Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
regeneratia

Diebold and Bribery: R UR ELECTIONS SECURE?

11 posts in this topic

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/10/22/sec-diebold-bribes/3149797/

SEC, DOJ charge Diebold in foreign bribery case

Kevin McCoy, USA TODAY 5:40 p.m. EDT October 22, 2013

The allegations are the latest government case under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, which bars improper payments to government officials overseas.

"Diebold's defense attorney, Jonathan Leiken, did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

"A bribe is a bribe, whether it's a stack of cash or an all-expense-paid trip to Europe," said Scott Friestad, an associate director in the SEC's enforcement division. "Public companies must be held accountable when they break the law to influence government officials with improper payments or gifts.""

Yeah, Holder, get your do-do together.

BTW, Bev Harris says our own government knows how each one of us voted. "Not to worry", she mimics fasciously , "It's just the government!"

I wrote my vote this year. Did they know who I wrote in?

2 people like this

BEWARE OF PATHOLOGICAL ALTRUISM.

If you don't know that that is, do a search on it and pick your own cyber link.

2 people like this

HBO did a special on how easily hacked the Diebold voting machines were prior to the last election. It seems what they uncovered in the documentary was being practiced during the elections?

1 person likes this

NO, our government does NOT know how each one of us voted.

YES, there are crooks in Diebold and every other industry on the planet. This does NOT mean that any election office using Diebold machines is corrupt or "hacking the vote".

ANY machine can be hacked. In order to hack a machine (from any company) that is being USED in an election you would need lots of information, access to several secure databases, access to the central machine that tallies the votes and have corrupted hundreds of volunteer judges/election workers and election officials. Oh, AND you would need real time access to the state and county voter registration systems (not the same system that is used to cast votes) AND the names of everyone who has/has not voted as of the day of the "hacking".

The election process isn't as easy to "crack" as everyone seems to think.

Nibs

1 person likes this

Oh, and if you wrote some one in...yeah, they know who you wrote in because if you wrote in someone that isn't certified for a write in, your ballot was probably rejected by the machine. (I'm assuming you are referring to a paper ballot because otherwise you can't just randomly "write in" some one on an electric machine) So your ballot was rejected and given to a team of election judges that would include reps from BOTH parties and either duplicated or manually counted with the write in ignored.

Nibs

[media=]

[/media]

Interesting video. Wrong but interesting. A machine does NOT just come from any company and then automatically sent to the polls for use. It is tested and confirmed "clean", then there is a little tab put on it (usually at the access points), this tab is logged, witnessed and tracked by election officials.

I really wish some one would have included an election official in the little discussion. 99% of what is said could be cleared right up.

Nibs

ETA - NOT

What the little tabs look like.

Edited by HerNibs

There was a story in my local paper.that dead people where still on the rolls and people where using the deads names to vote.

The democrats do this a lot

There was a story in my local paper.that dead people where still on the rolls and people where using the deads names to vote.

"...a story in my local paper." Do you have a link that you can provide to prove of your assertion?

If not, your statement weighs as much as hot air.

Edited by Likely Guy

Has nothing to do with the democrats, republicans or zombies. It has to do with the process of removing some one from the election rolls. Unless some one notifies the election office of a death and provides a copy of the death certificate the deceased cannot be removed from the rolls. The process is that USUALLY, once a month, a report is sent to each county from the state listing those that have died. THEN the deceased will be removed from the rolls. Prior to an election there is a "freeze" put on the rolls. 30 to 15 days for most states. During this time no one is added, no one is removed. This allows for poll book printing, mail ballot printing, early voting preparation, absentee mailing and overseas voting. So yep, there may be deceased individuals still on the polling books.

So...you tell me...how does an election official fix the problem of people breaking the law? From what I can tell historically, people have been caught and punished and elections overturned.

So what is the solution?

Nibs

"...a story in my local paper." Do you have a link that you can provide to prove of your assertion?

If not, your statement weighs as much as hot air.

Although not really an article asserting that democrat voters are taking advantage of the system.

It does state that voter registration is flawed, hardly updated, and easily manipulated. Plus, dead voters DO vote as well.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Dead-and-Still-Voting-177286281.html