Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
itsnotoutthere

Missing terror suspect

8 posts in this topic

Now, what possible reason could there be for a ban on wearing the Burka?

Home Secretary Theresa May has told MPs she does not believe on-the-run terror suspect Mohammed Ahmed Mohamed is a "direct threat" to the UK.

Mr Mohamed, who was subject to an order restricting his movements, absconded from a London mosque disguised as a woman in a burka on Friday.

He is the second suspect under a TPim order to go missing in under a year.

Somali-born Mr Mohamed entered the mosque in Acton, west London, in western-style clothes, but was seen on CCTV leaving with his face and body fully covered by a burka.

It follows the disappearance of Ibrahim Magag in December, who absconded in a black cab after ripping off his electronic tag.

Mr Mohamed, who has been linked to the Somali militant group al-Shabab, was subject to a terrorism prevention and investigation measures (TPim) notice, which is aimed at protecting the public from people the home secretary believes to have engaged in terrorism-related activity but who it is not deemed feasible to prosecute or deport.

link :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24805294

2 people like this

Yes, i saw this. I think Benny Hill would find this amusing. At least he wouldn't have to make much of an effort to disguise himself as a woman. There's an irony isn't it; in the lands where it would probably be frowned upon (there'd almost certainly be something about it in the Koran), female impersonators would have it easiest.

2 people like this

A man dressing as a woman would no boubt be subject to stoning at the least.

2 people like this

According to the daily Mirror,

"The teeror suspect who escaped in a burka is believed to be a fanatical follower of White Widow Samantha Lethwaite", or something like that.

Do they really expect us to believe this tosh?

1 person likes this

According to the daily Mirror,

"The teeror suspect who escaped in a burka is believed to be a fanatical follower of White Widow Samantha Lethwaite", or something like that.

Do they really expect us to believe this tosh?

Perhaps not, but it does no harm to err on the side of caution. (Unlike our 'masters'!)

1 person likes this

The problem may not be the Burka although personally i dont think it's compatible with the British Culture, i do not believe we should ban it because i think this will end up with more people wearing it as a sign of defiance. but i could be wrong lets see how it works out in France who have banned it. - But as to this man breaking his conditions. the problem for me starts with this sentence taken from the news piece. believed to have engaged in terrorism-related activity but who it is not deemed feasible to prosecute or deport. why? i'd like to know why its not feasible for prosecution or deportation? i hope its not down to human rights. but surely now he's broken the terms and conditions it will be feasible to prosecute and/or deport. ideally prison sentence followed by deportation. this might have a good ending for once. but i doubt it. <_<

Perhaps not, but it does no harm to err on the side of caution. (Unlike our 'masters'!)

Oh, I'm not questioning that bit, but a fanatical follower of The White Widow? it's all a bit The Black Hand, isn't it.

Oh, I'm not questioning that bit, but a fanatical follower of The White Widow? it's all a bit The Black Hand, isn't it.

Don't forget - we are talking Daily Mirror here!