Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lady Gaga to Sing in Outer Space in 2015

Still Waters

I agree with Leonardo, technically it has already been done. But it was performed by an astronaut with a scientific background and decades of trainings.

It would be the first that a popstar on Earth will take a flight to outerspace and perform there. That has never been achieved. So it seems that Lady Gaga is pushing the boundaries of what is considered ostentatious and showy. She will have to train to adjust her voice on space. So, yeah it is daring but she lives up to her character!

Edited by sam_comm

Any extra-terrestrial life will consider this an act of war.

• Like 1

Admit it Waspie, you are a huge fan! :lol:

Actually I don't like her stuff at all.

I am capable, however, of disliking a musical style without resorting to vilification of the performer.

It would be amazing if she came up with a heart felt song to honor all of the legendary people around the world who made space travel possible.

• Like 1

She's beautiful. She'll be a star among real stars!

I wouldnt really call it "outer space" (more like between the atmosphere and space) but I guess its kinda cool.

Every person who has gone into space has done so to further human knowledge and benefit mankind in some way. She's going up there to further one thing and that's her own career. As much as i'd love to agree that we live in this wonderful era of popstars performing in space, i find this crass. For me this shows how desperate she is for attention.

Edited by mesuma
  • Like 2

A wormhole is gonna open up and shoot a lohgie at her. That could possibly be a good thing up in space; competent bioethics with no restraints.I don't know much about her' let alone her sincerity. I believe that it's publicity to pump-up her image and her bank account.Lady GaGa is in the entertainment business. um, I can't afford a ticket to space so how would I know what it is i'm looking at? Depressing.

Actually I don't like her stuff at all.

I am capable, however, of disliking a musical style without resorting to vilification of the performer.

Of course, the same with me in spite of my swipe above, which I just couldn't resist.

While we may be quick to criticize her, it is us the public, who have elevated entertainers to the status of near worship if not the embodiment of perfection. Mr Spock would undoubtably be disappointed in us for yielding to emotion rather than logic.

• Like 2

While we may be quick to criticize her, it is us the public, who have elevated entertainers to the status of near worship if not the embodiment of perfection. Mr Spock would undoubtably be disappointed in us for yielding to emotion rather than logic.

I think this behavior is largely a phenomenon of youth. They are the ones spending most of the money on music and things, so immature tastes and outrageous behavior are rewarded. As the population ages it will go more toward the Lawrence Welk and Liberace types. On second thought, give me Lady Gaga.

I said:

It's a pity, as the Vostok was completely automated - the cosmonaut was a passenger - meaning they could have sent any fit and short person up in it.

Waspie Dwarf said:

Any fit and short person trained to be ejected at altitude and parachuted to the ground that is.

Well, it seems I was right and wrong. Korolev had those dreams, but it was about the Voskhod spacecraft, which would have had a crew of two - presumably a trained cosmonaut to go along with the poet (or journalist, his other idea).

And as the Voskhod spacecraft had no ejection seats and the crews stayed inside the spacecraft for touchdown, their poets could still have been simply any fit and short person; no need for anyone to be trained in the use of ejection seats or parachutes...

Can't we just blast Miley Cyrus off into space instead...then not let her come back?

Edited by WoIverine

I wouldnt really call it "outer space" (more like between the atmosphere and space) but I guess its kinda cool.

Technically anything above the Kármán line at an altitude of 100 Km (62 miles) is considered outer space. Since SpaceShipTwo will exceed this altitude at least part of GaGa's performance will officially occur in space/

If I were given the chance to sing in space, I would, but I do not have the money lady Gaga has, so I guess I will just stick to singing in the shower instead.

While I have nothing personal against Lady Gaga, it has been noted that others (Chris Hadfield for one) have already 'sung in space' - in the sense of a recognised artistic performance. Yes, it amazing that people can now 'sing in space' but the press release from Lady Gaga's publicity team is - much like Ms Brightman's - simply a publicity stunt. It does not "break new ground" as art or performance.

That, I think, is what people are objecting to - that this isn't art or "progress" but simply a bowing to sensationalism for the sake of commercial success.

I have nothing against her either. It would be more impressive if she performed "outside" in a space suit. The performance itself will be a normal stage show in an unusual place. just think of all the money that will be spent and gained from this. The money could go to a better purpose.

It would be more impressive if she performed "outside" in a space suit.

That is not possible on a sub-orbital flight.

just think of all the money that will be spent and gained from this. The money could go to a better purpose.

You could levy that argument against any performance, any art. Every song paid for and downloaded, every painting, every statue all the money spent could be spent on medical research or helping the poor. We are all guilty and all hypocrites when it comes to spending money that could be put to better use.

Art has it's place in society.

Besides I see the hand of Richard Branson involved here. Virgin Galactic has rivals and they will not be far behind in getting their craft into service. GaGa performing in space is not just big publicity for GaGa, it is also big publicity for Virgin Galactic.