Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Been using Chrome and wish i never did this

George Ford

I was using chrome with a certain user name. Then google kept bugging me to use some other profile name i'd used ages ago. eventually i switched over. Now I cant thumbs up or down videos on youtube and it also auto links everything to 'google+' which I dont even know what it is? Can't find an option to switch back.

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

-edit-

basically they kept stopping what i was watching every so often to see if i wanted to try my other profile, when i did then embedded 'google+' into it now i cant stop sharing stuff without having to opt out every single time i post a comment.

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 2

Stay away from anything that is Google related. Their stuff is full of spyware and they are not shy about it. Use FireFox or something but never Google Chrome

• Like 3

Stay away from anything that is Google related. Their stuff is full of spyware and they are not shy about it. Use FireFox or something but never Google Chrome

I was using chrome with a certain user name. Then google kept bugging me to use some other profile name i'd used ages ago. eventually i switched over. Now I cant thumbs up or down videos on youtube and it also auto links everything to 'google+' which I dont even know what it is? Can't find an option to switch back.

-edit-

basically they kept stopping what i was watching every so often to see if i wanted to try my other profile, when i did then embedded 'google+' into it now i cant stop sharing stuff without having to opt out every single time i post a comment.

-new edit-

OMG read the T&Cs, it's like a cult, they auto opted me in to share into 'groups' and then 'circles' and 'hangouts' , they now want to tag me in photos etc and add hash tags my posts.

DO NOT WANT!

what should i use instead?

-edit-

-new edit-

OMG read the T&Cs, it's like a cult, they auto opted me in to share into 'groups' and then 'circles' and 'hangouts' , they now want to tag me in photos etc and add hash tags my posts.

DO NOT WANT!

what should i use instead?

Well opt out.

Theres a problem with this, is people don't read terms and conditions whether its google or any other company. Read

• Like 1

All it said was it was gonna switch profile pick and user name. It basically lied about everything else. Firefox here is come!

• Like 1

Well I was looking how to switch most of it off, and saw that it had switched all friends back 'on' so they knew i was online. it shared photos! I chose to 'go invisible' it would not as it said another device was connected... I realized it had decide to update my phone so i had to switch phone off so that i could then turn invisible on the pc. This is unacceptable, will be changing to another email provider and removing google completely from all devices. Google+ is in my opinion horrifically intrusive.

Get this:- I'm so wound up and stressed that my eyes have started to 'white out', there is too much light getting in, massive migraine (dead rare for me), cant even think properly anymore. Feel sick and head is spinning a bit. I dunno if it's just cos my Grandpa died on monday or cos i can;t type properly, auto spell is really p***ing me off now. worried about my nana and my mam. both brothers wifes had babied within a couple of weeks of each outher. my best mates dad is dying, his sister was in hospital. my right shoulder and arm are totaly ****ed form me overdoing it in the gym ages ago. never really got better. seriosluy utterly ******* ewwound up

_EDIT_

calmed down a bit now. not much, but a bit.

Edited by bulveye

"Google+ and Facebook is the Devil!"

"Thanks, baby. Now you go on and have some fun becomin' a man."

Edited by Talion

qzXjOIC.jpg
  • Like 1

I'm sorting it. Got major migraine rightnoe though

Oq8UZ5B.png

"Have you ever Banged yourself. You'll be amazed at what you find."

Edited by Talion
  • Like 2

Been using Firefox with no problem. I set it to never remember history. Within Firefox, I also disabled Flash Player except for when I actually want to watch a video.

I didn't like Chrome because it didn't show everything Internet Explorer or Firefox did.

I was using "igoogle" which was pretty good until Google decided to bin it,now they are trying to sell Chrome..I wonder if they will realise how unpopular they are becoming, even a lot of U.M. members don't like it..Is Firefox reliable as I'm going off Google, any replies would be appreciated.

• Like 2

I was using "igoogle" which was pretty good until Google decided to bin it,now they are trying to sell Chrome..I wonder if they will realise how unpopular they are becoming, even a lot of U.M. members don't like it..Is Firefox reliable as I'm going off Google, any replies would be appreciated.

What do you mean reliable?Firefox is the continuation of Netscape, the on;y program that ever had the dark side scared sh!tless.

• Like 1

Not true. Google is safe and their browser is very much reliable.

There are some legitimate concerns about the privacy of the users and that is due to the leaked documents which revealed the NSA collecting informations into the Google and Yahoo servers. The fact is that Google has gotten big in the last few years and it's search engine is now used by most of planet Earth so it was a matter of time before they were put under surveillance by Intelligence agencies.

But hey, let's not think that it please Google or Yahoo or other tech giants to be the target of surveillance and collect of informations.

According to Google's executive Eric Schmidt: http://www.theverge....ance-outrageous

There are a lot of supports for a NSA reforms and The USA freedom Act: http://www.theverge....act-nsa-reforms

Anyway, I personally do not really like how Google put all it's services together. You've to create a gmail adress in order to create a Youtube account which is ridiculous and once you do so you subscribe to Google+ , a social medial and ''the whole google package'' in the same time even if you don't want that. That's annoying. I do not really like this model but that doesn't mean the services in itself are not reliable.

Firefox is a good browser too and been open-source makes it an appealing choice but I do not think Firefox is better than Chrome, to be honest.

Edited by sam_comm

They do seem to be very keen to push their Google+ thing at any opportunity, I'm not really sure what it is myself but whenever they introduce new "Improvements" on you Tube they always try to push you into using it.

Actually I use Giggle chrome now rather internot Explorer after the latter broke, and it does seem on the whole much quicker and doesn't crash so much, so I'm not knocking everything they do.

so you never ever look at YouTube and you assiduously always use other Search engines? It really is very hard to avoid them in some capacity or other.

so you never ever look at YouTube and you assiduously always use other Search engines? It really is very hard to avoid them in some capacity or other.

Umm..what?

I don't use Google search engines at all if I can help it. I use Startpages or Duckduckgo and occasianlly Hakia or Clusty search engines.

As for YouTube..that is not even applicable (I don't upload anything to it anyways.)

Never heard of any of them.

You don't have to upload anything to you Tube to look at it, you know.

You don't have to upload anything to you Tube to look at it, you know.

I am aware of that. Thanks.

Never heard of any of them.

Well now you have.

Thanks to researching the net this is how I discovered them.

Edited by Ryu

I was using "igoogle" which was pretty good until Google decided to bin it,now they are trying to sell Chrome..

iGoolge was fun. I liked the Hamster gadget which interacted with your mouse clicks. There was a Turtle gadget, too.