Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Resh

Satanic 80s toys

23 posts in this topic

And Yes, I also noticed how Darth Vader looks almost exactly like Odin

Edited by Spiritus Spacium

Laser Tag shoots infrared.Infrared is the wavelength of heat, and cannot be seen by the naked eye.Hell is heat, and cannot be seen.

Darn Devil toys!

It's sad how afraid they are of all these things they don't want their kids to get into. Like, homosexuality, a religion that's out of the 'norm', or what they call 'occult', mental telepathy etc..

Like come on, I don't think a 5 year olds gunna draw a pentagram and start worshipping Satan from playing with a toy.

2 people like this

I think some of those toys he was showing are worthy some money now. I have seen similar shows from that time all were funny and a bit out there. People and their imaginations .... :)

1 person likes this

That is so stupid, it's mind boggling.

And know what the worst things about it were, that UGLY plaid chair, and that goober guys hair.

It has more gel in it than a pudding pop.

3 people like this

Hold on, that guys' the author of a book about stuff from the 80s? Well, this must be proof of time travel, since that supposed Pastor's hairstyle and 'tache are straight out of 70s *spam filter*s.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
2 people like this

"There are some things about Smurfs that we need to look at." :yes:

3 people like this

"There are some things about Smurfs that we need to look at." :yes:

Actually, things with blue hair and black lips, are many Hindu gods.

But I find no problem with them, but that guy is an intolerant git, so....

Actually, things with blue hair and black lips, are many Hindu gods.

But I find no problem with them, but that guy is an intolerant git, so....

he pretty much seemed to see Hinduism as the same thing as Satanism, didn't he.

2 people like this

There was an "evangelical" tv show back in the early 80's that invited some of the 'demonic rock stars' on to their show for 'a discussion of satanic influence in rock and roll'...

One of them accepted (Sadly I can't remember his name)... He showed up wearing a nice suit and was very polite and friendly, letting them talk for a while... When the host made a comment about

backward masking (all the rage back then - whether it really occurred or not) the rock star nodded and spoke up...

He calmly told them that yes, he had heard all the stories about backward masking satanic phrasing in heavy metal music.. and so - to be able to make a fair, unbiased decision on the matter he went out

and bought the record they were talking about (Stairway to Heaven, by Led Zepplin I believe)... he went on a bit about how expensive and powerful his stereo was and how he cued up the record

just right and listened closely... Then he said "And Yes... then I heard it!" (the hosts of the show all leaned forward smiling - thinking he was going to support their position)... "I very plainly heard the words:"

(he spent almost a full minute making bizarre distorted almost drunken sounding "words" that made absolutely no sense, then he continued) "And I immediately went out and worshiped Satan... You people

are stupid!" he proceeded to rant at them about their gullibility and ignorance, until the show "went to station break"... when it came back he was nowhere to be found and his part of the show wasn't even

mentioned again - like it never happened, though the hosts looked rather shell shocked...

Funniest thing I ever saw on one of those shows....

3 people like this

I watched Marilyn Manson calmly debate a frazzled Christian lady once. It was quite funny, and I found out that I really liked him.

hmm first you'd have to believe in satan...

There was an "evangelical" tv show back in the early 80's that invited some of the 'demonic rock stars' on to their show for 'a discussion of satanic influence in rock and roll'...

One of them accepted (Sadly I can't remember his name)... He showed up wearing a nice suit and was very polite and friendly, letting them talk for a while... When the host made a comment about

backward masking (all the rage back then - whether it really occurred or not) the rock star nodded and spoke up...

