Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things God Did Not Create

Ben Masada

Poincarre's recurrence theorem says that 10^10^10^10^10^1.1 years after the universe reaches it's state of maximum entropy it will tunnel to it's original state and bang we do it all again

So much to do, and so little time to get it done in.

• Like 2

I take it life is okay for you and that's enough, regardless of the suffering that goes on all the time.

The goal in life is to try and be content with it, whether you're going through hard times, or prospering. The last few years for me haven't exactly been a walk in the park, so I'm not saying this in the callous way someone who has no suffering tells someone who is to suck it up, grin, and bear it. Despite the hardships of the last few years, I still love life.

The goal in life is to try and be content with it, whether you're going through hard times, or prospering. The last few years for me haven't exactly been a walk in the park, so I'm not saying this in the callous way someone who has no suffering tells someone who is to suck it up, grin, and bear it. Despite the hardships of the last few years, I still love life.

That is what I have come to relise PA, being content, searching for happiness can be a never ending circle of happiness to unhappiness, However I have found it somewhat easier to maintain a peacefull contentness for my life.

• Like 1

That is what I have come to relise PA, being content, searching for happiness can be a never ending circle of happiness to unhappiness, However I have found it somewhat easier to maintain a peacefull contentness for my life.

I think happiness is just a state of mind and comes and goes. For me the important thing is self respect and living my life in a manner where I can look in the mirror every morning and like the person I see there
  • Like 1

Yea I think generally we are best off just ignoring all the stuff about happiness and tranquility and dignity and respect and whatnot. If one has suicidal impulses then one needs an antidepressant prescription. Otherwise we are what we are.

Yea I think generally we are best off just ignoring all the stuff about happiness and tranquility and dignity and respect and whatnot. If one has suicidal impulses then one needs an antidepressant prescription. Otherwise we are what we are.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

How then should humans have learned to be happy before anti depressants were invented? One interesting answer I read in the new scientist was, "They invented religion"

From the physics side of the coin no creator was necessary as the universe could have started from natural processes. No creator required

And what caused the natural processes so that the universe could result from? Know what I mean? You must know already by now where I am heading to. But go ahead and answer me that question.

Well looking at what we do know, and looking at Genesis which goes against Cosmology.Anyone with a reasoned, and educated mind can see that a fairy tale did not create the universe.

Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Since I put my question this time not under religion but Physics, I still haven't got an answer. I agree though that a fairy tale did not create the universe; what happened then, did the universe create itself or

was created by something else?

There may be only one big bang and it is an ongoing event, of which we are a bubble. Then again in an existence of infinite dimensions who knows what may be going on.

If the big bang was a random occurrence, it would be so incredibly rare that another in our universe is just not to be expected.

But to continue with my question this time under Physics, what caused the incredible and rare ongoing event of the big bang? Don't get annoyed as I am just trying to prove that Science does not have an answer to what caused the big bang. Only Logic allied with

Theology and Philosophy does, but I don't want to get into that now as I am still giving Science the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

But to continue with my question this time under Physics, what caused the incredible and rare ongoing event of the big bang? Don't get annoyed as I am just trying to prove that Science does not have an answer to what caused the big bang.

Science doesn't have an answer for a lot of things, so? How many times does God have to be shoved out of a gap in our knowledge before we start thinking that maybe he's not that great an 'answer' to things we don't understand? We don't know how rare the Big Bang is, how have you calculated your probability?

Only Logic allied with Theology and Philosophy does, but I don't want to get into that now as I am still giving Science the benefit of the doubt.

Does this supposed 'answer' actually have any good evidence to support it? I really don't get why you keep bringing this topic up, its been rebutted countless times, and I am skeptical that there are that many theologists or philosophers who have the scientific expertise to address the complexity of physics concerning this type of question anyway for them to actually provide educated 'answers'.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

How then should humans have learned to be happy before anti depressants were invented? One interesting answer I read in the new scientist was, "They invented religion"

I was going to say alcohol.

And what caused the natural processes so that the universe could result from? Know what I mean? You must know already by now where I am heading to. But go ahead and answer me that question.

Stop asking leading questions. I'm never going to give the answer you want. I think the universe recycles itself continually. But that is just my opinion. It is possible that there was a first cause creator but one was not necessary and I see no reason to think there was
  • Like 2

Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Since I put my question this time not under religion but Physics, I still haven't got an answer. I agree though that a fairy tale did not create the universe; what happened then, did the universe create itself or

was created by something else?

Science does not know yet, but Science knows why people hear voices in their head, and can have imaginary friends.

Science doesn't have an answer for a lot of things, so? How many times does God have to be shoved out of a gap in our knowledge before we start thinking that maybe he's not that great an 'answer' to things we don't understand? We don't know how rare the Big Bang is, how have you calculated your probability?

Does this supposed 'answer' actually have any good evidence to support it? I really don't get why you keep bringing this topic up, its been rebutted countless times, and I am skeptical that there are that many theologists or philosophers who have the scientific expertise to address the complexity of physics concerning this type of question anyway for them to actually provide educated 'answers'.

