Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

16-Foot Tall Reptilian Stork, Big as a Girafe

seeder

Absurd Creature of the Week: The 16-Foot-Tall Reptilian Stork That Delivered Death Instead of Babies

Quetz was part of a family known as the giant azhdarchid pterosaurs, which include the similarly sized Arambourgiania philadelphiae, shown at right. When in flight, their enormity would have prohibited them from vigorous flapping, so instead these were likely highly proficient gliders, according to Mark Witton, a paleontologist, paleoartist, and author of the book Pterosaurs.

http://www.wired.com...the-week-quetz/

*Snip*

And

9 things you may not know about giant azhdarchid pterosaurs

http://markwitton-co...bout-giant.html

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
  • Like 1

Reminds me of an old joke:

Where do dinosaurs come from?

They're delivered by pterodactyls!

• Like 1

Reminds me of an old joke:

Where do dinosaurs come from?

They're delivered by pterodactyls!

Can you imagine one of those things zooming down on you at night? Sheer terror!!

It still weirds me out to think that the entire planet, top to bottom, used to be covered in gigantic lizards! It's like the plot from a horrible B-movie...

• Like 2

It still weirds me out to think that the entire planet, top to bottom, used to be covered in gigantic lizards! It's like the plot from a horrible B-movie...

:tu: And man may never have existed unless they got wiped out either

• Like 1

Ever since i saw my first swan trying to take off from a lake and losing all its dignity in process, i wondered HOW THE HECK those beasts might have made it up in the sky. They're only half as terrifying when you imagine them jumping up and down in the wind or trying to climb up a hill that would allow them to take off from.... ;)

• Like 1