He calmly told them that yes, he had heard all the stories about backward masking satanic phrasing in heavy metal music.. and so - to be able to make a fair, unbiased decision on the matter he went out

and bought the record they were talking about (Stairway to Heaven, by Led Zepplin I believe)... he went on a bit about how expensive and powerful his stereo was and how he cued up the record

just right and listened closely... Then he said "And Yes... then I heard it!" (the hosts of the show all leaned forward smiling - thinking he was going to support their position)... "I very plainly heard the words:"

(he spent almost a full minute making bizarre distorted almost drunken sounding "words" that made absolutely no sense, then he continued) "And I immediately went out and worshiped Satan... You people

are stupid!" he proceeded to rant at them about their gullibility and ignorance, until the show "went to station break"... when it came back he was nowhere to be found and his part of the show wasn't even

mentioned again - like it never happened, though the hosts looked rather shell shocked...

i would love to have seen that show!

Oh man. I wish I knew who it was

I found these.

I found these.

[media=]

if you ask me both these guys are whacked lol

these sound really scripted too

And Yes, I also noticed how Darth Vader looks almost exactly like Odin

Say what? o.O

The band Judas Priest actually did a similar thing in court when they were sued by parents of a moron who shot himself after allegedly hearing hidden messages on one of their records.

1 person likes this

The band Judas Priest actually did a similar thing in court when they were sued by parents of a moron who shot himself after allegedly hearing hidden messages on one of their records.

Kids don't believe it now but these backwards messages in pop songs were serious serious stuff back in the 80's. Now anyone can rip a CD and play it backwards on their phone or PC and post the results on the Internet. Back then it took clever tricks. We recorded stuff on cassettes, opened them up, and switched the reels. Not a lot of people went through the trouble to do this so they just assumed that the folk who did this knew what they were doing.

There are web sites that have all the details but I remember Jesus freaks getting all worked up about "Another One Bites the Dust" encouraging us to "Decide to Smoke Marijuana" and "Stairway to Heaven" being a long poem praising the power of Satan. They had no doubt that rock 'n' roll stars were purposely writing lyrics to brainwash our youth into the grasp of the Devil. The Christian groups never actually played these backwards recordings for anyone. Instead they printed transcript after transcript of the shocking backwards lyrics that they said they were clearly hearing in popular songs. Christians don't lie so it had to be true!

It wasn't true. When sane people listened to these backwards recordings they discovered that it took a tremendous amount of "interpretation" to find any meaning in the gibberish. The most convincing backwards lyric was found in the Mr. Ed's theme song. The words "That is, of course, unless the horse" sounded very close to "Someone sa[ng] this so[ng] for Satan". It was a little hard to believe that a song from a late fifties television show was written by a Satan worshiper.

Kids don't believe it now but these backwards messages in pop songs were serious serious stuff back in the 80's. Now anyone can rip a CD and play it backwards on their phone or PC and post the results on the Internet. Back then it took clever tricks. We recorded stuff on cassettes, opened them up, and switched the reels. Not a lot of people went through the trouble to do this so they just assumed that the folk who did this knew what they were doing.

There are web sites that have all the details but I remember Jesus freaks getting all worked up about "Another One Bites the Dust" encouraging us to "Decide to Smoke Marijuana" and "Stairway to Heaven" being a long poem praising the power of Satan. They had no doubt that rock 'n' roll stars were purposely writing lyrics to brainwash our youth into the grasp of the Devil. The Christian groups never actually played these backwards recordings for anyone. Instead they printed transcript after transcript of the shocking backwards lyrics that they said they were clearly hearing in popular songs. Christians don't lie so it had to be true!

It wasn't true. When sane people listened to these backwards recordings they discovered that it took a tremendous amount of "interpretation" to find any meaning in the gibberish. The most convincing backwards lyric was found in the Mr. Ed's theme song. The words "That is, of course, unless the horse" sounded very close to "Someone sa[ng] this so[ng] for Satan". It was a little hard to believe that a song from a late fifties television show was written by a Satan worshiper.

Well I blame the horse. He knew what he was doing. Always had a sneaking suspicion something wasn't normal about mr ed.

Of course there were a number of real backwards lyrics inserted by groups. I thnk the beatles did one or two for fun.

http://en.wikipedia....masked_messages

Edited by Mr Walker