It's not that difficult. All one needs is a little reading. We know quantum tunneling happens, we know virtual particles emerge. We also know that they can happen to the extremes in between extreme times. The universe that we know of was most likely created by a quantum mass tunneling event. If that's not the way it was created, then one certainly will be created by that method at done point. All the Math and evidence is right in front of us.

• Like 2

That's what I have been shooting for, an expert to answer my question about the origin of the universe. Do you think the universe could have caused itself to exist? I don't think so because it would be illogical as nothing can cause itself to exist. Some thing

must have preceded it to cause it to exist. Do you have any idea?

Stop asking leading questions. I'm never going to give the answer you want. I think the universe recycles itself continually. But that is just my opinion. It is possible that there was a first cause creator but one was not necessary and I see no reason to think there was

All right, I am ready to give you the benefit of the doubt. If the first cause-creator was not necessary, what could have caused

the universe to begin? I know you do not know it. I insist with the question because atheists like to project themselves as knowing for sure that God does not exist. To know such a thing I thought they could provide us with an alternative in terms of a

probability and not to deny upfront.

Science does not know yet, but Science knows why people hear voices in their head, and can have imaginary friends.

Oh! Okay, when you guys claim that God does not exist and you claim now that Science does not know it, why are atheists so ready

to assert that there is no Creator for the created things? It doesn't sound logical to me. How could created things not have been

created?

Oh! Okay, when you guys claim that God does not exist and you claim now that Science does not know it, why are atheists so ready

to assert that there is no Creator for the created things? It doesn't sound logical to me. How could created things not have been

created?

The only people being consistent here are the agnostics. They admit they don't know.

Doug

That's what I have been shooting for, an expert to answer my question about the origin of the universe. Do you think the universe could have caused itself to exist? I don't think so because it would be illogical as nothing can cause itself to exist. Some thing

Science has not answer - There I said what you want to here. Yay you must be right.

There was no time, no space, no nothing to cause anything to happen. In the realm of nothingness, it is possible to have an event without a cause. Just like your creator can 'always have existed' Yes, this is crazy to think about, but the nature of time and space just isnt as simple, as hours and mintues.

The God of the Gaps, or the Nothing did it, still brings the same question, How?

How did nothing just happen?

How is God, God!? To me, I am more satifyied, knowing that nothing happened to make everything happen, than I am with a God. A God brings to many questions that would be impossiable to answer, thus enquiring knowledge - More universal knowlede, pointless - I guess thats why God didnt want us to eat the apple, ignorance is bliss!

Edited by The Id3al Experience

"......He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end. "(Ecclesiastes 3:11 NASB)

This why the Science & Theology debates will continue. We have an inborn knowledge that "there's more to life than this," though we can never quite find the answers in Science alone. Science is good, but science is inadequate to cause people to "love one another" and inspire us to seek justice and love mercy. Science alone is sterile.

I was going to say alcohol.

Sadly a lot more dangerous invention than religion. but it is true that it can serve the same purpose. Having been a heavy if not habituated drinker in my youth I can understand its attraction; but also not having touched it for 40 years, I know it is not needed for any purpose, including to be happy. It is strange to me how some people see religion as a crutch for humans but can't see alcohol as exactly the same thing.
  • Like 1

"......He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end. "(Ecclesiastes 3:11 NASB)

This why the Science & Theology debates will continue. We have an inborn knowledge that "there's more to life than this," though we can never quite find the answers in Science alone. Science is good, but science is inadequate to cause people to "love one another" and inspire us to seek justice and love mercy. Science alone is sterile.

Although I agree, that science will not be able to find all the answer, I disagree that "science is inadequate to cause people to "love one another" "

Yes science is sterile, because it is a tool. Does a Hammer make you love one another? I dont think so.

However this tool has made us more humble in my opinion, although some use this tool to empower and advance ourself. Science has taught us, that we are apart of nature, we came from the star stuff. This to me and a massive thing to bring people together. Whereas regilon has taught us that we are above everything else, that the universe was made specifically to us. Woman as property, lesser beings. To me, theology seperated us from what is. To me the tool of science has advance us to Gods in the eyes of the acients.

Edited by The Id3al Experience

My idea is that the universe continually recycles itself

Sadly a lot more dangerous invention than religion. but it is true that it can serve the same purpose. Having been a heavy if not habituated drinker in my youth I can understand its attraction; but also not having touched it for 40 years, I know it is not needed for any purpose, including to be happy. It is strange to me how some people see religion as a crutch for humans but can't see alcohol as exactly the same thing.

Moderation in all things be they alcohol or religion is probably best

People love each other according to the amount of oxytocin in there bodies. Has nothing to do with religion. We have no inborn knowledge that there is more to life than this we have an in born curiosity and need to seek patterns and understand our world. Were we not indoctrinated in religion from earliest childhood it would have died out long ago