Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bad 'Vibes'

Nighthawk9653

So, maybe I'm over reacting or what, but last summer for school we went on a trip, and on this trip we got to tour universities and whatnot, and something weird happened.

So, at this one university, we were waiting, and finally our tour guide guy came, and as soon as I came within 5 feet or so, I just got this awful feeling from him. I can't describe it, like 'vibes' or just the feeling I was getting from him didn't seem right.

And I'm not saying 'not right' as in creepy, like I can't even describe it, but there was just something terribly wrong. I had never gotten such a terrible and just dark feeling from someone ever. Even as I think about it now it causes me lots of anxiety.

It's terribly hard to describe, but you know when you're walking down the street, or just chatting with new people, you kind of get a feel for them? Or when you pass someone on the street and you just kind of know if they mean you harm or not, like a gut instinct sort of.

Anyways, this guy, he's young, fit, completely good health from what I could tell, but I have never felt a more strange vibe than what I got from this guy.

I don't want to say it, because it will sound crazy, but like almost a predatory feeling from him. There was just something not right, but I don't know what.

It just felt wrong.

Any idea why this happened? It really felt like inhuman, whatever was wrong. It just wasn't right.

Have you been very social? I haven't for a little while now just talk to people in the gym or speak to a old co-worker I haven't been out on a drink in 6-7 months but I had a moment of madness I was offered a course and when I went to check it out I had a bad vibe from most of them in the room same thing I've never felt this before, I found out they had all come from university and had to go straight on welfare which I gathered created this hostile environment.. It felt like they were trying to prove something glad i#m back to work in a fornight I never want to experience that agian . But I dunno nighthawk maybe he was trying to give off a bad vibe and you picked it up?

Edited by EzyEllis

I know exactly what you mean.

Although this was someone I "knew", but had not had a one-on-one conversations with. I did not get an inhuman vibe or anything, but dark and very very threatening. And we ran into each other in the grocery store not some alley.

I had it one other time when I got in the car with someone I also knew, it was the longest 8 miles of my life. It was terrifying.

All I could think was, their spouses (both were married) don't pick up on this?

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

What's happening is that your unconscious mind is picking up on subtle clues coming from the person in question. You then receive an intuitive message in the form of "bad or good vibes". The vast majority of the time your gut feelings are correct. IMO it's best to side with your intuition. Now, if sometime down the road you find out that the person in question was extremely upset at the time you met them , or you realize they simply reminded you of someone else you really dislike then you can re-evaluate.

• Like 6

I've had two occasions in my life where I have shaken someone's hand and been completely creeped out, actually felt a knot form in my stomach and had a strong recoil instinct.

The first handshake felt like a limp wet fish - it actually really did, it was so unexpected I nearly jumped and stepped back. The second person felt like soft marshmallow - this wasn't a pudgy hand, the person was quite fit looking but the hand felt like a spongy marshmallow and there was no real "reciprical feeling" from the person, it was like they held their hand out because it was expected but that was all that they were willing to do to participate in the handshake. I remember both very well even though the first was at least 12 years ago and the second at least 5 years ago, in fact I know I will never forget either experience, very weird.

• Like 3

So, at this one university, we were waiting, and finally our tour guide guy came, and as soon as I came within 5 feet or so, I just got this awful feeling from him. I can't describe it, like 'vibes' or just the feeling I was getting from him didn't seem right.

And I'm not saying 'not right' as in creepy, like I can't even describe it, but there was just something terribly wrong. I had never gotten such a terrible and just dark feeling from someone ever. Even as I think about it now it causes me lots of anxiety.

I don't want to say it, because it will sound crazy, but like almost a predatory feeling from him. There was just something not right, but I don't know what.

It just felt wrong.

Snipped for space and to point out some points you raised.

Nighthawk, all the bold parts are your reactions to the person, the one in italic is the only time where you diminish your instinctive feelings about him, which is odd because I would call someone creepy who had a predatory feel about them.

Like Lilly said go with your reaction/instinctive feelings about this person unless you find out something to change your mind. We pick up on clues from micro expressions and all sort of other body language to inflections in spoken words that will give away a false statement when what is said is supposed to be positive. Our brain is a marvelous thing that can sort all of this out in seconds or minutes which is why it seems like instinct sometimes.

