Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can someone answer some of my questions?

Doombringer

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering details related to Chi/Bending Elements and that kind of stuff or so called "Powers" As everybody might know movies/episodes/series about Kung Fu - Bending or Chi exists. Speaking about Avatar the last airbender or The legend of Korra. I was wondering how Chi is controllable and how to bend these elements. As I was looking on this Forum did I find some Topics about this and that most of the people around here said that this is possible or that Chi Blasts or that kind of stuff were possible. All in all makes my questions:

1. How can this be done? (If so, Exact details links or other stuff would be greatly supportive)

2. If people have these powers or actually do these things how are they hiding it from the world? (No one thinks its real etc, no one did it publicly...)

3. What are ways into meditation trances or that kind of related stuff? (Lucid dreaming, The start of everything, Etc...?)

4. What is the history behind everything?

5. The history and knowledge behind symptoms or names etc...?

I'm someone who likes knowledge and peace, I would like to do something with it as I believe I was meant to do...

Thanks in advance,

Yours Sincerely,

Doombringer. ;)

Couple a Quick tips. This subject is far to big to discuss - do some googling on:

- Study Chakras,

- Meditations with the Chakras.

Also Learn a Martial Art, this helps you to understand the fundamentals of energy transfers (if tought correctly)

Edited by The Id3al Experience

All I know about the series about Kung Fu is "grasshopper".

• Like 2

It was a TV series concept created by Bruce Lee.

He wanted to star in it of course, but American TV execs didn't think the American public could accept a Chinese hero, so they cast David Carradine in the part of Kwai Chang Kane.

Years later, when the series was to be resurrected, David Carradine tried to make it right by casting Brandon Lee, Bruce Lee's son, as a major character in the new pilot.

Again, it wasn't picked up as planned, and Lee went on to do movies, and Kung fu the second series wasn't made until quite a few years later, with a totally different guy playing opposite David Carradine.

I can go into the plot of the original series if you like.

It was one of my favorites as a child.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Couple a Quick tips. This subject is far to big to discuss - do some googling on:

- Study Chakras,

- Meditations with the Chakras.

Also Learn a Martial Art, this helps you to understand the fundamentals of energy transfers (if tought correctly)

Chi as classically taught in Chinese theory, doesn't use chakras at all.

There are the same areas of energy, but they aren't viewed the same way at all.

Chakras are more a Hindu or kundalini concept.

Unless you study both, you don't get this of course, but in Chinese theory, chi comes from ming men.

The space between the kidneys called gate fire. It's technically the origin of the spark of life as well.

To learn how to use it, knowing a Chinese or Japanese martial art does help.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Chi is like your bodies energy. We all have energy, what I think could be called our aura, and some can master and manipulate it.

~Not too helpful.. But that's all I know :P

Edited by Nighthawk9653

It was a TV series concept created by Bruce Lee.

He wanted to star in it of course, but American TV execs didn't think the American public could accept a Chinese hero, so they cast David Carradine in the part of Kwai Chang Kane.

Years later, when the series was to be resurrected, David Carradine tried to make it right by casting Brandon Lee, Bruce Lee's son, as a major character in the new pilot.

Again, it wasn't picked up as planned, and Lee went on to do movies, and Kung fu the second series wasn't made until quite a few years later, with a totally different guy playing opposite David Carradine.

I can go into the plot of the original series if you like.

It was one of my favorites as a child.

No seriously, I believe you and will google it the rest .....................................one day. :whistle::yes:

Thanks everyone, And yes I know that the following are able to be find on google:

1. How can this be done? (If so, Exact details links or other stuff would be greatly supportive)

2. If people have these powers or actually do these things how are they hiding it from the world? (No one thinks its real etc, no one did it publicly...)

3. What are ways into meditation trances or that kind of related stuff? (Lucid dreaming, The start of everything, Etc...?)

And those people that manipulate their Chi... Is this visible for anyone or is just their Imagination...? Because I don't think you can really shoot fireballs and stuff, Or you have to hide it or everyone gets it (2.) (1.) (3.)? :o Well anyway thanks a lot...

Doombringer.

*ps: A conversation that is too big, Is nice to discuss I mean a forum is created for that...*

Edited by Doombringer

You know, I love the ideas portrayed in "Avatar: The Last Airbender" "Legend of Korra" and even "FullMetal Alchemist" (Ok, the last one doesn't really address chi or bending but does..in a way).

However these are just animations that reflect a fantasy, something we wish was true but isn't.

