that he did not do it in the past doesn't prove really anything...

• Like 1

It was a weird address.

He laid out a few snippets that are pretty common knowledge about different types of aliens. Linda M Howe gets a mention as does Charles Hall and his famous description of the 'Tall Whites'.

He makes out that he is holding a couple of pieces of information back on the basis that it would not be good for us to know and that it may all come out some time in the future.

He then goes on to describe the US working with aliens, and a conspiracy theory involving elite groups of individuals (iIluminati) who he thinks have some grand plan that is against the public interest and against which there is no defense.

He finished with a new age style appeal that to embrace out spirituality and reach out to all forms of life would be in out best interests.

I learned nothing new there myself, but I'm more intrigued by why he would make such a curious seemingly empty address?

Exactly. An interesting ramble though. Another persons perspective I guess.

the point is regardless if true or false if an official is still empowered , he cannot make disclosures of any kinds. The fact that he did not do it in the past doesn't prove really anything...

Agreed.

But all of that info could have been gleaned off the internet in less than a couple of hours. Does that help to validate anything or is it just Chinese whispers?

I'm thinking James Forrestal.

• Like 2

Agreed.

But all of that info could have been gleaned off the internet in less than a couple of hours. Does that help to validate anything or is it just Chinese whispers?

I don't know, but i find it quite unusual that such VIP has the courage to speak like that ... i guess it doesn't really validate anything ... it is is either True or False

It was a weird address.

He finished with a new age style appeal that to embrace our spirituality and reach out to all forms of life would be in out best interests.

Nothing new? He described the members of the Cabal and Illuminati.

It all just reinforces the Golden Rule. Those who have the gold, make the rules.

That sounds like the Rothschild Family. How many $$$ Billions ?

This is one guy I find of interest.

I have viewed quite a bit of his material and can not see any reason for him to openly and blatanly lie.

That has no bearing on whether or not he could be openly and blatantly mistaken.

Zoser..you'd love this one... the minister is describing numerous alien races, interstellar politics, etc...

repost-781091.jpg.jpeg

• Like 1

He is just another nut case.

You to can be privy to all the secrets he can access, have a look at his speeches, 90% of the time he is just reciting Brad Sparks books.

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-06-12%2520at%25202.00.14%2520PM.png

He does not give speeches, he gives recitals.

As nutty as it gets. The appeal to authority is not enough to support his whacky stories. Just listening to him for like 5 minutes ought to be enough to realise this. Pilots and ET discussing flight maneuvers? I mean seriously?

• Like 1

I kinda feel sorry for that guy.

Me too, the ravages of age are bad enough, but when they hit the mind, it seems a shame that the last thoughts of a person would be that he was a loon after managing to achieve a more than respectable position in life, even if he was a post turtle. If my kids let me go out in this fashion, I am going to haunt their backsides forever.

Edited by psyche101

Do you actually think that is what is happening here?

Seriously?

• Like 1

It all just reinforces the Golden Rule. Those who have the gold, make the rules.

So the people who were smart enough to turn nothing into gold should not be making informed decisions, you feel it should be the people who were not smart enough to get noticed or even make an impression in the first place?

How is that going to work? I would think rather badly?