Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is boy the reincarnation of his grandfather ?

UM-Bot

The case study of a young boy called 'Sam' has revealed tantalizing anecdotal evidence of reincarnation.

The concept of reincarnation, the idea that when we die we are reincarnated as someone else and begin a new life, has been a staple of spiritual beliefs for thousands of years. It is only relatively recently however that signs that this might actually be possible have begun to surface.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/257711/is-boy-the-reincarnation-of-his-grandfather

• Like 2

At 18mths the boy supposedly said to his father, "when I was your aged I changed your diaper".

I challenge anyone to find me an eighteen month old toddler who could put together that sentence without sounding like they are gurgling underwater.

• Like 6

Reincarnation is another thing which would be quite easily proven if true.

Thousands of claims yet no solid proof. Anecdotal evidence just does not cut it...

• Like 2

While there is legitimate research on genetic memory, it assumes that some memories are based on long term species specific events. As best I recall, there also exists research on individuals recalling their earliest memories and most of these memories were negative in nature. Yet, the encoding of a genome with a specific parental memory seems a stretch, but I suppose genetic memory needs to first establish itself as potentially viable in some manner.

Edited by highdesert50

Is this even a story. this should win BS story of 2013. I'd like to hear an 18month old baby say anything resembling that. Anyone could make this up.

• Like 1

I believe there was a tv documentary on this boy a couple of years ago and was something like "The Barra Boy", named after the scottish island that he and his parents live on.

It gave a lot more information about his "experiences" and had more scientific testing than just parental anecdotes but by the end of it there left a mystery that couldn't really be explained as proof either way.

• Like 2

When my granddaughter was three, she told my son, her father, "I used to drive you, now you drive me." When she'd get upset with him, she'd say, "You are neither cute, nor funny, nor smart," a saying my late mother often said to him. Her mother was the first to tell me, "She's reincarnated from your mother," although she'd never known my mother.

Often while riding in my car, she'd point out places we'd visited as mother and daughter, recall incidences that took place when her father was a child, and she was Grandma, and once, "That's where I used to live." This was an apartment house where my mother once lived.

That night she climbed into my lap weeping. "These memories; these memories."

"What was my mother's name?" I thought to ask her, although even if she had said, Ella, I couldn't rule out she'd learned it from my son. But she said, "Eli," a name only my father called her and no one else knew.

• Like 3

I don't have a problem believing in reincarnation. What I have a problem is believing you can bring specific memories back when you reincarnate, since memories are a part of the physical, being formed in the pathways of the brain. Once your life force is separated from your physical being it's also separated from memories.

why does weak ****e keep popping up here lately, as if it all were tailored so just the lame examples come up here. Even Cpt. Robert Snow's example is more convincing than this.

for reference. Or

[media=]

for a more in-detail recounting not that it would be the most convincing case ever. But if you were to read all of Ian Stevenson's research, maybe even do your own, then follow it up with related research like the Afterlife investigations, namely the Scole Experiment, you could use these as a base to build on, a starting point, and move on from there. There are numerous fruitful avenues you can move on from there. The important thing is for you to do your OWN research (and experiments). Many have done, but the nature of personal conviction is that it is non-transferable. The most unfortunate phenomenon is the number of people with superficial interest who are not ready for truth, people whose only motivation is to satisfy curiosity. But then there will always be those who are thirsting and seeking the truth and are ready to do the relevant work, and not just pretend. Going on forums and shouting "fake" at videos and screaming "where is the proof" hardly qualifies as the relevant work. What Robert Snow did more closely resembles it, which is why I brought it up as an example. Imagine where he would be in his own personal conviction if all he'd done were looking at youtube videos and read forums. He walked one avenue of a number of possible ones. Some are more "valid" than others. For some, psychedelic explorations suffice. Others need much more than that. And that's all fine. No conclusions. But if you wait for the news to be announced on corporate media, that'll happen on the day when they air the complete Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure.

Edited by Rolci

I don't have a problem believing in reincarnation. What I have a problem is believing you can bring specific memories back when you reincarnate, since memories are a part of the physical, being formed in the pathways of the brain. Once your life force is separated from your physical being it's also separated from memories.

Come on now, OverSword technically you can't know that for certain since we don't even really know IF we have a soul, what it is or even how it works if there is such a thing. We do know that energy doesn't die and we all live in a giant energy grid. Could it be possible that our memories are just electrical impulses that are simply uploaded to the grid at death and downloaded into another person at birth? I'm just speculating.

