Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ten Alien Encounters Debunked

seeder

here you go lovers of ET and UFO's, ten debunks on some popular topics. (Bound to ruffle a few feathers) :lol:

BTW use the 'NEXT' at the top of the pages only, the 'next' button at the bottom of the article takes you to adverts

http://www.space.com/9704-ten-alien-encounters-debunked.html

• Like 3

here you go lovers of ET and UFO's, ten debunks on some popular topics. (Bound to ruffle a few feathers) :lol:

BTW use the 'NEXT' at the top of the pages only, the 'next' button at the bottom of the article takes you to adverts

http://www.space.com...s-debunked.html

It's not debunking specific cases it's attempting to debunk phenomena itself.

Easy to debunk the whole website really.

The suggestion that aliens helped ancient civilisations achieve various milestones always annoyed me. I prefer the idea that we as a species are either ingenious or manically driven toward succeeding.

• Like 5

The suggestion that aliens helped ancient civilisations achieve various milestones always annoyed me.

The nature of truth however that it is independent of people's views about it. Otherwise there is nothing but bias.

I prefer the idea that we as a species are either ingenious or manically driven toward succeeding.

The evidence however suggests 'manically driven towards self-destruction and misery'.

The nature of truth however that it is independent of people's views about it. Otherwise there is nothing but bias.

But it's impossible to definitively determine the truth for most of these, as those involved are either dead, fallible (due to the massive problems inherent in human memory) or else promote these theories/beliefs for themselves. Plus, it can be argued that this article is at least grammatically correct by using the term "debunk" solely because it can be argued the author has discredited these theories.

The fact that a lot of his reasoning is based on genuine, peer-reviewed scientific research helps his case, of course.

• Like 1

I do however agree that we have a somewhat brutal predisposition toward, to put it delicately, "upsetting one another"

I do however agree that we have a somewhat brutal predisposition toward, to put it delicately, "upsetting one another"

And the planet, and the animal kingdom, and the air, and the water, and the food...............

This place is currently nothing more than a concentration camp for human souls.

Re-incarnation to planet earth is very much to be avoided.

• Like 1

And the planet, and the animal kingdom, and the air, and the water, and the food...............

well said, and I agree.

• Like 1

Could always try Venus. I heard it was nice this time of year

About 850 degrees to nice this time of year for me, thank you! :cry:

But it would give you such a healthy glow to your skin!

• Like 1

The suggestion that aliens helped ancient civilisations achieve various milestones always annoyed me. I prefer the idea that we as a species are either ingenious or manically driven toward succeeding.

Criminal as well IMHO. It is stealing history, and rewriting it for a fast buck. Intellectual Vandalism.

http://www.space.com...s-debunked.html

I surely agree with the article, all of those alien claims are baseless and contrived for entertainment, nothing more.

It's not debunking specific cases it's attempting to debunk phenomena itself.

Easy to debunk the whole website really.

No it is not, not one legitimate aspect of UFOLogy such as the Hessdalen project or Plasma research makes a mention. It is revealing the more credulous facets of UFOlogy.

It is not easy to debunk the website, it is easy for you to protest that your favourite stories have been put into perspective - not the same thing.

Edited by psyche101

I disagree, I've traveled a lot and seen loads of amazing things. I've even stayed with people that live an almost completely self sufficient life style. They were some of the happiest people I met and I loved staying with them.. once i got over the need for things like tv, internet, 24 hour shops etc. There were things to do that were as much or more fun then normal 'modern' living. We would have bonfires at night and cook snacks and tell stories over a smoke and a couple of home brews. During the day there was some easy to do work and then go out and explore and find new thing and play with nature, bathing in the river at the end of the day. Each place was different and an explosion to the senses.

I might sell up one day and move to one of those places. There's something to be said for home grown chicken cooked over a fire with some freshly made bread and butter and some tomatoes with a nice cold beer to wash it down. Wish I never replied to this thread now cos it's all I can think off. That chicken was the best chicken I ever ate. I think it was pretty happy until it got killed for food, used to eat all sorts of left overs and some grain but some of them would follow me round when I was working and as I was moving logs and cutting brush back they would dart in and eat all the bugs and seeds. Makes me want to rear chickens here but I don't have that sort of space :(

• Like 2

No it is not, not one legitimate aspect of UFOLogy such as the Hessdalen project or Plasma research makes a mention. It is revealing the more credulous facets of UFOlogy.

It is not easy to debunk the website, it is easy for you to protest that your favourite stories have been put into perspective - not the same thing.

hehe :tu: Spot On!

• Like 1

The evidence however suggests 'manically driven towards self-destruction and misery'.

You are just a ray of sunshine Z.

• Like 1

But it's impossible to definitively determine the truth for most of these, as those involved are either dead, fallible (due to the massive problems inherent in human memory) or else promote these theories/beliefs for themselves. Plus, it can be argued that this article is at least grammatically correct by using the term "debunk" solely because it can be argued the author has discredited these theories.

The fact that a lot of his reasoning is based on genuine, peer-reviewed scientific research helps his case, of course.

Exactly! And it is in those fuzzy nether regions of understanding where irrational belief thrives.

The human mind abhors the lack of a ready explanation as nature abhors a vacuum. In the absence of one the mind is more than willing to manufacture its own.