Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former Obama Secret Service Agent

OverSword

If need any crazy bs I'll come to you. Otherwise, go away when adults are talking.

Grow up.

Owwww, Ooooowwwww, the pain. Oh, barbs from... a rude unenlightened prejudiced dork with the wit of a rabid snail are always so painful.

*rolls on the floor in agony*

I'm dying. This is the worst retort I've even been the subject of...... I_dont_think_i_can_come_back_from_this_

Ohhhhhhhhhh..... Ohhhhhhhhhh. I'm comin wheezy. I see the tunnel of light....

*dies pathetically*

There now. Feel better . you got me good.

:w00t:

Grow up.

Heh heh. You are some of the dumbest people I have ever seen. It's all rhetoric and feigned outrage with you people. Try viewing the world outside off your woo woo crowd or tea party some time.

Once again some of us have demonstrated how profoundly polarizing a war can be. The Iraq Invasion has, just in my immediate family, polarized my son who served there from me. We have always had a great relationship, but on this we had to agree to disagree. It broke my heart to see him deployed, and I am blessed that he returned. But as the rationale for the US aggression was progressively revealed to be based on lies, assumptions and foregone conclusions, and Bush, Cheney, Rumsfled et. al. compounded their lies, my son has made similar reality adjustments. He now agrees the basis of the war was fabricated, but insists "still, it was a good thing to take out Saddam."

I no longer debate with him that, were we to wage wars simply based on bad leaders and governments, the sun would never set on the activities of the US military.

War is a horrible thing. At the same time I can accept that some choose to go to war, for a variety of reasons, and disrespecting such persons throws us back dangerously close to the Vietnam era when returning vets were spat upon and called 'babykillers.'

When I wave the flag, as the grandson, son, nephew and father of veterans, I revel in the fact that I can hold that flag in one hand and simultaneously give the finger to the commander-in-chief, as appropriate.

• Like 3

Heh heh. You are some of the dumbest people I have ever seen. It's all rhetoric and feigned outrage with you people. Try viewing the world outside off your woo woo crowd or tea party some time.

How ironic that you said this in response to

Grow up.

• Like 2

Grant, Harding and Nixon were the most corrupt presidents - or so we're told. Frankly I think present day culture of corruption in the White House began with Reagan and has continued unabated ever since. Think of all the scandals from Iran-Contra onwards and you'll find only one that lead to impeachment - the Clinton/Lewinsky affair. People are more concerned with the sex lives of Presidents than they are with the crimes, abuses and lies that take place under their watch. Until citizens take a bipartisan stand against corruption and abuse things aren't going to change. Bush and Obama are symptoms of the problem, not the problem themselves. One important step is to recognize the failings of your own team. In fact be as critical of your side as you are of the opponents - it's the only way to recognize where things need to change.

• Like 4

In this thread you see the same people bashing a veteran, while complaining when veterans are shut off from their monuments. "Wars are based on lies and propaganda!" Only when it's in your best interest they are. Not to get into that again, but please, make your hypocrisy at least a little harder to spot.

Your views can be flexible you know.

Edited by andy4

In this thread you see the same people bashing a veteran, while complaining when veterans are shut off from their monuments. "Wars are based on lies and propaganda!" Only when it's in your best interest they are. Not to get into that again, but please, make your hypocrisy at least a little harder to spot.

Your views can be flexible you know.

Er, Come again? Not really sure I understand what you're getting at here.

Er, Come again? Not really sure I understand what you're getting at here.

The same mindset for someone holding views expressed in this thread against a veteran, also stand up for them, but only when it's in their best interest.