Also, when I was four I had memories of being a woman climbing up a tree with my infant father in a sling on my back. Picture a tribal member climbing up a palm tree for coconuts. That's how I remember it. I asked my mother if she remembered when daddy was a baby and I was his mama. At another time around the same age, I became frustrated that I couldn't tie my shoes when I could clearly picture me as a boy wearing knee breaches and clunky 1920's era style shoes and being able to tie them easily. I again, asked my mother if she could remember when I was a little boy and could tie my shoes. She just chalked it up to the nonsense children say sometimes. I can still remember and picture what I was "remembering" then as clear today as I did 36 years ago.

• Like 1

#13 OverSword I have lived with one reincarnated. When what they bring to you is first information rather than an identity, you listen to them. And, there are those memories that do seem to have been embedded in the soul.

• Like 1

I believe there was a tv documentary on this boy a couple of years ago and was something like "The Barra Boy", named after the scottish island that he and his parents live on.

It gave a lot more information about his "experiences" and had more scientific testing than just parental anecdotes but by the end of it there left a mystery that couldn't really be explained as proof either way.

Yes, I remember that story very well and it can be found on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOHfsugF1cI

• Like 1

From my research into reincarnation a lot of cases who are more convincing seem to be the person living and the person dead are almost twins in every aspect.

I'm looking forward to living on another planet in the future,because this one's going down the tubes.

• Like 1

I remember being here before but I got killed.

Very interesting. Perhaps only a select few experience reincarnation, or only those select few can remember their past life or lives!

So you could get knocked on the head and loose your memory, but can die and be reborn and still remember stuff ? I don't buy it.

Yea that's kinda how I feel. There is a huge industry of people claiming to be reincarnations of others in Asia, especially I think in Sri Lanka. I've never known quite what to make of it, except at least in many cases suggestible children and ambitious parents.

Most great authors and composers and even performers have unique, readily recognizable voices. Why haven't their reincarnations appeared? Where are Mozart and Hayden now that music needs them?

So you could get knocked on the head and loose your memory, but can die and be reborn and still remember stuff ? I don't buy it.

From comments like this I have come to realize how many people actually come to these forums and voice their "opinions" who in fact never really thought it over, or obviously ANYTHING over, exploring possibilities, looking for alternate explanations, etc. That requires critical thinking rather than a quick superficial look at something which triggers a knee-jerk reaction from your mind that had been conditioned and is full of pre-conceived ideas hardly leaving room for anything that doesn't fit your current paradigm and "understanding". Sorry but the truch is, you don't have understanding. As Terrence McKenna says humblingly:

"No generation which preceded us knew what was going on. And there is no reason to assume that we know what's going on, or that the generation which follows us will know what's going on. And what kind of trip is it anyway to insist on knowing what's going on? It's a highly unlikely enterprise. I mean, look at the data sample. The data sample is your lifetime on one planet in one tiny corner of the universe. And from this, via the fallacy of induction, some certain principles of uniformity are extended to the far-flung corners of the cosmos in space and time, then a bunch of fancy metaphors are built up that nobody can check on anyway, and then this is called understanding?"

And that refers to the parts of the universe that you can perceive and anything that might be in interaction with those parts. But again, as Terence says:

" And the basic message of materialism is that the world is what it appears to be: a thing composed of matter, and pretty much confined to its surface. The world is what it appears to be. Now, this, on the face of it, is a tremendously naïve position, because what it says is the animal body that you inhabit, the eyes you look through, the fingers you feel through, are somehow the ultimate instruments of metaphysical conjecture… which is highly improbable."

And even if you could perceive everything there is and your data sample were sufficient, who said you would be able to put it all together? Consider what McKenna says:

"For monkeys to speak of truth is hubris of the highest degree. Where is it writ large that talking monkeys should be able to model the cosmos? If a sea urchin or a raccoon were to propose to you that it had a viable truth about the universe, the absurdity of that assertion would be self-evident, but in our case we make an exception."

In the light of all this, how, may I ask you, does what you say follow logically? First you assume that a knock on the head that results in apparent memory loss does in fact cause just that, simply because it appears so. Never mind when memories or fragments thereof return. Even if they never returned wouldn't mean they're not there. They simply cannot be accessed. But if we had a machine that could check for certain and the machine said "nope, it's not there, lost forever", even then, what makes you make bold assumptions like, the physical brain is the only place where memory is stored? Do you think Cayce's work came from his brain? Or Robert Snow's info that I mentioned here previously? What IF the soul remembers too? Or there is indeed something we refer to as the Akashic Records? Or a planetary consciousness? Or are you one of those who are still saying, "if I can't see it it's not really there"? In my post of Robert Snow I also talked about personal research and conviction. Obviously you haven't done yours. But then again, without critical thinking and an open mind that's kind of hard to do. You sit and wait for it to be announced on the 6 o'clock news. Good luck.

Edited by Rolci