Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Romanian scientist develops artificial blood

UM-Bot

Radu Silaghi-Dumitrescu has been working on creating a substance that can be used as a blood substitute.

Artificial organs have been becoming more and more sophisticated in recent years, but one thing that is still missing is a viable blood alternative. Despite appearances, blood performs a wide array of functions such as delivering oxygen around the body, fighting infections and healing injuries.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/257414/romanian-scientist-develops-artificial-blood

• Like 2

Soon the vampires can reveal themselves and feast on Tru Blood instead of preying on people in the shadows.

Edited by Ashiene
  • Like 5

Transylvania too, this article came a week late, would have been perfect for halloween.

• Like 3

ha did anyone else think 'vampire' even the guys name is 'Radu'. gotta love it.

• Like 2

Soon the vampires can reveal themselves and feast on Tru Blood instead of preying on people in the shadows.

My thought exactly! Haha!

Good for vampires, patients in hospitals, and freaks alike... -LoLzzz

LOl, Tru Blood!

Who needs that sciency stuff? All I need is red food coloring and corn starch to simulate blood.

Nerds lol i was born in Transylvania. No such thing as vampires exist there.

• Like 1

Seriously, a dirt poor country like Romania coming up with this is great news. Beats them unloading their gypsies on the world :-)

Lol dirt poor? You must be kidding. There even the poorest peasant is owning his own house and not paying rent. Romanian yearly revenue is bigger than Spain, Portugal or Greece altogether. Yes there are gypsies making our name shameful and nothing can be done about it since every country is yelling bringing up the human rights thing.

Speaking of culture; you wont find a single Romanian farting in public or insight the stores like i see it done everyday in your culture and Romanians are amongst the best workers and fair honest people around.

Anyway there is tons of stuff coming from Romania including invention of computers, turbo jets ..etc

Here is a video fact about all Romanian inventions that have changes the word.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dZGDy45ZeI

• Like 2

Lol dirt poor? You must be kidding. There even the poorest peasant is owning his own house and not paying rent. Romanian yearly revenue is bigger than Spain, Portugal or Greece altogether. Yes there are gypsies making our name shameful and nothing can be done about it since every country is yelling bringing up the human rights thing.

Speaking of culture; you wont find a single Romanian farting in public or insight the stores like i see it done everyday in your culture and Romanians are amongst the best workers and fair honest people around.

Anyway there is tons of stuff coming from Romania including invention of computers, turbo jets ..etc

Which culture? Where are they farting? Whose stores?

• Like 1

Romania? Past Transylvania? Vampires? I'm out!

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I have no issue with Romanians, just gypsies from any place really. Thanks for the insight into your great country. Sorry for my ignorance. Jason

Thanks for the link very informative. Some of it I knew already, but for the lazy ignorant western layman they only know Romania for Dracula, Vampyres, gypsies and Ceausescu. Ignorance is a bad thing and I think we all agree about this :hmm:

Edited by KhanDoShijt Sensi

Romanians developing artificial blood does have a certain ghoulish flavor to it, but enough of that. What is the point? Is it for Jehovah's Witnesses? Is it for blood transfusion costs or something like that?

I rather think the attack on the Romani is unfortunate and the Romanians do have a problem there that they need to address with a little less prejudice.

Romanians developing artificial blood does have a certain ghoulish flavor to it, but enough of that. What is the point? Is it for Jehovah's Witnesses? Is it for blood transfusion costs or something like that?

I rather think the attack on the Romani is unfortunate and the Romanians do have a problem there that they need to address with a little less prejudice.

Artifical blood may have tons of application in the future, and I dont see nothing ghoulish about it. Actually it may encorage poor vampyres to finally coming out to open than always hiding in the shadow (a joke, sorry couldn resist).

Jokes aside, yes also Jehovas withness and other groups who dislike (for religious or other motives) traditional blood transfusion, but im pretty sure it can also be usefull to other sectors like space travel, or scientific outpost in remote areas difficoult to reach. One day they will be able to print blood when its needed. Its all good. Thumbs up.

Going back to the story (and leaving behind the bickering), the concept is not that new, about 5 years ago it was actually done successfully in one species: dogs.