Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Bogeyman

cant get rid of

9 posts in this topic

Hi all

Cant get rid of dosearch from a mates computer...tried spybot, ms essentials ETC....ANY TIPS..

Bogey

You could try downloading as many anti-viruses as you can(zonealarm, malwarebytes, avast, etc), then disconnect the internet entirely and run them all from startup, one at a time.

1 person likes this

I found Malwarebytes invaluable.. give that a try.

Edited by Ohelemapit

Have been told that spyhunter is dodgy itself....looking for a free fix

Thanks

I use Malwarebytes, Norton, TDSSKiller, Spybot, and Windows Defender. I update them constantly and run one of them each night before going to bed. I always wake up to a clean computer.

Also, watch what you download, especially .exe files. Some programs have other software that gets installed (piggybacked) onto your computer without your knowledge or you have to uncheck it on installation.

Prevention is the key. Some of what I use is free but sometimes you get what you pay for.....

Run combofix and then run malwarebytes as aforementioned. Every customer I've recommended this to has found success.

Put spybot on a USB stick and go in the bios and make the pc boot from USB stick spy boot will kill it