Anyways...one should NEVER rely on fantasies to tell you anything about what is real.

I mean, sure, when I was a kid I often had dreams where I cast wind from my hands or breathed fire but that was just fantasies born from..well, fantasy. It is not and never will be real.

However if this "chi" is real then I sincerely doubt it will be as flashy and cool as what you see in fantasies. Probably will be about as flashy as blinking or watching paint dry.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

Well thanks Ryu, This made me smile actually! And yes I know you shouldn't rely on fantasies, I got a sister which does... And she is really... >Crazy< She is real sweet but... However I had those fantasies too! But it actually seems to be possible to use "Chi" and stuff to make it real... And I got a few friends which tried this and they felt something strange and something did happen... So I wonder what this is and how close this gets to reality... :P I never believed those kind of things but I love to learn things since... A few months now and im very interested How,If,And what else...

Yours Sincerely,

Doombringer.

*Ps: Ryu thanks for the amazing respond*

I hate to admit it but when I watch "Avatar: The Last Airbender" or "Korra" it does seem to make the idea of using "chi" to influence elements plausible.

The only thing I can say in the defense of these shows is that all elements are an energy flow so to speak and maybe one can "attune" themselves to an element that matches their own personal "frequency". (Ok..now I am starting to sound delusional).

I am not necessarily saying that "chi" exists, at least not in the way we were taught but perhaps, just PERHAPS...one can "understand" that element in a way that another might not.

In one episode of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" one of the water tribe elders said that water was emotion...though it was probably an allegory it seems to be true that like emotions, water flows best when unhindered.

I suppose this "chi" that people speak of is possibly an allegory to the flow of energy produced by our living bodies. This energy or electro-magnetic energy flows best when it is not hindered or at least as little as possible.

Anyway, I am not sure that one could possibly direct enough energy to influence water, air or any element. Heck if that were true I'd be an airbender or firebender in a snap.

Of course why some people feel an affinity to oen or more elements is another matter altogether. Could probably be merely psychological but then again..who knows.

(Great. Now I sound like a lunatic)

I liked watching that series when I was little. Loved the old man and the temple too.

• Like 1

Chi as classically taught in Chinese theory, doesn't use chakras at all.

There are the same areas of energy, but they aren't viewed the same way at all.

Chakras are more a Hindu or kundalini concept.

Unless you study both, you don't get this of course, but in Chinese theory, chi comes from ming men.

The space between the kidneys called gate fire. It's technically the origin of the spark of life as well.

To learn how to use it, knowing a Chinese or Japanese martial art does help.

Martial art, is a very simple way to understand energy transfer, I did not say it was the same as using Chi, Charkra etc.

Cheers for the clarrification for the audience ;)

Well... This is something nice to discuss... Ryu I wonder do you have Skype or something to keep contact cuz im not that active lately very busy studying... Etc but yes maybe some people are able to manipulate/Influence using their "energy" , those who are strong enough or something... I mean otherwise it would become a very strange... World I guess xD Though it might take really much training and stuff... But it seems impossible or unbelievable but who knows... What the future brings this world... Cuz series like Futurama... And the freezing people kind of thing seems to be possible too with our technology... Even while it was fake and unreal... But now scientists research Cryogenic! :P xD

Well I might have said this lots of times but nice to talk about it with you guys or even "Fantasize" and thanks for all replies upon this Topic!

Warm Regards,

Doombringer.

No..I don't have skype.

But yeah, it is nice to theorize about things.

By the way..have you noticed that in shows like "Avatar: The Last Airbender" or "Legend of Korra" that all the bending moves employ variations of tai chi?

Anyways..though I am very skeptical of everything it is sometimes interesting to ponder things and I wonder why we are attracted to certain ideas and repelled by others? Personal bias probably but I don't know...

I think that it something that lies in our Human nature, Yes I did know! It has Kung Fu - Tai Chi moves in the movies which is able to be learned...

Soon or later Alpha Waves within Virtual Reality will be released, And then that would be the easiest way to learn any fighting move or any thing you ever wanted to do but in Virtual Reality and not in Reality. Can't become better... Although that was something we though 10 years ago and look at the technology and this future now... xD

Cheers,

Doombringer

Well I hope you keep things positive and don't try to mash up reality or people their fantasy's but otherwise I would certainly believe that you "Status": 'A terrible person, and a blight on his species' might be right. ;) Even so anything to share? Don't want this thread/topic to be dead. Although I saw the finals of Book 2 - LoK and I did like it... Though it seems a bit Cliche...

Cheers ;) ,

Doom