Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lady Gaga to Sing in Outer Space in 2015

Still Waters

She has pushed the boundaries with her wacky outfits and bizarre behaviour.

And now Lady Gaga will be charting new territory of an entirely different kind.

The 27-year-old will make history in 2015 as the first singer to perform in outer space.

http://www.dailymail...uter-space.html

• Like 1

why does this make perfect sense?

well that astronaut chris hadfield sung in space

posted it on youtube so that counts as a proformance viewed by an audiance

• Like 2

Lady Gaga kind of sickens me personally. But then again I'm not a 10 year old little girl.

• Like 3

i wouldnt let my 10 year old watch her

• Like 3

Awesome .. i probably won't be able to hear her from there :P She's sorta ok i guess, kinda, she's just strikes me as a complete fake. A corporate venture.

• Like 1

Nobody can hear you scream in space....

• Like 3

Is anyone going to make a contribution beyond boringly predictable attacks on GaGa? Is anyone going to make a post that is relevant to the section this is placed in?

Is anyone going to comment on what an amazing time we live in when an artist (irrespective of whether you approve of their material or not) can simply book themselves on a commercial spacecraft and perform from 62 miles above the Earth's surface?

Is no one else filled with a sense of wonder that just 112 years after the Wright brothers made the first powered flight at Kitty Hawk our technology has progressed so far that a singer will be able to perform in space?

Or is it just me?

• Like 3

I think its cool we've come this far, but im also one of those who will bash on that horrid creature whos name should never be spoken. Shame we cant do better.... oh wait thought i remember a discussion like this before hmm seems the creatures just riding off on someone elses plan http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/innovations/post/sarah-brightman-says-she-wants-to-be-next-space-tourist/2012/10/10/8893527a-12ee-11e2-ba83-a7a396e6b2a7_blog.html

Yes and Sarah Brightman was also subjected to the same childish name calling in the thread about her plan to sing in space.

There is a big difference, GaGa will only be spending a few minutes in space and her ticket will only cost about $250,000. Sarah Brightman will spend a week in orbit at a cost of around $30 million.

Don't care about the cost nor the duration. personally i hope the creature whos name wont be spoken makes it a one way trip.

...Is anyone going to comment on what an amazing time we live in when an artist (irrespective of whether you approve of their material or not) can simply book themselves on a commercial spacecraft and perform from 62 miles above the Earth's surface?

Or is it just me?

It is an amazing time we live in, while Lady Gaga is not so amazing. This will be less than a footnote in the history of space travel, certainly not a milestone. Just because Lady G is rich enough to book a flight... I don't find that so incredible.

/God, I can see it now. Lady Gaga falls ill at the last moment and the Bieber fills in.

//Chris Hadfield: "Been there, done that!"

Edited by Likely Guy

i'm not a fan of lady gaga, but i am kind of stunned at the sheer amount of venom that gets poured out on her.

as for the space thing....

man, i'm just jealous. i want to go.

Edited by patagonianhorsesnake
  • Like 2

Is anyone going to make a contribution beyond boringly predictable attacks on GaGa? Is anyone going to make a post that is relevant to the section this is placed in?

Is anyone going to comment on what an amazing time we live in when an artist (irrespective of whether you approve of their material or not) can simply book themselves on a commercial spacecraft and perform from 62 miles above the Earth's surface?

Is no one else filled with a sense of wonder that just 112 years after the Wright brothers made the first powered flight at Kitty Hawk our technology has progressed so far that a singer will be able to perform in space?

Or is it just me?

While I have nothing personal against Lady Gaga, it has been noted that others (Chris Hadfield for one) have already 'sung in space' - in the sense of a recognised artistic performance. Yes, it amazing that people can now 'sing in space' but the press release from Lady Gaga's publicity team is - much like Ms Brightman's - simply a publicity stunt. It does not "break new ground" as art or performance.

That, I think, is what people are objecting to - that this isn't art or "progress" but simply a bowing to sensationalism for the sake of commercial success.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 3

Or is it just me?

Your absolutely right Waspie, it's nearly unbelievable the tech progress that has been made in such a short time. 112 years ago is only 51 years before i was born! No cars.. no usable electricity... much different world.

???

http://www.flyingmag.com/pilots-places/pilots-adventures-more/wright-brothers-not-first-fly

Edited by lightly

I have this vague memory of reading that Soviet Chief Designer Sergei Korolev regretted not being able to send a poet into space on one of the Vostok missions of the early 1960s. Unfortunately, one-upping the Americans was more important. It's a pity, as the Vostok was completely automated - the cosmonaut was a passenger - meaning they could have sent any fit and short person up in it.

• Like 1

It's a pity, as the Vostok was completely automated - the cosmonaut was a passenger - meaning they could have sent any fit and short person up in it.

Any fit and short person trained to be ejected at altitude and parachuted to the ground that is.

Any fit and short person trained to be ejected at altitude and parachuted to the ground that is.

Fair call. :-)

Having a solo artist perform at the edge of space is cool and all... but when they get an entire philharmonic orchestra up there, they'll really have something!

• Like 1

Is she going to sing something relevant? If she is going to have the world watching, I hope so.

Is she going to sing something relevant? If she is going to have the world watching, I hope so.

Government Hooker?

Or is it just me?

Admit it Waspie, you are a huge fan! :lol:

Acknowledged. I agree with everything you said.