Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simbi Laveau

Dental augmentations made in dirty cellars

6 posts in this topic

Earlier this month, the ABC News affiliate in Columbus, Ohio, aired a strange story: Police in Springfield had received a call-in report that a man was standing on a street corner and "shooting a gun off all day."

After a five-hour standoff, they arrested the man and searched his house. They found guns, knives, swords, and in the basement, hot plates, pots and pans, and boxes of teeth. Perplexed, they investigated further and discovered that the man's brother had been running a dental lab out of the home for about a year, supplying devices such as dentures to local dentists' offices.

The photos of the basement lab are sickening: paint peeling off the walls, dust everywhere, lots of clutter. Not exactly the kind of pristine environment you'd imagine for the manufacture of something that goes in your mouth.

More here :

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/11/unregulated-dental-labs

And may I say, GROSS GROSS GROSS

My Dentist has his own 'state of the art' pristine lab for making crowns and bridges (he will proudly show it off). I guess the only solution here is to ask where ones dentures are being made. Another reason why I'm really glad I have my own teeth.

2 people like this

So, now you are arguing for Government regulation?

1 person likes this

lmao. you should not go to restrant kitchens EVER, if you think this is bad, lol

2 people like this

Earlier this month, the ABC News affiliate in Columbus, Ohio, aired a strange story: Police in Springfield had received a call-in report that a man was standing on a street corner and "shooting a gun off all day."

After a five-hour standoff, they arrested the man and searched his house. They found guns, knives, swords, and in the basement, hot plates, pots and pans, and boxes of teeth. Perplexed, they investigated further and discovered that the man's brother had been running a dental lab out of the home for about a year, supplying devices such as dentures to local dentists' offices.

The photos of the basement lab are sickening: paint peeling off the walls, dust everywhere, lots of clutter. Not exactly the kind of pristine environment you'd imagine for the manufacture of something that goes in your mouth.

More here :

http://www.motherjon...ted-dental-labs

And may I say, GROSS GROSS GROSS

Meh, I've put much sketchier stuff in my mouth.

4 people like this

So, now you are arguing for Government regulation?

Who says the government has to regulate it.

Just make it clean by a guy certified in it.

And as I keep saying, I don't make the news ma'am, I just report it.

1 person likes this