Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost at work

CosmicFish

Hi there, I'm new here and I just thought I share my own little tale of my ghostly enounters at my job.

I work at a retail store, have been there for close to 10 years. When I first started, my boss told me the store was haunted, and she would blame certain things on said ghost. Of course we all just laughed, until one quiet evening me and my co-worker were standing around talking, and suddenly one of shelves started to rattle, and the merchandise on the shelve flew across the store.

Since that first evening, I have many other encounters. Most of them involving objects flying off the shelves on there own, and not just falling, but almost like they are being thrown. I've seen one almost hit a customer. At least once a week, when I first come in the morning, I will have to pick up merchandise off the floor. I have also had instances where I could have sworn I've seen someone walk by me and into our backroom. But when I go to check, no one is there.

At first I was a little scared by all of this, but now I've just started to accept it, as our ghost really doesn't seem that malicious. I've even gotten to the point where I try to say hello to them when I come in and good-night when I leave.

I'm not quite sure who this ghost is, or why they have decided to live on our little store. I've often thought about looking into it, but I have never gotten around to it.

• Like 1

No store surveillance cameras? Why not set one up? During all these years no one has been curious enough or want to show it to others? I sure would.

In my mind, I can't imagine shrugging off objects flying off shelves and almost hitting employees, let alone customers, unless you sell stuffed animals or pillows.

Edited by QuiteContrary

No store surveillance cameras? Why not set one up? During all these years no one has been curious enough or want to show it to others? I sure would.

In my mind, I can't imagine shrugging off objects flying off shelves and almost hitting employees, let alone customers, unless you sell stuffed animals or pillows.

We are a small store, and the company would never pay to install security cameras. I would love to be able to actually show people, many people have seen it, but we have no proof yet. And our ghost doesn't usually throw things at people, usually it is when we are not even close to the object in question. It has only ever been once I saw it almost hit a customer.

We are a small store, and the company would never pay to install security cameras. I would love to be able to actually show people, many people have seen it, but we have no proof yet. And our ghost doesn't usually throw things at people, usually it is when we are not even close to the object in question. It has only ever been once I saw it almost hit a customer.

It's like nothing to pick up and install a small camera from like Radio Shack. And I know many could tell you better than my novice suggestion.

Just seems odd to me that it hasn't been done, that's all. You could do it and post results on UM in no time, ghost cooperating and all.

Otherwise, and nothing personal, but having no idea who you are, some proof or evidence or something...film/photos which can be faked, yes, but yet could also help to support your claim.

Or give us an idea of the store set up and all.

It's like nothing to pick up and install a small camera from like Radio Shack. And I know many could tell you better than my novice suggestion.

Just seems odd to me that it hasn't been done, that's all. You could do it and post results on UM in no time, ghost cooperating and all.

Otherwise, and nothing personal, but having no idea who you are, some proof or evidence or something...film/photos which can be faked, yes, but yet could also help to support your claim.

So you or any other sceptic could buy them a camera or pay a visit if they're nearby? Just seems to me that there's all suggestions but when it comes to actually doing anything... except Sakari. And look where it got him.

So you or any other sceptic could buy them a camera or pay a visit if they're nearby? Just seems to me that there's all suggestions but when it comes to actually doing anything... except Sakari. And look where it got him.

Sure, I or my H would investigate the store, talk to the owner and other employees, install a camera. I have no problem with that, if she was close-by.

To get a first-hand experience with a poster's claims would be a good thing. And what a proper investigation would be about. :)

I (or my H) have no paranormal investigation creds/exp though, but I know how to ask questions.

I include H because the Internet can be a questionable place to set up a face-to-face.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I understand that some people would not belive me. Sometimes I still question what I am seeing. I can give you a basic decription of the store set up. It is basically a rectangle, with shelves of merchandise on either side, and some displays in the middle and a cash desk at the back. Like I said it is a small store. Other then that I don`t think theres much else I could offer.

I would love to be able to do an investigation, and set up cameras, but that would require permission from our head office. And I doubt they would actually say yes.

I'm surprised a chain store with a corporate office doesn't already have cameras of some sort. But I wouldn't know.

What stuff flies off the shelves specifically?

How about you believers give it a shot and prove all of us skeptics wrong once and for all?

Here are several pages of options - some as low as $29.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=surveillance%20camera&sprefix=survei%2Caps%2C139

Or better yet. Turn your phone into one for free:

https://www.google.com/search?q=turn+your+phone+into+a+surveillance+camera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Not a bad idea Rafterman, but I'm not the one who has an interest in evidence. I put my money on what interests me, Just thought you should do the same. Maybe there's believers who are that interested in the evidence, but the case often is, they already have enough reason to believe and thus dont need the evidence for personal use. Good idea though. And if I wanna do charity or something for the common good, this isn't my first choise.