Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man claims he uses mind power to lift metals

Still Waters

Meet the real-life Magneto, the psychic who claims to use telepathic powers to manipulate metal, just like the X-Men supervillain.

Miroslaw Magola says his mental powers are so strong he can even jump around with drinks cans, pots and pans or cutlery stuck to forehead, hands or chest.

http://www.dailymail...pervillain.html

• Like 1

I thought most of these so-called human magnets have been debunked as overactive sebaceous secretions. Mammals have glands that secrete oily/waxy stuff called sebum and some people secrete a lot. Not washing allows this to further buildup and allows the objects to adhere.

• Like 5

I thought most of these so-called human magnets have been debunked as overactive sebaceous secretions. Mammals have glands that secrete oily/waxy stuff called sebum and some people secrete a lot. Not washing allows this to further buildup and allows the objects to adhere.

Yeah i agree with u too. Don think it will stick if the metal was something heavy n put at a 90 degree angle..

It's a cute trick but I expect if you stick a gaussmeter on his forehead it will read zero.

What they do would be possibly the worst possible super power when 'god' was giving out super powers. It's only slightly better then my special power which is being able to balance a hat on a part of my body...

• Like 2

I'd like to see him do it with non-polished, heavier metal... This just looks like the old 'stick a spoon to your forehead' trick...

• Like 2

Interesting, I'd like to see him win the James Randy challenge, if it's all legit.

and on that note, heres Randi busting a 'magnetic man' :lol:

• Like 3

I wonder if he's tried(or someone else) using a magnet to see if one side is attracted and the other side is repelled.

But, like someone here said, a gauss meter would narrow down real or hoax.

• Like 1

Sign him up for the Legion of Superheroes! Cosmic Boy is missing!

how does lame cr@p like this end up on UM?

You need a laugh every once in a while. :yes::clap:

• Like 1

Actually I have seen my grandson do something quite similar to this. He was seven and we were at a regular restaurant/diner. He discovered when he drew his hand across the silverware from about 6" above, he could move the silverware in direction with his hand. And, really quite an admirable distance. We first thought some type of magnetized silverware but none of the rest of us could do it. Calling the waitress she said she had never seen it done before either by anyone else at the restaurant ever. Do you make a kid seven think he has none something really, really weird or do you just laugh and go on with what you are doing? We just went on with lunch.

Edited by Vincennes

Beer cans are aluminum and are not affected by magnetism. This is an indication that his skin just has some type of an adhesive ability instead of magnetism.

• Like 3

The photo looks like he was eating at a restaurant and a salad bowl flew across the room and stuck to his head. I hate when that happens. :hmm:

Otherwise this is not too convincing.

• Like 2

Beer cans are aluminum and are not affected by magnetism. This is an indication that his skin just has some type of an adhesive ability instead of magnetism.

ShortyStuff closed that case.

Edited by anubisptah

Yeah, but Glue Man doesn't sound nearly as exciting as The Real-Life Magneto.

• Like 2

Given enough training; he could become magneto's stunt double in upcoming X-Men movies!

I wonder how he could detach him self if he get stuck with solid metal pole? :-)

First up, well done Seeder - that Randi debunk sprang to mind immediately I saw this. James might be a bit on the 'terse' side, but he really homes in quickly on what scammers are up to. I love watching his debunks, and the sad looks on the faces of those who are suddenly left exposed as the cheats and lowlifes that they are.

Actually I have seen my grandson do something quite similar to this. He was seven and we were at a regular restaurant/diner. He discovered when he drew his hand across the silverware from about 6" above, he could move the silverware in direction with his hand. And, really quite an admirable distance. We first thought some type of magnetized silverware but none of the rest of us could do it. Calling the waitress she said she had never seen it done before either by anyone else at the restaurant ever. Do you make a kid seven think he has none something really, really weird or do you just laugh and go on with what you are doing? We just went on with lunch.

???

Yes, of course that's what you would do.... :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I'm calling you on this one. You've made an extraordinary claim, so how about backing it up. What restaurant was it? When? What was the name of the waitress or what did she look like? How old is your grandson now? Was he studying magic at the time, and had anyone given him any magic paraphernalia? (Any magician will tell you of at least 2 ways you can do this). Would it be a problem to ask him to do it again, with a decent camera rolling? (I'd be happy to tell you what things should be done to help prove the claim..) If he does have such powers, don't you think it could be a hazard for him or others around him, and that it deserves to be looked at closely? And if you are afraid of the MIB coming... why would you post this claim on a public forum?

• Like 2