I don't think you're crazy or even that your wrong, you are alerted to something about him to the point it is causing you anxiety. We are taught to be open and trusting and to respect people in leadership positions but if your instincts tell you differently I'd listen to my instincts. If you have to be around him observe him and draw your own conclusions.

Mabon.

• Like 1

So, maybe I'm over reacting or what, but last summer for school we went on a trip, and on this trip we got to tour universities and whatnot, and something weird happened.

It's terribly hard to describe, but you know when you're walking down the street, or just chatting with new people, you kind of get a feel for them? Or when you pass someone on the street and you just kind of know if they mean you harm or not, like a gut instinct sort of.

Anyways, this guy, he's young, fit, completely good health from what I could tell, but I have never felt a more strange vibe than what I got from this guy.

It just felt wrong.

Any idea why this happened? It really felt like inhuman, whatever was wrong. It just wasn't right.

Go with your gut instinct on this one. You are the sum of thousands of generations. Each generation has picked up traits that have helped your blood line still exist. I honestly believe that a 'survival' mechanism has kicked in for you and you have met someone dangerous. They could possibly be a sociopath/psychopath, he could be fit, handsome, funny and seem friendly but these are emotions that he copies as to fit in and manipulate people. In realty he has very little in common with normal human beings and the only true emotions that he experiences are greed, rage, control and power.

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 2

I fully believe in trusting my gut instinct. Whether I am unconsciously picking up on signals from that person or what, I don't know. But I have had a few occasions where I have had an instant reaction to the person, stomach churns, breath catches in throat, a feeling that I just didn't want to be around them. Two of these times I have been proved right in my reaction, the other I didn't get to know them for long enough to actually find out either way. But I do usually try and go with my first impression of people.

• Like 3

@Libstak,

About those experiences.... ewww!!!

*shudders*

Mabon.

• Like 1

I've had two occasions in my life where I have shaken someone's hand and been completely creeped out, actually felt a knot form in my stomach and had a strong recoil instinct.

The first handshake felt like a limp wet fish - it actually really did, it was so unexpected I nearly jumped and stepped back. The second person felt like soft marshmallow - this wasn't a pudgy hand, the person was quite fit looking but the hand felt like a spongy marshmallow and there was no real "reciprical feeling" from the person, it was like they held their hand out because it was expected but that was all that they were willing to do to participate in the handshake. I remember both very well even though the first was at least 12 years ago and the second at least 5 years ago, in fact I know I will never forget either experience, very weird.

You know handshakes, is a good one. I've only had a couple handshakes that have felt like a good solid handshake and everyone else I've handshake its like there hand is made out of bread or they slip out just as you grab and you crush there fingers.

Edited by EzyEllis
  • Like 1

You know handshakes, is a good one. I've only had a couple handshakes that have felt like a good solid handshake and everyone else I've handshake its like I mush there fingers.

Yes, I think you can intuit alot about a person's true feelings from a handshake. A firm handshake given without hesitation is like an "all clear" signal, many are meek though and that is not their fault - it tends to read like a gentle and somewhat timid handshake, it is more those that go through the motions with contempt that stand out for me.

• Like 3

It just felt wrong.

There is a reason for this, and it can be a few things, but go with your gut feeling on anything that makes you feel that bad.

• Like 1

Yes, I think you can intuit alot about a person's true feelings from a handshake. A firm handshake given without hesitation is like an "all clear" signal, many are meek though and that is not their fault - it tends to read like a gentle and somewhat timid handshake, it is more those that go through the motions with contempt that stand out for me.

I do agree with this. What I found out about handshakes is there are cultural differences that can throw you. I lived in Turkey for over three years and while American's like a good firm handshake Turkish handshakes are not firm because it's a sign of aggression and they make their handshakes deliberately less firm. That one threw me for a while until I understood it after a very nice lady pointed out the cultural difference. Once I knew that the ability to read their handshakes was pretty much the same then.

Mabon.

• Like 1