Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Ghostly Image Damages Police Officer's Car

Still Waters

When a strange phenomenon blew through the Hartford Police department's parking lot and damaged an officer's personal vehicle, police turned to NBC Connecticut to help them solve the mystery.

Surveillance video shows a ghost-like wisp of wind whirling around the car, ripping off the mirror, tossing it around a bit and then dropping right back beneath the door.

http://www.nbcconnec...-230124431.html

• Like 1

its casper! how do you claim that on your insurance eh?

That's pretty weird, I wonder how they'll explain that.

tinker bells a rebel!

• Like 1

Look at the video, first thing it looks like is a mini tornado. The last thing, a ghost. As usual, run with the attention getter.

Look at the video, first thing it looks like is a mini tornado. The last thing, a ghost. As usual, run with the attention getter.

A mini tornado in the middle of a parking lot, that takes out just one car, is not an attention getter?

I'd say it's unheard of.

A mini tornado in the middle of a parking lot, that takes out just one car, is not an attention getter?

I'd say it's unheard of.

couldnt agree more, the idea of a mini tornado floating around and then just randomly taking out the mirror? doesnt sound likley to me plus we would see more wind effects around the ground

couldnt agree more, the idea of a mini tornado floating around and then just randomly taking out the mirror? doesnt sound likley to me plus we would see more wind effects around the ground

Do you not get many dust devils where you live? I see them all the time, and I know how unpredictable their movements can be. To me, a dust devil taking out the side mirror of just one car in a parking lot is not at all hard to believe.

Do you not get many dust devils where you live? I see them all the time, and I know how unpredictable their movements can be. To me, a dust devil taking out the side mirror of just one car in a parking lot is not at all hard to believe.

i dont get these were i live

i agree im a bit biased, but doesnt look plausible to me

AN EERIE image caught on CCTV damaging a parked car may just be a dust devil - or it could be something more otherworldly.

A Connecticut police officer who found his car's mirror ripped off and laying on the ground next to his vehicle thought he had been hit by vandals.

But parking lot surveillance video showed something more bizarre - a ghost-like blur tearing the mirror off the car, tossing it around and then returning to leave the mirror beside the vehicle, reports NBC Connecticut.

http://www.news.com.au/world/ghostly-blur-tears-mirror-from-police-officers-car-some-cops-say-parking-lot-is-haunted/story-fndir2ev-1226754608234

That was either a mirror held on with tape, or one hell of a strong wind

• Like 1

wonder who he p***ed of? LOL

During hurricane HUGO, my storage shed was lifted off it's floor and set down a few feet from where it orignally was. None of the contents in the shed was disturbed.

Very common occurance in the US southwest. Pretty cool to see it caught on camera though.

hmm we get dust devils all the time here, but that's an awfully big one... I doubt its paranormal though. Guess mother nature didn't like that cop.

No mystery, it's a dust devil, a vortex similar to a tornado, but not formed by clashing air masses, usually just from rising warm air, and often under clear skies. They rarely have enough force to do significant damage; my guess is the mirror was already loose. I saw one form in front of me in Atlanta, Georgia under blue skies, it lifted trash and leaves high into the air and was amazing to watch. It lasted only a few seconds.

Edited by Sundew

Just got plastered by one today. Usually rather benign in the southwest states, I am impressed by the strength of this dust devil in removing the mirror.

In Southern AZ they're very common. I've seen a few that were over 100+ feet tall in areas where there's only desert with no structures to break it up. The farther they go the taller they get. Some are powerful enough to rip roofs off sheds. Some are not tall but wide.

I'd say it's unheard of.

So why wasn't the article titled along the lines of what it actually looked like?

When I was a kid we played in the dust devils we get here. We would chase them down and get "in" them until they disappeared. They were nvr strong enough to hurt anyone let alone take a mirror off a car. Idk maybe where they are the dust devils are stronger?

when I was a kid ( 11 & 12) the residential back streets around where I lived were all dirt and dust and every summer we would get dust devils. occasionally they would be as tall as the pine trees in the area, but usually they were about twenty to thirty feet tall. I have seen kids ride bikes through them and run through them. and get picked up and tossed around like rag dolls... we enjoyed every minute of it. we made a game out of it land on your feet without falling and everyone had to give you a dime. land any other way and you had to give everyone else in the game a dime.( we were kids we didn't get dollars 40 + years ago.) Small though they are they can be powerful none the less

Edited by mysticwerewolf